BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-18-2017, 12:53 PM   #177
Beartato
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
Took your post as a direct insult since it was a response to my posting. My two-faced comment was in regard to what I was commenting about in my original post that resulted in your snowflake comment.
[Snowflaking intensifies]
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2017, 12:56 PM   #178
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'01 Dinan Z3 3.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beartato View Post
Would expect nothing different from you.
President, Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915 www.tejaschapter.org
2015 ///M4, SO/full black, 6MT, HK, light 19"
Appreciate 1
fbsm762

06-19-2017, 08:44 AM   #179
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
I personally don't like the term "snowflake", because it's too easy to pigeonhole someone based on a reaction that might be justified. As you know, a "snowflake" is someone who fragility can't handle even the smallest of opposition, difficulty, or even inconvenience. It is, in fact, a combination of personal insult and dismissing of a problem that might be of more importance than they realize. It's a closure of dialog and a dismissal of potential problems. It's the easy way, and personally, I think it's the laziest and selfish way to dismiss someone.

If someone were to use the term "snowflake" as it is used today during the civil rights movement a conversation might go something like this:

"We deserve the right to be treated as equals"
"What's the matter, snowflake, can't handle having a separate drinking faucet?"

Snowflake = crybaby, bitch, pussy.

These are insults we used to use when we were immature or couldn't find an constructive way to interact with someone and resorted to a personal attack. As much as you might think I have been disrespectful in this sub in the past, I have never called anyone a bitch or crybaby, yet "snowflake" gets tossed around very often and no one calls those people out on it.
And now hopefully you understand the frustration of being labeled a racist simply for disagreeing with a black person, a homophobe for simply not celebrating the gay lifestyle, a xenophobe for expecting immigration laws to be honored and enforced, etc.

The left has been playing this game for years, interesting that y'all cry foul when it gets turned around on you.
      06-19-2017, 08:57 AM   #180
fbsm
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 4wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by fravel View Post
And now hopefully you understand the frustration of being labeled a racist simply for disagreeing with a black person, a homophobe for simply not celebrating the gay lifestyle, a xenophobe for expecting immigration laws to be honored and enforced, etc.

The left has been playing this game for years, interesting that y'all cry foul when it gets turned around on you.
Dude....quit being an angry white man hater of GLTQ**&&^&^ and generally speaking a islamophobic racist.

Appreciate 1
      06-19-2017, 10:13 AM   #181
gonzo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:

Whatever the award around here is, you just won it.
      06-19-2017, 11:14 AM   #182
DETRoadster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
You wont get any arguments from my lefty leaning self on this. Well said.

Disagreeing with someone who happens to be black, white, brown does not make you racist. Disagreeing with them solely BECAUSE they are black, white, brown, does.

I think that by in large, people just assume the worst out of each other. They go from zero to 100 without pausing to consider that maybe the person disagreeing with them simply disagrees with them with no further intent or malice. It's sad.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 01:13 PM   #183
Efthreeoh
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 & Z4 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
You wont get any arguments from my lefty leaning self on this. Well said.

Disagreeing with someone who happens to be black, white, brown does not make you racist. Disagreeing with them solely BECAUSE they are black, white, brown, does.

I think that by in large, people just assume the worst out of each other. They go from zero to 100 without pausing to consider that maybe the person disagreeing with them simply disagrees with them with no further intent or malice. It's sad.
But that's the point. From a Conservative's perspective, it is ALWAYS assumed we disagree with some individual (of Democrat coalition group) BECAUSE of their affiliation to the coalition. That's why it is called coalition-based politics and is controlled by the rules of political correctness. It gets to a point where it is impossible to conduct conversation.

It's evident is the offensiveness of the term "Merry Christmas". Democrats (Liberals) take offense to someone saying it to them because if the person it is being said to is not Christian, it is deemed that the person saying it believes non-Christians are in some way inferior. When in reality, it just a term of politeness and celebration.
Appreciate 1
      06-19-2017, 01:23 PM   #184
DETRoadster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
But that's the point. From a Conservative's perspective, it is ALWAYS assumed we disagree with some individual (of Democrat coalition group) BECAUSE of their affiliation to the coalition. That's why it is called coalition-based politics and is controlled by the rules of political correctness. It gets to a point where it is impossible to conduct conversation.

It's evident is the offensiveness of the term "Merry Christmas". Democrats (Liberals) take offense to someone saying it to them because if the person it is being said to is not Christian, it is deemed that the person saying it believes non-Christians are in some way inferior. When in reality, it just a term of politeness and celebration.
I know, and I think it's crap! Both sides do it all too often and it's unfortunate.

Sometimes I agree with you and sometimes I don't. It has nothing to do with your political leanings and everything to do with what you are saying at that moment.

I'm right there with you on the whole "Merry Christmas" thing. That was just so embarrassingly stupid and petty. Just shut up and enjoy the pretty lights, the music, the food, and the feeling of unity, regardless of your religion.

