BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-14-2009, 03:03 PM   #23
gio
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adood84 View Post
would the BMW mobilty kit do? does that have a fix-a-flat thing?
I have the BMW mobility kit. Fortunately I haven't had to use it yet. It contains a pressure gauge, a compressor and a bottle of fix-a-flat. It's supposed to work with TPMS. It's way more expensive than buying the same kind of fit from someone else but I got it as a Christmas gift so I'm not complaining. And BMW can't blame me if it does clog my TPMS sensor and I demand a new one.
      01-14-2009, 03:10 PM   #24
gnpower
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW ///M Sport 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinzftw View Post
I have the cheap fix a flat stuff from Wal-Mart. Due to not having TPMS. I thought there were special versions of it that don't mess with your TPMS system. Guess I was wrong!
Use the BMW assist or AAA. carry a small air compressor and a tire plug kit. If it's a slow leak then just fill it and drive it to the nearest garage to have it patched. Out of experience I recommend never to use fix-a-flat. They seriously unbalance your tire and is not repairable after that. unless you can deal with the vibrations you have to purchase a new tire after that.