BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-13-2011, 01:33 PM   #23
FairfaxM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, 1M, F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
is coming. For some reason, some know what month or maybe even a production week, yet others only known that they have a pending allocation.
I believe that all dealers know when they are getting allocations. Some are just not sharing the information....
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 01:34 PM   #24
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
From what I understand, BWM has told each dealership how many 1M's they have been allocated which means BMW will build it; however, BMW doesn't tell them when they will be built which is why an allocation may sit in 047 status. Additional allocation may be given in the latter part of the year and some dealerships are taking deposit for a waiting list. If your sales person said you have an allocation and you feel unsure, you should probably ask the sales person to show you where you are in the system and to see if anyone is ahead of you or speak to the sales manager.

Correct. I am sure that a certain number of GMs choose not to share this level of detail with their sales reps, instead waiting until the sales person has determined the likelihood of an actual sale, vs giving a lot of info to a tire kicker or broker etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 01:38 PM   #25
Luca335
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAM View Post
One of the dealers I have a deposit down with called me back today, just to let me know my deposit has been processed. I took the opportunity to ask him about the allocation. I asked him if this allocation was a real allocation and not just a build request to BMW. He state that no, this was a real allocation that BMW has given them the right to a chassis, and next month he'll have all the production info. Does this sound accurate? Thanks.
You should be able to get the following from your CA:

1. production number (not vin number)
2. Status 111 Accepted by BMW AG
3. Production month

I know other people have put deposit down, but without the information mentioned above you are not guaranteed to get one.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 01:42 PM   #26
1978.530i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

Quote:
Correct. I am sure that a certain number of GMs choose not to share this level of detail with their sales reps, instead waiting until the sales person has determined the likelihood of an actual sale, vs giving a lot of info to a tire kicker or broker etc.
The only reason to keep that information from a customer with a deposit down is if they know they don't have the allocation yet and are hoping to keep the customer on the hook in case they're lucky enough to get one. I'd prefer they tell me they're only getting 1 (or none) at this time, rather than "we don't know."
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 02:17 PM   #27
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca335 View Post

3. Production month

I know other people have put deposit down, but without the information mentioned above you are not guaranteed to get one.
Not true at all. Let's all understand than an allocation is not a production number. It is a commitment made by BMWNA to the dealerships. If you have a deposit for one of your dealership's allocations, then you are 99% guaranteed to get one. It's very unlikely that BMWNA will renege on their allocations to the dealerships especially if a buyer is already lined up. Most of the dealerships I've spoken to were straight forward on whether or not they had an allocation. And of course the ones that didn't have one offered up the waiting list just in case they receive an allocation.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 02:23 PM   #28
Luca335
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Not true at all. Let's all understand than an allocation is not a production number. It is a commitment made by BMWNA to the dealerships. If you have a deposit for one of your dealership's allocations, then you are 99% guaranteed to get one. It's very unlikely that BMWNA will renege on their allocations to the dealerships especially if a buyer is already lined up. Most of the dealerships I've spoken to were straight forward on whether or not they had an allocation. And of course the ones that didn't have one offered up the waiting list just in case they receive an allocation.
Just trying to understand then, which one has more guarantee or weight in it, an actual production number or a "real" allocation?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 02:27 PM   #29
OAM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sitting

Quote:
Yes.... and this is about the best question you can ask and the best answer. Many dealers KNOW that the allocation is coming. For some reason, some know what month or maybe even a production week, yet others only known that they have a pending allocation.

While there are many dealers that are signing up people on waitlist in hopes that they get another allocation, you seem to be set. I wish my CA had commumicated this more to me, but weeks of silence and a pressing need for ED before late fall had me on the hot seat looking for something more solid.... i eventually ended up with two spots when the allocations opened up at the start of this month, so I handed one off to another forum member.
Thanks! I guess I can slow down my search to lay down another deposit somewhere else too now.

Quote:

3. Production month

I will go ahead email the sales rep to see if he has any of that info yet. I believe he told me he gets all that info next month. So would that mean I really don't have anything locked down till I get those 3 pieces of key info?