Last edited by DETRoadster; 06-19-2017 at 01:31 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 01:36 PM   #185
Uber Commuter
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 328D xDrive

Garage List
"Democrats" don't take offense to the term Merry Christmas. Some people take offense to some things, regardless of their politics; creating sweeping generalizations never helps anyone...

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...appy-holidays/
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 01:39 PM   #186
iamwingman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Commuter View Post
"Democrats" don't take offense to the term Merry Christmas. Some people take offense to some things, regardless of their politics; creating sweeping generalizations never helps anyone...

Democrats don't take offense to merry Christmas. Those who take offense to merry Christmas are democrats.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 01:40 PM   #187
Delta0311
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Commuter View Post

They prefer the shouts of Allah Akbar.
You can detect right away those that are going to be shaky, and that will fall behind and those that are very hungry, and that hunger you will have to develop. You gotta create a goal for yourself whatever that may be, a short term goal and a long term goal and you gotta go after that. And if you donít see it, and if you donít believe it, who else will?
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 01:44 PM   #188
iamwingman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
They prefer the shouts of Allah Akbar.
It warms their hearts.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 02:19 PM   #189
Uber Commuter
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 328D xDrive

Garage List
And you wonder why productive discourse is nearly impossible at this point...
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 02:42 PM   #190
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

So, outside of any members of Congress or their staff, who else had ever heard of this "baseball" game they have played for 100+ years???
Appreciate 1
Lups9002

06-19-2017, 04:43 PM   #191
bbbbmw
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Quote:
You sure are way off base. At 70 years old, having served 20+ years in the Air Force, including a combat tour in Southeast Asia, and 20+ years in state government, I am a long way from being a snowflake. Definitely not triggered and just see so much two-face posting.
I personally don't like the term "snowflake", because it's too easy to pigeonhole someone based on a reaction that might be justified. As you know, a "snowflake" is someone who fragility can't handle even the smallest of opposition, difficulty, or even inconvenience. It is, in fact, a combination of personal insult and dismissing of a problem that might be of more importance than they realize. It's a closure of dialog and a dismissal of potential problems. It's the easy way, and personally, I think it's the laziest and selfish way to dismiss someone.

If someone were to use the term "snowflake" as it is used today during the civil rights movement a conversation might go something like this:

"We deserve the right to be treated as equals"
"What's the matter, snowflake, can't handle having a separate drinking faucet?"

Snowflake = crybaby, bitch, pussy.

These are insults we used to use when we were immature or couldn't find an constructive way to interact with someone and resorted to a personal attack. As much as you might think I have been disrespectful in this sub in the past, I have never called anyone a bitch or crybaby, yet "snowflake" gets tossed around very often and no one calls those people out on it.
How about "denier?"
      06-19-2017, 04:44 PM   #192
bbbbmw
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Quote:
Took your post as a direct insult since it was a response to my posting. My two-faced comment was in regard to what I was commenting about in my original post that resulted in your snowflake comment.
In the past I've rarely agreed with you (but not never), but you at least had something to add to the discussion. Lately it's only been worthless snark....
      06-19-2017, 04:56 PM   #193
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
So, outside of any members of Congress or their staff, who else had ever heard of this "baseball" game they have played for 100+ years???
Ha! I had heard about it!

I read a book about baseball and it mentioned it. I take great pride over the fact that I've never seen the game played (we have our own rip off version of it, and if yours is half as dull as ours, i haven't missed much!) but an old friend of mine loves it so i thought i could figure it out with my usual method of reading.
Even atheists should respect smart words said on a forum.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 04:57 PM   #194
jmg
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3, i3 REx

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Quote:
Quote:
In the past I've rarely agreed with you (but not never), but you at least had something to add to the discussion. Lately it's only been worthless snark....
What a troll you've become.
Previous: F30 340i M Sport ZTR ē F30 328i Sport ē Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 05:01 PM   #195
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Ha! I had heard about it!

I read a book about baseball and it mentioned it. I take great pride over the fact that I've never seen the game played (we have our own rip off version of it, and if yours is half as dull as ours, i haven't missed much!) but an old friend of mine loves it so i thought i could figure it out with my usual method of reading.
I meant the specific annual Democrats vs Republicans version that Senator Scalise was practicing for on a workday.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 05:19 PM   #196
gonzo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Where does fecurtis hang out, other than P/R? He got banned again.
Curtis, you so crazy.
      06-19-2017, 05:36 PM   #197
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I meant the specific annual Democrats vs Republicans version that Senator Scalise was practicing for on a workday.
Yup, it mentioned it, I'm pretty sure but not curious enough to find the book to double check. It was one horribly boring evening read.
Even atheists should respect smart words said on a forum.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 07:03 PM   #198
Beartato
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Eh, bored at work. I don't mean anything by it. But, it's worth about as some posters here who bash whatever views they don't agree with, which is all I seem to read lately here.
Appreciate 0