BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-19-2010, 10:43 AM   #1
Marvelousone
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Help with CF Wrapped Ashtray Lid

Hey Folks,

This weekend I wrapped the components for the trim with some CF, and everything is fine and dandy except I just cant get the Ashtray lid back on the piece that slides back and forth.

I cant figure it out, the CF seems fairly flat, and one side of the front clip does sit very snug, but the other side just wont go flat and has an excessive gap. As well, the back clips dont clip nicely.

I will try to post pics tonight, but if anyone else ran into issues doing this, or has a tip, it would be appreciated.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 11:31 AM   #2
Smac355
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

i had a PITA time with this as well... i just finagled w/ it for a while eventually i got it to snap in... it's still not 100% though... i dont really use the ash tray so i just left it as is.
Black Sapphire Metallic 135i/Coral Leather Interior/ Gloss Black Grills/20% tint/M door sills/Black 135i badge, smoked LED side marker, Dinan stage II , DINAN Exhaust, performance side skirts, performance shift boot/e-brake, pedals, carbon fiber wrapped interior
Appreciate 0