BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-26-2010, 02:07 AM   #1
aksundog
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Installed JB3 + BMS DCI + P3 Vent Gauge

The JB3 and BMS DCI combo were definitely worth the money. I can hear my turbos for the first time! The throttle is much more responsive compared to stock and I've already seen some new highs on the boost numbers from my P3 vent gauge.

I was originally looking into just getting the JB3, and not the BMS Dual Cone intake. However, after seeing some testimonials and dynos on the BMS, I decided it was much too affordable to pass up. I'm glad I grabbed it, the sound of the turbos on some decent acceleration is seriously impressive when the intake is installed.

I'm 100% happy with these mods, and for a combined total of around 1k, I'm thrilled at the value.

The one other mod I had installed first was the BSH oil catch can, which I decided was a must for myself personally. Even if that thing doesn't ever grab any oil, It'll always give me the peace of mind that I'm not pumping sludge back into my engine.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 12:50 PM   #2
BKScripto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i Sedona/Lemon

Sweet!!! I'm sooo close to pulling the trigger on the JB3/BMS DCI....
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 01:18 PM   #3
Castr_85M
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW/Fox 6MT E90 M3

I got exactly what you did minus the Gauge, feels like a whole new car though. I'am pretty skeptical on the DCI in the summer, i know how engine heat can effect performance. I'll wait it out and see how it does if not i'll switch to stock for summer with a k&N drop in then back to dci for winter.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 02:46 PM   #4
Taki
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Nice. I've had the JB3 sitting on my counter for a month, but I've also had a few long cranks, so I'm waiting for my fuel pump to fail before installing it. :/ The wait sucks.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 03:04 PM   #5
Tochenzo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
1998 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alofoque View Post
I got exactly what you did minus the Gauge, feels like a whole new car though. I'am pretty skeptical on the DCI in the summer, i know how engine heat can effect performance. I'll wait it out and see how it does if not i'll switch to stock for summer with a k&N drop in then back to dci for winter.
With so many people running the BMS DCI's, I doubt the summer weather will make a big impact on your car. A car will run worse in hot weather compared to cool weather whether you're running a DCI or not, so you might as well put it in and enjoy it.

National Capital Chapter BMW CCA #367673

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 06:12 PM   #6
aksundog
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alofoque View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Then someone pointed out that the intake should handle air, and the FMIC will take care of the cooling. They had a nice graph and some impressive calculations, but I forgot where I saw that post... was either here or on n54tech, I forget.
Appreciate 0