BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-08-2014, 10:50 AM   #1
Shays
Registered
Rep
Drives: 130i

Bmw 130i E87 affordable upgrades?

Hi guys
I've had my 130 for 3 years now, absolute beaut of a car. I just want more power and im not in the position to spend too much. Whats the most cost efficient way to get more power?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2014, 08:33 PM   #2
andrey_gta
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 130i coupé ;)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shays View Post
Hi guys
I've had my 130 for 3 years now, absolute beaut of a car. I just want more power and im not in the position to spend too much. Whats the most cost efficient way to get more power?
What is your car - Right Hand drive?

Than you have not much choice - so focus on suspension and brakes ( look up subframe bushing and m3 control arm updates for front & rear)

Otherwise you have the following power options:

- software tune - see what is local to you in SA. Evolve does remote tuning and so does ESS, Perfromance torque co uk, and BW chiptune UK with the remote cable. ( between remote tune use the cheapest remote option for you) The result is 10-15 hp for 130i no matter who And more importantly sharper throttle response.

- intake look up AFE dry filter for euro air box on official website for part number & the RevLimited intake hose on ebay. I dont think K&N Oiled filter for euro air box is good choice because it is oiled
-Also on babybmw co uk forums and maybe here look up EvoGlynn airbox mod to make an intake cheaper. If you dont like that, than for your 130i Ingen n52 Intake is the only other choice

- if you get n52 Headers from ActiveAutowerks or Supersprint or Schmiedmann you will have to modify them to work for your car. So get cheapest ones for you. I think Mapleridge header pipes from canada are RHD compatible google him or message me for his email
- exhaust - the muffler section can be changed to performance bmw or other after market
- both above options depend if you have emission standards, so be careful not to waste time removing all Catalic converters and have a smelly illegal car. Ideal set up from what i see here is midpipe catalic converters stay - front is headers and rear is a better muffler or no muffler at all

"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is

Last edited by andrey_gta; 10-13-2014 at 08:42 PM..
Appreciate 0