BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-21-2009, 06:51 PM   #67
jksgoh
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
2008 E82 125i  [0.00]
sad thing is, this has tainted what should have otherwise been a pleasant experience for you....
but try not to worry about it too much, when you get the car it'll all be worth it.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2009, 07:04 PM   #68
bfi2906
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135 Coupe

Just roll with it until you get what you want out of the situation.

you will have your chance to have your say when you get the survey asking you to tell them how wonderful the experience was.

I haven't done mine for this car yet, so someone that's done one recently might like to chime in here. I think they get dinged pretty hard if you mark them down - particularly if you say you'd never buy from that dealer again. I believe it hits them in the hip pocket.

Again, someone else may be more current, but if I recall correctly, the sad this is it reflects on the sales person if you "bucket" the finance guy. The sales person is expected to "manage" the entire process, and is ultimately rsponsible for your satisfaction with the entire process.

That's how it used to be, anyway.

But then, if the sales person hasn't helped, maybe that's justice.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2009, 07:17 PM   #69
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jksgoh View Post
sad thing is, this has tainted what should have otherwise been a pleasant experience for you....
but try not to worry about it too much, when you get the car it'll all be worth it.
Very true. Mind you, it'll be a blessing if i get the car at all now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfi2906 View Post
Just roll with it until you get what you want out of the situation.

you will have your chance to have your say when you get the survey asking you to tell them how wonderful the experience was.

I haven't done mine for this car yet, so someone that's done one recently might like to chime in here. I think they get dinged pretty hard if you mark them down - particularly if you say you'd never buy from that dealer again. I believe it hits them in the hip pocket.

Again, someone else may be more current, but if I recall correctly, the sad this is it reflects on the sales person if you "bucket" the finance guy. The sales person is expected to "manage" the entire process, and is ultimately rsponsible for your satisfaction with the entire process.

That's how it used to be, anyway.

But then, if the sales person hasn't helped, maybe that's justice.
No really, the sales person has been fantastic and very understanding throughout the process, and particularly yesterday when shit hit the proverbial. The sales person is their only saving grace in this situation. He has been a pleasure to work with.

One thing is for certain though - I won't EVER lease from this dealer again, let alone take my business there. Neither to any of the other dealers that the business owns. I'll probably hit up BMW Sydney next time.

It's a shame. I'm 23. If this had gone smoothly, the dealer and BMW would have had a customer most probably for life. But the blatant way in which they treat younger customers, just because of their age is disgusting.

You wouldn't have a business manager laugh at a 50 year old buying a 125i from them.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2009, 08:57 PM   #70
05C4R
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

at 23 they are just jealous of you getting a 125i
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2009, 08:59 PM   #71
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taymaishu View Post
wouldn't have a business manager laugh at a 50 year old buying a 125i from them.
Very,very true..

First thing they should have been taught is customer always comes first and in this day and age,everyone wants good service..

True story...When I was finalising the paperwork on my 1er, I was sitting in the finance managers office at the dealership having a coffee with her..

The was this oldish man hovering around a FULLY specked 7 series in the showroom waiting for some service...

We watched as he waited and waited and sat in the car and played with all the controls, still un assisted.

The finance mgr then got up and acknowledged this gentleman and spoke with him to let him know that all the salesman where occupied and if she could be of some help..

WELL...to shorten this tale, he told her he wanted to buy this particular car in the showroom and he wanted delivery tomorrow and he wanted her to get the commission as she was so kind to him..

He was Mr Cottee from Cottee's Industries/drinks/jams etc..

NEVER ever judge a book......
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2009, 09:12 PM   #72
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
Very,very true..

First thing they should have been taught is customer always comes first and in this day and age,everyone wants good service..

True story...When I was finalising the paperwork on my 1er, I was sitting in the finance managers office at the dealership having a coffee with her..

The was this oldish man hovering around a FULLY specked 7 series in the showroom waiting for some service...

We watched as he waited and waited and sat in the car and played with all the controls, still un assisted.

The finance mgr then got up and acknowledged this gentleman and spoke with him to let him know that all the salesman where occupied and if she could be of some help..

WELL...to shorten this tale, he told her he wanted to buy this particular car in the showroom and he wanted delivery tomorrow and he wanted her to get the commission as she was so kind to him..

He was Mr Cottee from Cottee's Industries/drinks/jams etc..

NEVER ever judge a book......
True, very true.

I had a similar experience with Audi - they left me alone until I actually said i wanted a novated lease; and boy did they give me attention.

