BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-19-2018, 04:02 PM   #1
rapoot6
Registered
Rep
Drives: 135i

Check Engine Light- Camshaft installation faulty

Hello,

I have a 2011 N55 135i I purchased 6 weeks ago.

Being a new purchase I decided to reset the adaptations on the car via the MHD app and since then the following error codes have come up.

2C58 - Charging pressure control: Switch-off as consequence
3011 - Intake Camshaft: Installation faulty.
3012 - Exhaust Camshaft: Installation faulty.

The only way to start the car to no CEL was to turn on ignition, clear dme codes via the app and then start upon which it would run perfectly. Otherwise the same codes and CEL returned every time the car was restarted.

I attempted disconnecting the negative terminal for a few minutes to reset the ecu to no avail.

The car had its VANOS bolt recall performed 2 years ago. The dealership has said that in their repair attempt they have replaced the vanos bolts, adjusted timing, tried new vanos units, new injectors, cleared the codes and updated the DME to no avail.

They have now had the car for 3 weeks+ with an ongoing puma case to no resolution yet.

Any suggestions to guide me on a fix would be greatly appreciated

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2018, 05:50 PM   #2
Mybimmer
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 118d & E82 135i

Did you purchase the car from a dealer or private sale? If dealer demand they take it back. If you purchased from a BMW dealer demand a new cylinder head and valve train or full refund of the purchase.
Appreciate 0