Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: f25 X3 AW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneGearAhead View Post
Welp it's looks like my goal of ever owning a 1M is going down the drain. :
LOL. i came to that conclusion a while back. haha good luck though in your search .
      04-09-2014, 04:57 AM   #68
paddy335
Major
Rep
Drives: M140i;X5 40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneGearAhead View Post
Welp it's looks like my goal of ever owning a 1M is going down the drain. :
Come and pay us a visit down here, they are about 20% down on new price.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 07:08 AM   #69
RPChan
BMW for Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e93 M3 HT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy
Just wait till the M2 drops. If it's as good as everyone hopes then it should help drop the price of the 1M some.
There is no reason to think that the introduction of the M2 will have a downward effect on the prices of the 1M. Only the 1M is a one year only limited production model. The M2 will likely be made for years to come. Last limited production car I can recall from BMW is the 03 Alpina Z8. There were around 400 of those (out of 555) that made it to the US. 740 1M's made it. Both will be harder and more expensive to obtain as time goes on.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 10:54 AM   #70
Acidblast
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VO 1 Series M Coupé

link to the article http://www.autoblog.com/2014/04/06/2...ce-investment/ ... for the records
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #71
discoboy1
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82 1M VO/F30 328D

Once most of the 1M s find their permanent homes, and become a rarity in classifieds, the values will hold up very well, no doubt about it.
      04-09-2014, 02:35 PM   #72
Amnizu
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 502 of 740

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoboy1 View Post
Once most of the 1M s find their permanent homes, and become a rarity in classifieds, the values will hold up very well, no doubt about it.
This is a rare case with prices are driven by scarcity of supply not by the demand side of the curve. There are already many brand new similar cost alternatives to the 1M, but prices have not fallen which suggests demand is probably inelastic.

Simply put, as long as the perceived value to current owners is higher than market rate price will remain high because supply will continue to be below demand.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 09:50 PM   #73
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

stop. just stop. lol
      04-09-2014, 09:55 PM   #74
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

I'm quite very certain, when M4 is on sale .. like delivered status world wide already,

there will be quite a lot on sale ..
      04-09-2014, 10:31 PM   #75
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

I see the 1M prices falling in the next few years. I get it is a good car. But honestly how special is it, besides the fact only 740 cars were brought to the US. It is a N54 powered car with some parts borrowed from the E9x M3.

Rarity is nothing compared to something like the Lightweight E36 M3. I think only 85 made it over to the US.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 12:04 AM   #76
DOCTOR 3VIL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3/E92 M3

Ugly fast car, is ugly! Doubt it'll as desirable once the M2 comes out.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 06:20 AM   #77
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOCTOR 3VIL View Post
Sour grapes.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 06:31 AM   #78
STARSKI
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 VO BMW 1M, '09 JrzB BMW M3

So many haters lol. It's one of those cars you either get or don't. Once I drove this car, I knew that it was something special. Sometimes things are more special than just the sum of their parts. Everything just kinda comes together and you get that ahhhhhh moment when you drive it. That's rare. On top of that it has a great story, limited supply, and great reviews. No doubt about it 10-20 years from now if you have one in good shape it'll be worth something. To think otherwise seems ignorant to me. This is coming from someone who owns a 1M, an e92 M3, and an X5M. The 1M will not be going anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 06:44 AM   #79
ItsHectic
But your honour it's my Affluenza I swear!
Australia
Rep
Drives: at a reasonable speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOCTOR 3VIL View Post
No way the M2s EPS is gonna be better than the 1Ms hydraulic.
      04-10-2014, 08:38 AM   #80
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsHectic View Post
No way the M2s EPS is gonna be better than the 1Ms hydraulic.
You sound pretty certain, but every generation of EPS gets better critical review from professionals who drive a lot of cars. EPS has the potential to be better than any hydraulic rack, but no one has focused on the right formula yet. They've all been pursuing "precision" at a cost to feedback. That is changing for sports cars though. EPS will ultimately surpass hydraulic in precision and feedback, just by the nature of its greater range of adjustability and larger number of input coefficients. These things just aren't possible with hydraulic racks.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 08:41 AM   #81
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Sour grapes.
a lot of M3 owners seem really jealous of the 1M. i've noticed it for a long time.....it must suck to live with all that bitterness! lol
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 09:00 AM   #82
ItsHectic
But your honour it's my Affluenza I swear!
Australia
Rep
Drives: at a reasonable speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
You sound pretty certain, but every generation of EPS gets better critical review from professionals who drive a lot of cars. EPS has the potential to be better than any hydraulic rack, but no one has focused on the right formula yet. They've all been pursuing "precision" at a cost to feedback. That is changing for sports cars though. EPS will ultimately surpass hydraulic in precision and feedback, just by the nature of its greater range of adjustability and larger number of input coefficients. These things just aren't possible with hydraulic racks.