I ended up speaking with a very senior person yesterday evening about the ordeal. We'll see what happens.

Due to their incompetence, they've resubmitted my finance app WITH the paperwork i've given them this time. So hopefully, fingers crossed, all will be ok by this afternoon.

I expect a very, very big present on delivery of the car now!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 05:04 PM   #73
BMWRX
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 CP

Garage List
2017 BMW M4  [0.00]
I had the exact opposite experience with Audi. Wandered around for a good half hour, and even went up to the receptionist to ask for assistance from a salesman. Another fifteen minutes..........nothing. I walked out.

The funny thing is I then walked across the lot to the Ferrari showroom, told the salesman there that I was only having a look and a dream, and he couldn't have been more polite and attentive - asked if I wanted a coffee, any information on the cars, etc, etc. It's disappointing that the dealership I was a good chance of buy from couldn't care less, and the one who wasn't getting a cent out of me put in the hard yards.

Anyway, moving on. I've ordered my 125i (space grey, M Sports) and delivery is in late September. The wait is killing me!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 06:33 PM   #74
Guran
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 135i Coupe

BMWRX - I had a very similar experience ... twice ... at the Audi dealer in Wollongong. They just were not at all interested to selling me a car. Their loss.
      07-22-2009, 08:17 PM   #75
dflatos
Private
Rep
Drives: 125i convertible

I used Mr.Negotiator to source out the dealer interested in giving me the best deal. Coincidentally he sent me to one of the dealers I had already called earlier to enquire about availability of the 125 i vert before 30 Jun 09. Had no problem with salesman who was helpful and polite. Offered me test drive by myself and take my time but I asked him to come along as I did not know what the buttons did and how to work the hood so he came along. Then did negotiations which were skewed a bit in his favour as the floor car was only one available in Melb before 30 Jun and could drive away in 1w. The list price was $87k as optioned with metallic paint, prov NAV, PDC,voice recog, comfort access and auto - total $11k worth of options. Settled for $79.5k as I wanted the car. First time I use Mr.Negotiator - salesman tells me he had to pay Mr.Negotiator $300 for the deal. I did not pay Mr.Negotiator anything - his commission comes from the dealer. This did save me time locating a dealer who was interested in selling me a car and prepared to negotiate a good deal. Interestingly a friend who got the same car without any options paid $74k - he did his own deal. I paid another $5k and got $11k worth of options which I thought was quite good.

Last edited by dflatos; 07-22-2009 at 08:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 08:19 PM   #76
dflatos
Private
Rep

I found this website which is good for estimating what price you should be paying
http://www.prestigenewcars.com.au
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 01:07 AM   #77
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Had an update from what is possibly the only Business Manager who knows their stuff. I fired a barrage of questions over email today, and finally I have a response in writing.

The downpayment they want WILL take care of my first 2 lease payments, so no lease payments until Month 2 for Month 3.

The residual on the downpayment will reduce my lease payment in Month 3 for month 4.

They have been confusing to say the best. First they said it was a deposit, next they said it was an on-top payment, but now I have it in writing that it is a pre-payment for the first lease payments. Woopie!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 02:20 AM   #78
BMWRX
Major
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M4  [0.00]
Just received word that my car won't be delivered until middle of October now (initially I was told mid to late-September). Where do I stand on cancelling orders when the delivery date gets delayed? I'm far from impressed, considering only two days ago September was the ETA.

With that said, I'm still super excited to get my new BMW!!!
      07-23-2009, 08:50 AM   #79
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWRX View Post
Just received word that my car won't be delivered until middle of October now (initially I was told mid to late-September). Where do I stand on cancelling orders when the delivery date gets delayed? I'm far from impressed, considering only two days ago September was the ETA.

With that said, I'm still super excited to get my new BMW!!!
Hey mate,

Check your contract of sale that you would have signed. The fine print is usually what you're up to.

If you've put down a Purchase Deposit (as opposed to a Holding Deposit), you may most probably lose that money, especially if you ordered it, as BMW will now have to lay that one off.

However, if the contract says it is to be delivered by a particular date; that will be your way out of the contract with refunds.

If you have a friend or family member who is a solicitor, get them involved, best tip and the best thing i did in my situation.

I'm now going to work through a private leasing company rather than BMW Finance (aka rip offs). The quotes were lower, had better variables (fuel, insurance included) and shorter terms.

Let me know how you go.

In other news, i pulled my holding deposit today - the car is back on the market.

