BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-07-2009, 06:05 AM   #23
coolingmist
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135I 2006 Lotus Elise

Any questions? feel free to call us at 888-MORE-HPW or visit us at www.coolingmist.com or post to this thread!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 12:27 PM   #24
cdub
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

A couple of quick questions:

Being an owner of a 1994 RX7 I am very aware of the benefits of water/meth injection, but I still don't know very much other than in the 3rd gen RX7 it helps eliminate heat which is a major cause of failure in those engines.

I am very interested in adding water/meth kits to both my 135i and RX7.

1)If you install a water/meth kit do you need a custom tune to take advantage of the full benefits of water/meth injection?

2) What are the benefits of running a water/meth kit on a stock car.

3) What percentage water/meth are you running? And why did you choose that combo?

4) What failsafes does your kit have? For example what happens if there is a clogged line, or pump failure, or running out of water/meth.

Thanks for your time
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 12:55 PM   #25
coolingmist
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub View Post
A couple of quick questions:

Being an owner of a 1994 RX7 I am very aware of the benefits of water/meth injection, but I still don't know very much other than in the 3rd gen RX7 it helps eliminate heat which is a major cause of failure in those engines.

I am very interested in adding water/meth kits to both my 135i and RX7.

1)If you install a water/meth kit do you need a custom tune to take advantage of the full benefits of water/meth injection?
I will try my best to help. I had my 94 Rx7 for almost 8 years so I have some experience with it .

A custom tune will get you the most power gains, however most vehicles will make some gains even without a tune. This is typically due to the higher efficiency and timing advance that you get from colder temps.
Quote:

2) What are the benefits of running a water/meth kit on a stock car.
On your Rx-7 it will make it safer and as you know even a stock car has detonation problems. Small power gains are possible as well.

Quote:
3) What percentage water/meth are you running? And why did you choose that combo?
I run a 50/50 mix. I believe in the detonation protection of water as well as the cooling and the higher octain and cooling of the alcohol/meth.

Quote:

4) What failsafes does your kit have? For example what happens if there is a clogged line, or pump failure, or running out of water/meth.

Thanks for your time

our kit with the failsafe is below. It has a flow sensor and can disable your boost controller, manipulate your wastegate solenoid or do other failsafe actions if you run out of fluid, etc.

http://www.coolingmist.com/detailmai...pid=cmgsstage3

if you have a custom tune you should consider such a kit. If your vehicle does not rely on the water injection you dont need a failsafe.

if you need more details let me know.

David
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 12:05 PM   #26
coolingmist
Lieutenant
Rep

Let us know if you guys have any questions. If your looking for a meth injection kit we have some really cool products.

Most of us want a boost gauge, a water/meth injection controller, possibily a flow gauge.....what if we had a unit that is all in one? Our CMGS gauge is a full progressive controller..a boost gauge and is a flow gauge (with our optional flow sensor).

For those of you that dont want to mount a gauge, there is our VC2. The VC (Vari-Cool II) are the square units on top. If you have a current water/meth system with either a boost switch or a competitors controller you can replace with ours. Lets say you have a boost gauge and a progressive controller from another company. You can replace both with this one unit. Lets say you like your boost gauge alot...you can configure ours to display the pump dutycycle so you know exactly what % the motor is running at. You cant lose! Its a very configurable system. Its compatable with every kit sold from any US based manufacturer (if you want to replace your current controller). For those that dont have a kit we sell the kits on our website at www.coolingmist.com.

Here are some pics.

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 06:27 AM   #27
coolingmist
Lieutenant
Rep

bump! www.coolingmist.com
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 03:17 PM   #28
coolingmist
Lieutenant
Rep

Bump!! feel free to check out our products or call us!

CM
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2009, 01:41 PM   #29
coolingmist
Lieutenant
Rep

bump!

let us know what questions you guys have.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2009, 04:23 PM   #30
coolingmist
Lieutenant
Rep

visit us online at www.coolingmist.com or call 888-more-hpw for the best in meth injection.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 05:38 PM   #31
coolingmist
Lieutenant
Rep

visit our website or call us! 888-MORE-HPW

Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 06:10 PM   #32
coolingmist
Lieutenant
Rep

bump!!!!

check us out at www.coolingmist.com.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 09:49 PM   #33
coolingmist
Lieutenant
Rep

check us out at www.coolingmist.com
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2009, 02:55 PM   #34
coolingmist
Lieutenant
Rep

bump! www.coolingmist.com
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2009, 01:47 PM   #35
coolingmist
Lieutenant
Rep

We really appreciate the support we have received from this forum. We are in the process of making some great enhancements to our systems. Some of these enhancements are now realized and I would like to discuss some of them with you.