Thats good to know, Renault EPS has really good feedback.
I just doubt BMW can make a lot happen in only a year or 2.
      04-10-2014, 09:40 AM   #83
sergeremi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARSKI View Post
So many haters lol. It's one of those cars you either get or don't. Once I drove this car, I knew that it was something special. Sometimes things are more special than just the sum of their parts. Everything just kinda comes together and you get that ahhhhhh moment when you drive it. That's rare. On top of that it has a great story, limited supply, and great reviews. No doubt about it 10-20 years from now if you have one in good shape it'll be worth something. To think otherwise seems ignorant to me. This is coming from someone who owns a 1M, an e92 M3, and an X5M. The 1M will not be going anywhere.
Besides the obvious (to me anyway) knowing that this car is special (crystalized every time I’m behind the wheel), the car’s development backstory is an additional treat. Knowing that this was an off-the-book, passion project by the M engineers just adds to the allure of the car, IMHO. Yes most definitely, it’s having everything coming together just so wondrously that will have this car highly appreciated for many, many years.
      04-10-2014, 10:20 AM   #84
UNO///M
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW BMW 1M

Value is a personal connection that you place on a item. To Me my little brute is priceless, my First M, everything is analog, no electronics to fuss about, un diluted performance. The moment I first drove it I knew I'll be keeping this car as a heirloom, so count mine out off the market.
      04-10-2014, 11:20 AM   #85
smq42
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BSM 1m coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNO///M
Value is a personal connection that you place on a item. To Me my little brute is priceless, my First M, everything is analog, no electronics to fuss about, un diluted performance. The moment I first drove it I knew I'll be keeping this car as a heirloom, so count mine out off the market.
+1
?13 E70 X5
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 11:31 AM   #86
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNO///M View Post
Value is a personal connection that you place on an item. To me my little brute is priceless, my first M, everything is analog, no electronics to fuss about, undiluted performance. The moment I first drove it I knew I'll be keeping this car as a heirloom, so count mine out off the market.
To all those over here with a 1M (2011/2012), imagine that a prospective buyer offers you 85% up to 100% MSRP right now, cash on delivery. Are you prepared to let the 1M go ? I assume that the vast majority will refuse the offer, thus leaving the car out of the market (at least for now).

To all those over here with a 2011/2012 E9X M3, imagine that a prospective buyer offers you 85% up to 100% MSRP right now, cash on delivery. Are you prepared to let the M3 go ? I assume that the vast majority will seriously consider the offer, and think of an F80 M3 or F82 M4 ...or maybe the less expensive option of getting a second hand 1M in pristine condition.
      04-10-2014, 11:48 AM   #87
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post

I 100% agree.. as they say in the X games.. it's all about PROGRESSION when it comes to this technology. The ceiling is very high.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 12:43 PM   #88
cc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, GT4, M2 M140i G40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNO///M View Post
Value is a personal connection that you place on an item. To me my little brute is priceless, my first M, everything is analog, no electronics to fuss about, undiluted performance. The moment I first drove it I knew I'll be keeping this car as a heirloom, so count mine out off the market.
To all those over here with a 1M (2011/2012), imagine that a prospective buyer offers you 85% up to 100% MSRP right now, cash on delivery. Are you prepared to let the 1M go ? I assume that the vast majority will refuse the offer, thus leaving the car out of the market (at least for now).

To all those over here with a 2011/2012 E9X M3, imagine that a prospective buyer offers you 85% up to 100% MSRP right now, cash on delivery. Are you prepared to let the M3 go ? I assume that the vast majority will seriously consider the offer, and think of an F80 M3 or F82 M4 ...or maybe the less expensive option of getting a second hand 1M in pristine condition.
My 1M is a keeper. Had an M3 nice but sold it before values crashed due to over supply. Wouldn't trade my 1M for new M3/4 as the 1M meets all my needs and I know if I buy a new M3/4 within 12 months BMW will be knocking 15% off list and values will tumble. They seem to do it with most M cars, deals on M5/6 are crazy. Might look good but values just go south very very quickly.
Appreciate 0