06-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #375
1mmaniac
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1m

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mmaniac View Post
Hi, guys!

Yes I'll be joining the Stelvio trip to!

I've already pm-ed with some of you guys but this pm system is not easy to use for group convo's so I'll just post it up here.

Since I'm new to the community (actually still not even a part of the community since my car will arive by the end of the month) I proposed a small meet&greet. eeghie proposed the harbour/island location to get some nice photo's and grab an easy drink!

Anybody interested?

Schedule: beginning of July, the 12th maybe?

Regards, Sjors
Just to clarify: the 12th is a Friday; so i was thinking about an evening meet around 20:00 hr. I forgot to mention that I'll edit my previous post.

btw ruf (or is it raf?) is also joining

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1560 View Post
ok for the 12th,
when; preferably evening, 20hrs
where: why not "cinquantenaire square" Brussels
easy to find/access

(did some donuts with my 3wheeler over there)

can't make it to the Stelvio, sadly

just sold my Akra (new house in "residential area")
miss the "popping" of the exhaust but noize is a lot easier on the neighbours babies
Sorry, Brussels is a bit out of the way for me. So far most of us are in the area of Antwerp if i remember correctly.

Sjors
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #376
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1560 View Post
ok for the 12th,
when; preferably evening, 20hrs
where: why not "cinquantenaire square" Brussels
easy to find/access

(did some donuts with my 3wheeler over there)

can't make it to the Stelvio, sadly

just sold my Akra (new house in "residential area")
miss the "popping" of the exhaust but noize is a lot easier on the neighbours babies
We had been thinking of the Antwerp area; my suggestion would be the crossing Amsterdamse straat and rijnkaai (on google maps also indicated as Barcelona point). Fridays that should allow for donuts or other food en drinks nearby!?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #377
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Sold for a reptile

Sjors, 1560 and Artemis are from the Brussels area...I believe.

For me all's good i'm an "inbetween"
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 04:10 PM   #378
1mmaniac
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post
We had been thinking of the Antwerp area; my suggestion would be the crossing Amsterdamse straat and rijnkaai (on google maps also indicated as Barcelona point). Fridays that should allow for donuts or other food en drinks nearby!?
http://maps.google.nl/maps?q=De+Kaai...C3%AB&t=m&z=17

There is a small cafe nearby, but i'm not familiar with the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs/e60/1m? View Post
Sjors, 1560 and Artemis are from the Brussels area...I believe.

For me all's good i'm an "inbetween"
Sorry my bad.

I prefer Antwerp, I'm coming from the north (hint: I have to cross borders ) and already have to drive 40min to Antwerp.

Sjors
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 04:59 PM   #379
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Antwerp area is fine for me too. Though cannot confirm yet (abroad one of the forthcoming weekends before leaving for the Stelvio 2.0 Treffen).

Just wondering: don't you prefer Sat 13/07 or Sun 14/07 in broad daylight to shine the colors, instead of a (busy) Friday evening ?

The picture below was taken last March at this location (Rijnkaai):
http://maps.google.nl/maps?q=De+Kaai...277.14,,0,1.54

06-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #380
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Antwerp area is fine for me too. Though cannot confirm yet (abroad one of the forthcoming weekends before leaving for the Stelvio 2.0 Treffen).

Just wondering: don't you prefer Sat 13/07 or Sun 14/07 in broad daylight to shine the colors, instead of a (busy) Friday evening ?

Yep, that's what I had in mind. I'm quite familiar with the area and can provide guidance, once we're on foot.

Saturday or Sunday are fine for me too. Certainly prefer seeing the VO's in sunshine Sincerly looking forward to any Akra's, BBS CHR, KW DDC and performance seats showing up!