1) SUPER HIGH PRESSURE NYLON HOSE (SEMI CLEAR)

The first thing I would like to talk about is our new Super High Pressure Nylon Hose. All of our high pressure systems will now ship with this hose. This has a higher temperature and higher pressure rating than our previous hose, it is more difficult to kink as well. The best part of the hose besides its superior strength is the fact that its semi-clear. You will be able to see the fluid in the line for trouble shooting. Our 150 psi kits will continue to receive the standard pressure black hose.

2) CMGS FLOW SENSOR + WATERFILTER + LOW LEVEL SWITCH
if you order a flow sensor at the same time as your CMGS KIT or Gauge you will get a free water filter and low level fluid switch.

3) New CMGS Enhancements The CMGS (Coolingmist Gauge System) has been brought to a new level.

We have been working hard over the last few months on a few things around here. One of those things is some enhancements to our CMGS. The CMGS is our best selling controller we have ever designed but that did not stop us from making it even better.

LIST OF CHANGES:

CNC Billet Military Grade Anodized Enclosure and Bezel.
replace the previous plastic Enclosure. These are absolutely beautiful. See the picture below to see yourself.

New bezel color choices.
The bezel choices are Black, Aluminum and gunmetal.

Removeable bezel.
This allows us to be able to service the unit easier, but also the customer can customize the face plate (new face plates in various colors/designs are coming soon). Face plates will be sold seperately at a very nice price so customers can order at any time if they wish to change it.

Smaller wires.
the 12 and 14 gauge wires are replaced with 16 gauge wires.

Smaller fuse.
The fuse was replaced with a micro fuse, so its much smaller and makes installation more simple.

Images of Bezel Choices:

Comparison images

NEW CMGS FROM BACK

CMGS IMAGES
These pictures show various images of the CMGS and enclosure. Notice the bottom 2 pics they show the Billet CNC Aluminum enclosure prior to the military grade anodization. The one on the right bottom shows it after the anodization. Also note the 3rd row bezel on the left shows a blue bezel. We decided not to produce the blue one for production however.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2009, 04:05 PM   #36
2fast4utoo!
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

I remember reading somewhere that this gauge was able to display intake temperature but at this moment was not accurate will an accurate reading be availble with this new version ? Or will it be contemplated in a future version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolingmist View Post
We really appreciate the support we have received from this forum. We are in the process of making some great enhancements to our systems. Some of these enhancements are now realized and I would like to discuss some of them with you.

1) SUPER HIGH PRESSURE NYLON HOSE (SEMI CLEAR)

The first thing I would like to talk about is our new Super High Pressure Nylon Hose. All of our high pressure systems will now ship with this hose. This has a higher temperature and higher pressure rating than our previous hose, it is more difficult to kink as well. The best part of the hose besides its superior strength is the fact that its semi-clear. You will be able to see the fluid in the line for trouble shooting. Our 150 psi kits will continue to receive the standard pressure black hose.

2) CMGS FLOW SENSOR + WATERFILTER + LOW LEVEL SWITCH
if you order a flow sensor at the same time as your CMGS KIT or Gauge you will get a free water filter and low level fluid switch.

3) New CMGS Enhancements The CMGS (Coolingmist Gauge System) has been brought to a new level.

We have been working hard over the last few months on a few things around here. One of those things is some enhancements to our CMGS. The CMGS is our best selling controller we have ever designed but that did not stop us from making it even better.

LIST OF CHANGES:

CNC Billet Military Grade Anodized Enclosure and Bezel.
replace the previous plastic Enclosure. These are absolutely beautiful. See the picture below to see yourself.

New bezel color choices.
The bezel choices are Black, Aluminum and gunmetal.

Removeable bezel.
This allows us to be able to service the unit easier, but also the customer can customize the face plate (new face plates in various colors/designs are coming soon). Face plates will be sold seperately at a very nice price so customers can order at any time if they wish to change it.

Smaller wires.
the 12 and 14 gauge wires are replaced with 16 gauge wires.