I had enough. I'll go private and get it
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 06:01 PM   #80
dflatos
Private
Rep

Quote:
Hey mate,

In other news, i pulled my holding deposit today - the car is back on the market.

I had enough. I'll go private and get it
did you look up the url I posted or try Mr.Negotiator since you're looking for a deal again ?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 08:25 PM   #81
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dflatos View Post
did you look up the url I posted or try Mr.Negotiator since you're looking for a deal again ?
I don't know how much clearer I can make this.

I'm novated leasing. I have TWO options:

1. Go direct through a dealer and BMW Finance (which failed)
2. Go direct through a private leasing company.

There's no use in me going to a dealership anymore, i've already seen the car, and i won't sign any agreement with BMW Finance.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 08:42 PM   #82
CT135
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
I don't know how much clearer I can make this.

I'm novated leasing. I have TWO options:
you can still go to a dealer, strike a deal and then get the lease company involved. I did that on my last novated lease (before the 1er). Of course, the lease company *might* be able to get a good fleet deal/discount based on their buying volume ... but that would depend on the company.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 10:20 PM   #83
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT135 View Post
you can still go to a dealer, strike a deal and then get the lease company involved. I did that on my last novated lease (before the 1er). Of course, the lease company *might* be able to get a good fleet deal/discount based on their buying volume ... but that would depend on the company.
Already had a return quote through a private lease company on the EXACT car.

It's a 2 year (not 4 year) lease, it's cheaper by the month, i actually get fuel cards, and i get $1200 towards comprehensive insurance. So much better than a 4-year that BMW Finance offer with no fuel, no insurance.

Seems like i hit the sweet spot. I'm also getting quotes on a couple of other cars through this lease company as they're pretty damn good!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 10:48 PM   #84
CT135
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
It's a 2 year (not 4 year) lease, it's cheaper by the month,
2 year lease cheaper per month than a 4 year lease? I'd check the residual ... unless the interest rates are massively different!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 11:12 PM   #85
dflatos
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT135 View Post
2 year lease cheaper per month than a 4 year lease? I'd check the residual ... unless the interest rates are massively different!
I agree - I took 2 yr chattle mortgage with 70% residual with BMW finance and pay $1386/mth on $79.5k car. 2y, 60% residual was gonna cost $1785/mth so I opted for cheaper payments punting on the 125 vert retaining its value after 2y
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 11:41 PM   #86
BMWRX
Major
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M4  [0.00]
I haven't signed anything yet. I'm going through a broker to get the car (which is all honestly got me a good deal, but nothing mind blowing), so all I've done so far is call them to order the car, and placed a bit of a deposit on it. If they drag out the delivery time, then I was seek legal advice and see where that leads. However, I've agreed to buy the car, so unless something drastic happens (or they continue with the attitude they'd shown so far) I'll stick with buying it through them.
      07-24-2009, 12:13 AM   #87
dflatos
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWRX View Post
I haven't signed anything yet. I'm going through a broker to get the car (which is all honestly got me a good deal, but nothing mind blowing), so all I've done so far is call them to order the car, and placed a bit of a deposit on it. If they drag out the delivery time, then I was seek legal advice and see where that leads. However, I've agreed to buy the car, so unless something drastic happens (or they continue with the attitude they'd shown so far) I'll stick with buying it through them.
What price did you pay? Who is broker ?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2009, 12:29 AM   #88
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dflatos View Post
I agree - I took 2 yr chattle mortgage with 70% residual with BMW finance and pay $1386/mth on $79.5k car. 2y, 60% residual was gonna cost $1785/mth so I opted for cheaper payments punting on the 125 vert retaining its value after 2y
My stats on my quote:

Yearly Sal Sacrifice - 12,836
Lease length: 24 months
Residual: 56.25%
Monthly Lease cost: $1069.83
Car: 125i
Annual KM: 25,000

Included:
CTP & Rego
Fuel Cards (three: Shell, BP, Caltex)
$1200 towards comprehensive insurance
24 Hour roadside assistance
Servicing & Maintenance
2 year warranty (life of lease)

BMW FINANCE OFFER on same vehicle:

Annual Kilometers: 20,000
Lease Length: 48 Months
Monthly repayments: $1272.21 per month (excluding GST)
Plus, $6360 as a downpayment before delivery, not refundable. They keep it.

No Fuel Cards
No contribution towards Comprehensive Insurance

WE HAVE A WINNER!!
Appreciate 0