If anyone's interested, I could bring the friendly neighborhood coding tools.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #381
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
You can have the digital speedo coded to work on most any late model BMW.
You can also have the coder, code the digital speedo to read actual vehicle speed or the "buffered" value that the speedo cluster sees/displays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
If you have a cable and NCSExpert it is not hard. I have it working on my 128i convertible. The changes are in the CAS module where you need to set BC_DIGITAL_V to "activ" instead of "nicht_activ". I also highly recommend changing BC_DIGITAL_V_KORREKTUR to remove the silly 5% speedometer error. You can't do that any way I know of for the main speedometer but I removed it from the digital. It is never more than 1 mph different than my GPS.
Once you make these changes, the digital speedometer is just one of the options you can scroll through where you have instantaneous or average mpg and several other things. There is no real downside to the change but you could reverse it if you ever wanted to.
Would be nice if the digital speedometer (onboard computer) would indicate the real speed (actual vehicle speed), thus without 5% correction. It's like a watch: I prefer it to precisely indicate the time in order to have an accurate point of reference.
      06-19-2013, 07:15 AM   #382
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep

Quote:
Would be nice if the digital speedometer (onboard computer) would indicate the real speed (actual vehicle speed), thus without 5% correction. It's like a watch: I prefer it to precisely indicate the time in order to have an accurate point of reference.
So that's how the VO boys claim the fastest color!

Consider it done; particularly quick since you know what you want and have done your homework (ie know what parameters in what modules exactly you want to have changed).

Optionally: bring a USB stick. During the process, before anything is changed, the original trace file (an ascii text file) is read from the module(s) and you'd be able to save the original factory settings for later reference. Or to search for more stuff to adapt to your liking.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #383
Alino
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep
Drives: VO BMW 1M

Hi Guys

sounds great to me. I'm from Antwerp and know my way around the port a bit. We can meet at "Rijnkaai" and have a drink at Bocadero perhaps? Big parking but terrible surface.
I might know some pretty places to shoot some group photos but yet again, there are some terrible roads at the port. There are a few dead end roads next to the "scheldelaan". In the weekend it is a very calm two lane road. Ideal to take some slow-shutter shots with a nice motion-blurred background

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=791289

these photos were taken no too far from Kinepolis.

And off course, if it is rainy and you want to burn some rubber, on the other side of the Scheldt, there are some pretty nice roundabouts near Melsele

I'll bring my camera and tripod :-)

Hope to see you guys soon.
      06-19-2013, 01:39 PM   #384
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Sold for a reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alino View Post
Hi Guys

sounds great to me. I'm from Antwerp and know my way around the port a bit. We can meet at "Rijnkaai" and have a drink at Bocadero perhaps? Big parking but terrible surface.
I might know some pretty places to shoot some group photos but yet again, there are some terrible roads at the port. There are a few dead end roads next to the "scheldelaan". In the weekend it is a very calm two lane road. Ideal to take some slow-shutter shots with a nice motion-blurred background

And off course, if it is rainy and you want to burn some rubber, on the other side of the Scheldt, there are some pretty nice roundabouts near Melsele

Great Alino

Could this be the first, and hopefully succesfull, attempt to organize a 1M meet in Belgium? Lets hope so.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 03:45 PM   #385
Alino
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep

Lets hope so. I would love to see as many 1M's as possible on one place.
Should be great fun
      06-19-2013, 04:46 PM   #386
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
I might know some pretty places to shoot some group photos but yet again, there are some terrible roads at the port. There are a few dead end roads next to the "scheldelaan".
All the pictures (referenced) in this thread were taken in the Antwerp port and Doel area:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...29&postcount=1
      06-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #387
1mmaniac
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Yep, that's what I had in mind. I'm quite familiar with the area and can provide guidance, once we're on foot.

Saturday or Sunday are fine for me too. Certainly prefer seeing the VO's in sunshine Sincerly looking forward to any Akra's, BBS CHR, KW DDC and performance seats showing up!

Yep sounds a lot better on Saturday; but I thought that would be harder for everyone to make it... Sat is fine for me

Quote:
Hi Guys

Great! I'm terrible with a cam myself.