Smaller fuse.
The fuse was replaced with a micro fuse, so its much smaller and makes installation more simple.

Images of Bezel Choices:

Comparison images

NEW CMGS FROM BACK

CMGS IMAGES
These pictures show various images of the CMGS and enclosure. Notice the bottom 2 pics they show the Billet CNC Aluminum enclosure prior to the military grade anodization. The one on the right bottom shows it after the anodization. Also note the 3rd row bezel on the left shows a blue bezel. We decided not to produce the blue one for production however.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2009, 10:37 PM   #37
coolingmist
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4utoo! View Post
I remember reading somewhere that this gauge was able to display intake temperature but at this moment was not accurate will an accurate reading be availble with this new version ? Or will it be contemplated in a future version?

I will have to flash the unit with a new flash, so if you desire this PM us or email or call us to place the order. The new flash will be avail for production use in about a year. Those that want to order one now, I can reflash one of the units on the shelf.

CM
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2009, 11:13 PM   #38
hbwav2002
Go Chiefs
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 135i

What exactly does this do for hp, i've heard alot people talk about meth systems but i dont know anything about them
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 11:50 AM   #39
2fast4utoo!
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

This will help you, follow the link:

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4007
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 12:59 PM   #40
coolingmist
Lieutenant
Rep

The water/meth injection cools your combustion temps and raises octane. This leads to more power and a safer tune.

David
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 10:35 PM   #41
frimmelnojerz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego blue 135i

the minute someone can figure out how to make this work in the engine bay ala using the windscreen wiper reservoir for the meth/water then i am down. but this is my dd and theres no way in hell i'm sacrificing trunk space in an already clown-esque car.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 04:50 PM   #42
coolingmist
Lieutenant
Rep

let us know if you guys have more questions.

CM
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 07:12 PM   #43
coolingmist
Lieutenant
Rep

Our new CMGS-FS BMW kit has been released. Its specific to your vehicle and has great install instructions all of the fittings/wire/hose/connectors and so forth that you need for your install.

This system does the following:

1) Variable Control Injection based on Boost. Instructions on how to set up the injection are included.

2) Turbine Flow Sensor failsafe. You set the flow window low and high, the injection threshold (for example the boost, maf or dutycyle threshold) and set the failsafe wire to Normally Open (its normally closed by default). If you dont need to use teh failsafe, you can atleast know whats going on!

3) All in one CMGS. CMGS will display boost, display flow, progressively inject and failsafe. You will see all the boost/flow/status of failsafe at a glance. The flow displays on the 10 bars across the top. By default each bar is 50 CC/M. You can change the default to 100 CC/M or 200 CC/M for higher flow applications.

DIAGRAM:

FEATURES:

1) SIMPLE. The simple nature of the CMGS makes it easy to install compared to our competitors. Due to the fact the CMGS failsafe output wire can be made normally closed or normally open you dont need a relay which makes the failsafe wiring a piece of cake. You can save alot of money by installing our kit yourself.

2) CLEAN. The fact that the CMGS is a boost gauge and allows you to remove your boost gauge and run this in place of it makes the intall easy and clean.

3) AFFORDABLE. Designed to be simple and affordable. Lets look at it this way. With some other systems on the market you have to decide if you want a MAF based kit or a boost based kit, (ours can do either or both) then you need to buy the failsafe, then you need to buy the flow gauge if you want to monitor. You likely have a boost gauge in your car or need one. This single unit is all in one. It makes it easy to mount, easy to install and simple.

Here is the setup guide. I think this is one of the most complete setup guides out there and makes this a true 135I/335I specific kit.

CMGS SETUP GUIDE RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS

Here is a link to the product:

Coolingmist CMGS 135 I 335 I methanol injection kit

In addition to tripping your failsafe the CMGS will display error codes on the screen.

"000" your fluid is low in the tank.
"001" your flow is lower than your low threshold.
"002" your flow is higher than the high threshold.
"003" you are flowing when you should not be. This will not trip the failsafe, but it will alert you that your flowing and should not be. you will only see this if you mis wire the system or accidently ground the pump or do something to cause the pump to turn on when it should not.

Any questions about this product, how it works or what ever let us know.

CM
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 06:36 AM   #44
coolingmist
Lieutenant
Rep

PM, visit at www.coolingmist.com or call 888-more-hpw. We have a 135 I so we can answer any install questions with certainty!

CM
Appreciate 0