BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #1
Smac355
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Sport Mode Failure

So this past weekend i sought out to solve why my sport mode was not engaging in my 2008 135i. After a bit of research i found some folks on E90 forum having problems where the wires under the shift boot were sliced thus cutting off the connection recognizing sport mode.

After dissembling the center console, surprise, surprise I was a lucky recipient of this problem. After hours of frustrating splicing w/ tiny wires with little space, i finally got it fixed. Hopefully it will last some time, but who knows. I find this to be absolutely inexcusable on BMW's part. what a joke, i have never heard of this type of issue in another car. Very disappointing.

Hope none of you run into the same problem!
Black Sapphire Metallic 135i/Coral Leather Interior/ Gloss Black Grills/20% tint/M door sills/Black 135i badge, smoked LED side marker, Dinan stage II , DINAN Exhaust, performance side skirts, performance shift boot/e-brake, pedals, carbon fiber wrapped interior
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 09:17 AM   #2
cheshirecat79
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 370z & 135i

Do you have any idea how the harness was damaged?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #3
Smac355
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

only thing i can think of is from rubbing when putting the car into drive then using sport mode, which i pretty much use all the time. the wires are right next to the shifter so must just be wear over time.
Black Sapphire Metallic 135i/Coral Leather Interior/ Gloss Black Grills/20% tint/M door sills/Black 135i badge, smoked LED side marker, Dinan stage II , DINAN Exhaust, performance side skirts, performance shift boot/e-brake, pedals, carbon fiber wrapped interior
Appreciate 0