BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-04-2015, 08:28 AM   #1
The1M
Registered
Jersey
Rep
Drives: BMW E81 123D & BMW 1M

Car Dropped BHP after turbo upgrade

RE: BMW 120D E87

Hi My Turbo was leaking oil so I have upgraded it to a hybrid, I sent it to a garage to get it fitted and they have called me back saying that the car has lost power when they did the dyno run. the car has not yet been mapped for the new turbo so it will be taking more air than the car is programed to. they said that the car still has power but only giving out 110BHP, standard it is 177bhp!!
they said that it could be the mass air flow meter??? would like to get peoples opinion please. I would of thought that they have to plug it in and tell the car about the change of turbo to hybrid as it takes more air in and possible petrol ain't matching it now so losing power.

OPINION PLEASE!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2015, 01:06 PM   #2
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

Are you kidding? You NEED a tune (remap). And find a new shop, I don't even want to think about the idiots that would swap turbos and do a dyno run without any tuning whatsoever.

I assume you're in the UK, which presents another problem--tons of really, really crappy remaps available there. You get what you pay for.
Appreciate 0