BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-13-2018, 05:36 PM   #23
Gangplank
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e82 135i n55 Sport w/ DCT

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
The dealer should put you back in the same position you were if they had not damaged the car. So new cover & what else? If there is no car fax report or diminished value, what else do they owe you?
      06-13-2018, 05:42 PM   #24
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
Bottom line is that if you see your life through your possessions, and intermingle your possessions with your sense of self worth, than it is easy to go off the rails about something like what has happened to the original poster.
You brag about your stable of cars, your trips to France, the restaurants you own, your house in the city, etc. There seems to be a disconnect here between your advice and how you frequently portray your life. Very hypocritical in my opinion. The OP is venting exactly where he should be, on a car forum. He shouldn't be condescended to.
Matticus913474.50
low1352210.50
      06-13-2018, 05:52 PM   #25
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
1999 Lexus LS400  [0.00]
1985 BMW 325e  [0.00]
Quote:
I'm sad about this older guy's leukemia, and feel terrible for Artemis. But people who dwell about bumper cover damage in a dealership that the dealer has agreed to fix, because maybe they won't get their ceramic coating put back on, obviously some people have yet to experience what life is really like and there is nothing that I can do on a forum post to show them.
Ah yes, I get it now. You're the arbiter of human experience and suffering for the 1Addicts forum.

2012 BMW 135i Space Grey Metallic M-Sport DCT Dinan S2
Appreciate 2
Matticus913474.50
low1352210.50
      06-13-2018, 06:36 PM   #26
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matticus91 View Post
champignon, tock172 isn't drawing any conclusions. You act like this frequently, which is why I didn't have much patience from the start when I read your post.
Then don't read them and save us both the aggravation?
      06-13-2018, 06:49 PM   #27
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
You brag about your stable of cars, your trips to France, the restaurants you own, your house in the city, etc. There seems to be a disconnect here between your advice and how you frequently portray your life. Very hypocritical in my opinion. The OP is venting exactly where he should be, on a car forum. He shouldn't be condescended to.
My stable of cars isn't worth bragging about; it's a bunch of used cars that I bought for no particular reason, and the sum total value of all of them wouldn't buy more than one car that would impress very many people.

My house in the city is probably worth less than one half of what your house is worth, given what city it is in and what city you are in. That is, unless you live in a trailer. Plus, I share "ownership" of it with a business partner and net I own about 11% of it at this point, the rest belonging to my business partner and to a bank.

As to condescension, let's look at what the OP told us:

(1) He's not a regular customer of the dealership, rather he goes to an independent shop normally, presumably to save money, but he chose to go to the dealer for this issue for reasons of personal convenience;

(2) His car is modified/lowered, e.g. not stock, and the modification done to the car seems on the surface at least to be WHY the car was damaged;

(3) The OP then posts his misfortune on a public forum, mentioning the name of the dealership, and telling basically all the world what happened from his viewpoint. He then proceeds to huff and puff about how he has probably been wronged by this horrible dealer, in the process further damaging the reputation of this dealer.

(4) The OP doesn't indicate whether he has tried to discuss this with the dealer in terms of his own personal concerns, instead he goes to a public internet forum to gain assurance and perhaps ammunition, to go back to this dealer to do (god knows what) make threats, further damage the reputation of the dealer, whatever.

(5) Some forum participants than do academy award deserving lemming imitations.

Enjoy this thread, I've read enough of it.
      06-13-2018, 07:00 PM   #28
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My stable of cars isn't worth bragging about; it's a bunch of used cars that I bought for no particular reason, and the sum total value of all of them wouldn't buy more than one car that would impress very many people.

My house in the city is probably worth less than one half of what your house is worth, given what city it is in and what city you are in. That is, unless you live in a trailer. Plus, I share "ownership" of it with a business partner and net I own about 11% of it at this point, the rest belonging to my business partner and to a bank.

As to condescension, let's look at what the OP told us:

(1) He's not a regular customer of the dealership, rather he goes to an independent shop normally, presumably to save money, but he chose to go to the dealer for this issue for reasons of personal convenience;

(2) His car is modified/lowered, e.g. not stock, and the modification done to the car seems on the surface at least to be WHY the car was damaged;

(3) The OP then posts his misfortune on a public forum, mentioning the name of the dealership, and telling basically all the world what happened from his viewpoint. He then proceeds to huff and puff about how he has probably been wronged by this horrible dealer, in the process further damaging the reputation of this dealer.

