BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport :D

Soon she'll back on the road

So after 2 weeks of fighting bmw to get a new clutch covered under warranty I should have her back by the weekend. Haven't driven her for almost 2.5 months. Can't wait to go out on a nice country drive and just enjoy how tossable she is compared to my S4.

12-05-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

2.5 months?!?! My car was out of action for about 4 weeks and I was going loony....Great you're getting it back though!

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #3
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Yeah i parked the car to keep miles off of her since they were building up. Been itching to take her out on a weekend, but she went kaput and I was slow to get her towed to get her fixed b/c i knew it was going to be a fight with bmw to get her covered under warranty. But ahhh...can't wait!!
      12-05-2012, 03:54 PM   #4
andrey_gta
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 130i coupé ;)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
its is an addiction.
I don't drive the car and commute during the week, yet I'm here often just wanting to discover something new for the e82 and n52 engine.

What brand are those wheels??

"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #5
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

^They look like Forgestar F14s. OP why was BMW not interested in replacing the clutch? You're under warranty no?

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 08:10 AM   #6
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
^They look like Forgestar F14s. OP why was BMW not interested in replacing the clutch? You're under warranty no?
You are correct...forgestar f14's...I also have the cf5's in red too. BMW of sterling was trying to site abuse as the reason for the clutch failure. But pressure plates don't fail b/c of abuse, not before the clutch disc. My clutch disc looked fine and the pressure plate wasn't engaging/disengaging correctly. Had to fight them for two weeks before the regional tech looked at my car and said it wasn't abuse after looking at it for 10 minutes.
      12-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #7
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusedintntions View Post
You are correct...forgestar f14's...I also have the cf5's in red too. BMW of sterling was trying to site abuse as the reason for the clutch failure. But pressure plates don't fail b/c of abuse, not before the clutch disc. My clutch disc looked fine and the pressure plate wasn't engaging/disengaging correctly. Had to fight them for two weeks before the regional tech looked at my car and said it wasn't abuse after looking at it for 10 minutes.
I feel your pain, it took my dealership about a week to replace a blown lambda O2...they tried to tell me my DCI was messing up afrs and causing the pre-cat codes, after putting the stock box back in they were shocked to see it changed absolutely nothing....

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #8
Bmwbreed
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i

Now that's one csl style wheel I like. And go figure that they are forge stars lol and prolly cost an arm and a leg. And U have cf5s too lol. Those r what I really want in white tho. Great taste n wheels man. And I feel your pain. Haven't been able to drive my car for 3 weeks now. But at least I've never driven it so I can't miss it I guess just long for it. I'm military and it takes forever for paperwork to process to be Able to register ur car n Spain. It arrived at the dealer about a month ago and I've been trying to get all the paperwork done the last 3 weeks so I can finally pick it up. Jus waiting on the system. They take their sweet time and its so irritating. Can't wait to rack up some miles on it. It's only got 2 on it.

2013 BMW 135i Alpine white/coral red JB4 stage 2/ AFE stage 2 sealed intake box/ VRSF 3.5 inch catless dp/ Dinan exhaust/ Alpine V3 6000k HID angel eyes/ JB speed AW rear lip spoiler/ OEM mud flaps. ER charge pipe/ VRSF 7 inch FMIC forge star CF5s 19x8.5 and 19x9
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 02:15 PM   #9
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwbreed View Post
Now that's one csl style wheel I like. And go figure that they are forge stars lol and prolly cost an arm and a leg. And U have cf5s too lol. Those r what I really want in white tho. Great taste n wheels man. And I feel your pain. Haven't been able to drive my car for 3 weeks now. But at least I've never driven it so I can't miss it I guess just long for it. I'm military and it takes forever for paperwork to process to be Able to register ur car n Spain. It arrived at the dealer about a month ago and I've been trying to get all the paperwork done the last 3 weeks so I can finally pick it up. Jus waiting on the system. They take their sweet time and its so irritating. Can't wait to rack up some miles on it. It's only got 2 on it.
Nice! I grew up in Rota!! I'm super jealous you're there. Forgestars are surprisingly affordable. They f14's i got new for 1200 shipped, and the cf5's cost me 1400 shipped. My F14's are a staggered setup i use on the street, and the cf5's are a square setup i use for the track. Once you get it registered you'll love driving the awesome roads of spain. Make sure to take pictures and enjoy man, so much fun. Some of my best memories were riding on the back of my dads bike when i was kid around that country side.
      12-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #10
b1aze
Just one more taste...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i 6MT MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusedintntions View Post
Yeah i parked the car to keep miles off of her since they were building up. Been itching to take her out on a weekend, but she went kaput and I was slow to get her towed to get her fixed b/c i knew it was going to be a fight with bmw to get her covered under warranty. But ahhh...can't wait!!
What happened to it and how did you convince them to cover it?

Did they claim "abuse"?

Edit: just read a few posts up. Figured that was the case.
      12-07-2012, 03:12 AM   #11
Bmwbreed
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusedintntions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwbreed View Post
Nice! I grew up in Rota!! I'm super jealous you're there. Forgestars are surprisingly affordable. They f14's i got new for 1200 shipped, and the cf5's cost me 1400 shipped. My F14's are a staggered setup i use on the street, and the cf5's are a square setup i use for the track. Once you get it registered you'll love driving the awesome roads of spain. Make sure to take pictures and enjoy man, so much fun. Some of my best memories were riding on the back of my dads bike when i was kid around that country side.
What website did you get your cf5s from or what store did you order from. I've seen them on mod bargains for 1900 just wheels and in sonic ms they were 2100 just wheels. 1400 would be a great price but I haven't seen them that cheap at all. And ya I think I'm going to like rota once I get settled. I know how u feel missing this place. I grew up in Europe as well with my father being military but I was in Germany. Even graduated higjschool there. I miss that place so much. I could go bak an liv there for good an jus visit the states ocationally. U really do become accustom to life over here when u hav been so long. But ill b sure to post pics when I pick it up and also hit me back and let me know where you ordered your cf5s

2013 BMW 135i Alpine white/coral red JB4 stage 2/ AFE stage 2 sealed intake box/ VRSF 3.5 inch catless dp/ Dinan exhaust/ Alpine V3 6000k HID angel eyes/ JB speed AW rear lip spoiler/ OEM mud flaps. ER charge pipe/ VRSF 7 inch FMIC forge star CF5s 19x8.5 and 19x9
Appreciate 0