In short;
Meet&Greet
13th of July @ 13:00 hrs ???
Antwerp - Rijnkanaal region

Hope this suits even more people
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 02:50 AM   #388
Mpro
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep
Drives: AW 1M & other BMW's

Quote:
Yep sounds a lot better on Saturday; but I thought that would be harder for everyone to make it... Sat is fine for me

Great! I'm terrible with a cam myself.

In short;
Meet&Greet
13th of July @ 13:00 hrs ???
Antwerp - Rijnkanaal region

Hope this suits even more people

I would love to witness the first 1M meet!
But I can't make it on saturday (last day at work before the holidays..)
No chance we can plan this on sunday 14/7?
That would make an excellent start of my holidays!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #389
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep

Besides Belgium 1M topics, I made a judgement call to tolerate anything particularly Dutch!? (rather than starting a possibly meager separate thread)

Sjors, as you a registering your car around now in the lowlands, you must be importing it!? Care to share where you found it, Intra-EU or ... . Any particular reason to import over local offers and if you have any import experiences others can benefit from, or should avoid.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #390
1mmaniac
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Besides Belgium 1M topics, I made a judgement call to tolerate anything particularly Dutch!? (rather than starting a possibly meager separate thread)
Sorry i don't understand what you mean by this. What 'Dutch' is offending you? The language? Or did I offend you perhaps ? My apologies otherwise as I had no intention at all nor am I aware of what I did

Quote:
Sjors, as you a registering your car around now in the lowlands, you must be importing it!? Care to share where you found it, Intra-EU or ... . Any particular reason to import over local offers and if you have any import experiences others can benefit from, or should avoid.
Yep, it was imported this week. All went well, no remarks. I did not import it myself but the dealer did. This was a rather unusual situation as dealers normally don't import and if they really want to import something they will never do on the dealerships name but on a secondary company name (as I've been told by my own dealer [different BMW dealer then where I bought the 1M])

This car was originally delivered by this particularly dealer to a customer who moved abroad. Some time later he decided to come back and traded it in for another car. So it was on Spanish plates and is now back again. At first I thought of it as a 'so-so' story but on the test drive I even found some typical Spanish leaves under the hood Also the vin check on bmwarchive.de showed it's an original

Sjors
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #391
Alino
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep

I prefer a saturday but sunday is OK. Once we've decided on the date, I'll put it on my calendar. I don't want to miss the first meeting in Belgium :-)
      06-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #392
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep

Quote:
Sorry i don't understand what you mean by this. What 'Dutch' is offending you? The language? Or did I offend you perhaps ? My apologies otherwise as I had no intention at all nor am I aware of what I did ... Sjors
Nothing like that, simply suggesting to post any dutch 1M stuff in here as well!

Glad it worked out, both or cars have racked up some airmiles
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 05:09 PM   #393
1mmaniac
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Nothing like that, simply suggesting to post any dutch 1M stuff in here as well!

Glad it worked out, both or cars have racked up some airmiles
Ok, yes I'll keep posting in here

Actually... no air miles at all It was driven to Spain... and back. If I look at the mileage it's got then that's pretty much all it's ever been driven (plus a few times grocery shopping i think )

Sjors
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 05:49 AM   #394
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpro View Post
I would love to witness the first 1M meet!
But I can't make it on saturday (last day at work before the holidays..)
No chance we can plan this on sunday 14/7?
That would make an excellent start of my holidays!!!
Sunday 14/07 at 13h00 in the Antwerp area suits most, I think.

(click on the "X" icon in the upper corner on the right hand side of the Google Street View picture to see the map)

What do you think, guys ?

P.S.: Mpro, would be great if you could join, because you got an AW 1M; by joining we manage to get all four 1M colors together: AW, BSM, VO ...and Avery Intense Blue Gloss (http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=784074) !

Last edited by Artemis; 06-22-2013 at 06:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 06:12 AM   #395
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep

Quote:
Sunday 14/7 at 13h00 in the Antwerp area suits most, I think ... What do you think, guys ?
Great!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 06:20 AM   #396
Mpro
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep
Drives: AW 1M & other BMW's

Quote:
Great!
You can count me in: