BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-19-2011, 10:35 AM   #23
AW128i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 N51

The cover has a small gap in my car, too and as far as I know, the windshield's never been replaced. In fact, when I replaced the rearview mirror, I tried to ge the cover to sit flush with the windshield (because I figured that's the way it should've been) but it was impossible to do so. The two halves of the cover would only interlock when they were slightly spaced out from the windshield, like the OP's pick reflects.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 11:17 AM   #24
adobeee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X6 M50i

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW128i View Post
The cover has a small gap in my car, too and as far as I know, the windshield's never been replaced. In fact, when I replaced the rearview mirror, I tried to ge the cover to sit flush with the windshield (because I figured that's the way it should've been) but it was impossible to do so. The two halves of the cover would only interlock when they were slightly spaced out from the windshield, like the OP's pick reflects.
Thanks buddy! This relieves me. I haven't actually had the chance to test out the rain sensor yet....since it never rains in Palo Alto during summer and fall.

I just got the car in July.
Appreciate 0