Also regarding the 1m I found coming in later this month, I spoke to the sales rep this morning and he told me his manager decided to throw it up on ebay. So now that option is out of the question.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 03:06 PM   #30
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
I agree 100 percent... if one is calling dealers, then it is important to ask if they have an open allocation, or if one is following up on a deposit, then to confirm that the deposit is for an allocation, as opposed to a spot on a waitlist. The difference between being fourth on your dealers list, versus having their fourth allocation is huge. There is no link between having an order in the system at 047 status and having an order in that is for an allocation.

Quote:

3. Production month

Like bdaddy... I disagree.. One of the reasons that I ended up with two allocations is because so many dealers I spoke with never were able to/never did give me a production month or a production number... And it was not for my lack of asking.. I had a deposit at one dealer that was unresponsive and had not charged my CC , a second deposit at a local dealer that was hoping for an extra allocation, and I wanted to make sure what I was getting before putting down a 5K deposit at a THIRD dealer. As it turns out, it looks like both actual allocations went from 047 to 110 on the same day as I got emails from both the same day with production numbers. The dealer that had the hopeful allocation has not followed up.

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 07-13-2011 at 03:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 03:19 PM   #31
Luca335
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! I guess I can slow down my search to lay down another deposit somewhere else too now.

I will go ahead email the sales rep to see if he has any of that info yet. I believe he told me he gets all that info next month. So would that mean I really don't have anything locked down till I get those 3 pieces of key info?

Also regarding the 1m I found coming in later this month, I spoke to the sales rep this morning and he told me his manager decided to throw it up on ebay. So now that option is out of the question.
My CA showed me this info. on his computer with my name next to it. I was freaking out a bit because I just sold my 335i coupe and wanted to be sure I was going to get a car and that's what he showed me. I just feel more comfortable knowing there is a production number. That's just my 2 cents.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 03:47 PM   #32
PyratOne
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe (Not an M1!)

Quote:
Yes.... and this is about the best question you can ask and the best answer. Many dealers KNOW that the allocation is coming. For some reason, some know what month or maybe even a production week, yet others only known that they have a pending allocation.

While there are many dealers that are signing up people on waitlist in hopes that they get another allocation, you seem to be set. I wish my CA had commumicated this more to me, but weeks of silence and a pressing need for ED before late fall had me on the hot seat looking for something more solid.... i eventually ended up with two spots when the allocations opened up at the start of this month, so I handed one off to another forum member.
that forum member would be me.

Well, I have an update after a few days of no info. Especially nervous as my $5K was over the phone to someone I never met, 1500 miles away.

1) got an email from Frank- he's swamped and I believe him.
2) I have a production number
3) called the 1800 831 1117 number and I have a completion date of July22
4) ED pickup is early Sept - waiting to confirm day to start planning.

I just take a little space here to thank M3Adjuster again. Just awesome that he would throw a line like that.

Also Papethova and MB38 provided a couple leads and kind words. This board is just awesome, I hope to be around for a while. Thanks guys, see you in the Alps.

Top Gear Magazine - Jason Barlow about the 1M
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 10:08 PM   #33
ZCP M3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M Coupe #759

Going to read through this thread before I hit up the dealership on Saturday. My CA is being less than responsive and it's making me worry I have a deposit on a future allocation they hope to receive...
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 04:21 PM   #34
keinz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M ~ too be

sorry to re-ask the same question over and over again
but I just want to have someone help me confirm if I am in a safe position or not

I putted down a deposit for an AW 1M at my dealer
they called me saying BMWNA has accepted the order but they are waiting for a production date, but the GM personally told me that he sent an email to BMW and they replied back stating that my production date would be in Late Sept or Early Oct

But what I want to know is, am I 99% safe that I will be getting my 1M or is my dealer just messing with me?

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 04:50 PM   #35
Mahlzeit
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Very similar situation over here.

My sales rep told me BMW accepted my order, and that the build date is now likely September. But that we don't yet have a production number or date. He says I have an allocation - but I won't rest at ease until I get a production number.

I asked him for my order bank status - but haven't gotten a reply.

Is it possible to be status 111, but not yet have a production number?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 05:08 PM   #36
OneMmmm
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Are larger dealerships/larger metropolitan areas given significantly more allocations?