(4) The OP doesn't indicate whether he has tried to discuss this with the dealer in terms of his own personal concerns, instead he goes to a public internet forum to gain assurance and perhaps ammunition, to go back to this dealer to do (god knows what) make threats, further damage the reputation of the dealer, whatever.

(5) Some forum participants than do academy award deserving lemming imitations.

Attached Images

06-13-2018, 07:25 PM   #29
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
1999 Lexus LS400  [0.00]
1985 BMW 325e  [0.00]
champignon, your recidivism is vexing to quite a few of us here, and when you're called on it, you spew the false equivalency of suggesting people shrug off a bumper repair (resulting from damage which wasn't their fault) because it's not as bad as a life changing illness or accident. Check your premises--they're out of alignment.

2012 BMW 135i Space Grey Metallic M-Sport DCT Dinan S2
Appreciate 1
low1352210.50
      06-13-2018, 09:50 PM   #30
JimVonBaden
BMW Cool Aide!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i Convertible

It is a 2010, an 8 year old car. A replacement bumper cover is not going to significantly adversely affect the value of your car if they repair it right.
      06-14-2018, 01:42 PM   #31
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Best news!
      06-18-2018, 11:47 AM   #32
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Was wondering if there's anything new on this, OP?
      06-18-2018, 12:16 PM   #33
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

Quote:
My stable of cars isn't worth bragging about;
Ladies and gentlemen, witness the classic humble-brag.
Appreciate 1
Matticus913474.50
      06-18-2018, 12:26 PM   #34
low135
Banned
Rep
Drives: E88 135i

How to handle this situation

Appreciate 3
Esteban43592.00
Matticus913474.50
      06-21-2018, 08:53 PM   #35
omgshinoda
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 135i, '13 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Was wondering if there's anything new on this, OP?
Update.

1. I'm a regular in this dealership. I have purchased 2 new BMWs and 1 CPO from this dealership, and i have routinely have taken my cars here for service.

2. This dealer is one of very few in the area that is "mod" friendly. As long as the item at question being warrantied is not affected by the modification, they do not care.

3. Though not personally, but my family and extended family's go to dealership is this one. We are all somewhat BMWs fanboys.

4. It has been 15 days since the car was initially dropped off.

5. Dealer resolution was bumper of my choice, full deal of the car, paint protection film on the new bumper. And free tint coupon for another car.

6. I don't get the hate honestly. If someone takes good care of their vehicle, its their choice, however, financially illogical. And if said vehicle was damaged when given to trusted shop/dealer, I'm sure everyone here will be at least upset, and hope it get resolved.

7. And no, I was not looking for a payday. In my original post, I believe i have said some sort of compensation. And after a meeting with my go to SA and manager for Service/part, that was the "compensation" i was given. And I'm satisfied, just that upset at the fact this happened in the first place.
Appreciate 3
Esteban43592.00
low1352210.50
      06-21-2018, 09:39 PM   #36
chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgshinoda View Post
Update.

1. I'm a regular in this dealership. I have purchased 2 new BMWs and 1 CPO from this dealership, and i have routinely have taken my cars here for service.

2. This dealer is one of very few in the area that is "mod" friendly. As long as the item at question being warrantied is not affected by the modification, they do not care.

3. Though not personally, but my family and extended family's go to dealership is this one. We are all somewhat BMWs fanboys.

4. It has been 15 days since the car was initially dropped off.

5. Dealer resolution was bumper of my choice, full deal of the car, paint protection film on the new bumper. And free tint coupon for another car.

6. I don't get the hate honestly. If someone takes good care of their vehicle, its their choice, however, financially illogical. And if said vehicle was damaged when given to trusted shop/dealer, I'm sure everyone here will be at least upset, and hope it get resolved.

7. And no, I was not looking for a payday. In my original post, I believe i have said some sort of compensation. And after a meeting with my go to SA and manager for Service/part, that was the "compensation" i was given. And I'm satisfied, just that upset at the fact this happened in the first place.
It's good that the service center fixed their mistake, and it's better that you're satisfied. Things like this happen, probably pretty regularly especially with a brand that makes low cars