How many allocations/month can we expect to see for large cities such as Dallas, Chicago, New York, LA, etc.?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 05:27 PM   #37
hollysmac
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Bmw 228xi Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
I've been looking around and I think I understand the 1M allocation process but just need some clarification. I've been looking around for a 1M allocation for about two months now. I recently put a deposit down at a dealership who told me he had an allocation for a build in Sept., still available. So I jumped on it. Now from what I understand this really doesn't mean that I will actually get this car. Is that correct? Because of that I've been calling more dealers left and right and I happen to find another dealer who told me that he was actually reading a notification of a Oct build allocation right before I called. Now would it be smart to also put some money down on this one too to increase my chances? or are there certain questions I can ask the first dealer to make sure that the allocation I have a deposit on will most likely be built?

The other option is that I found another dealer that has a 1m on a ship being delivered to them at the end of the month, it's the exact color I wanted but it has every single option on it, which I didn't want but could live with. They are willing to let it go for MSRP, but want to charge another 1k for some BS dealer options like zxlyon paint and interior protection, and nitrogen filled tires. I asked if I could take it without those options, but he said the dealer wanted to make some more money on it since they will let it go for MSRP, so technically it is a 1k markup I would be getting something out of it I guess. So should I take that or just sit tight with one deposit or plunk down another deposit? Any help would be great.
I'd take it. My dealer called me April 19. They had one that "fell in their lap" from BMW. It did not have Nav which I had on my e46 M3. My dealer is a small dealer and I decided not to take the chance of not getting one. Mine was MSRP. You'll be still grinning long after the extra 1,000 is forgotten. See if they will throw in the rubber floor mats and trunk liner that comes with the 135. They are really nice and will put you a couple 100 ahead.

Get the car and then get your deposit back. Do the deal now and be done with it. It's a great car and you only live once.
What color?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #38
analogue
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M, iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahlzeit View Post
I don't believe so... When I went from 047 to 111, my CA was able to give me my production number.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 07:54 PM   #39
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahlzeit View Post
Very similar situation over here.

My sales rep told me BMW accepted my order, and that the build date is now likely September. But that we don't yet have a production number or date. He says I have an allocation - but I won't rest at ease until I get a production number.

I asked him for my order bank status - but haven't gotten a reply.

I wish I knew the answer... I believe that my order went from status 047 to 111 when a production # was assigned but my CA responded with a status of 111 and then sent the production # the next day...
Mine doesn't actually have a build date yet (per the 1-800#) but I have a Euro Delivery date.

Again... for those of you that are speaking to dealers that have a production MONTH or date... those are true allocations that will be filled. Many dealers have delivery dates of October, November, and even December which means that the allocation would become live 4-6 weeks before. It appears that at least some of the october dates have been picked up early... It looks like the next round of allocations will come up in the first week or two of August..

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 07-15-2011 at 08:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 12:15 AM   #40
OAM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollysmac View Post
I'd take it. My dealer called me April 19. They had one that "fell in their lap" from BMW. It did not have Nav which I had on my e46 M3. My dealer is a small dealer and I decided not to take the chance of not getting one. Mine was MSRP. You'll be still grinning long after the extra 1,000 is forgotten. See if they will throw in the rubber floor mats and trunk liner that comes with the 135. They are really nice and will put you a couple 100 ahead.

Get the car and then get your deposit back. Do the deal now and be done with it. It's a great car and you only live once.
What color?
That deal was taken off the table a few days ago. It was the VO one that was just up on ebay. When I called the dealer the next day he said the manager decided to put it up on ebay, but I could still put my name down in case it didn't sell. I decided not to. After the dealer told me that I no longer felt comfortable with them. I have two deposits down now on allocations and I'm pretty sure both will be going through shortly.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 08:55 AM   #41
mrjersey
Dreaming
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Just been to see my dealer and have been told my order has a code of 077. Any ideas what this means? Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 11:24 AM   #42
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjersey View Post
Just been to see my dealer and have been told my order has a code of 077. Any ideas what this means? Thank you!
never seen that.. call back and ask..
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 11:48 AM   #43
lhsa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: kia

Probably 47 meaning nothing is certain since it's sitting in the order bank waiting to be picked up by BMW
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2011, 02:46 PM   #44
ZCP M3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M Coupe #759

So I visited my dealer and they don't have a build sheet, prod number, or status of any kind, including 047. I asked and he said they haven't submitted the order yet, but they have 4 allocations and I'm first in line...

I feel like I'm being screwed. Not to mention they offered me $20k for my 06 ZCP M3...

Thoughts? Why wouldn't they have an 047 status days after I put down my deposit?
Appreciate 0