E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > An email from my dealer hurts me so badly..

Closed Thread

06-29-2005, 08:43 PM   #111
psyran
Private
Rep
Drives: 330 e90 in June

Bogus survey

This whole BMW survey thing is so invalid since the sales people basically put pressure on the customer re: how to rank them. Completely ridiculous. My sales guy told me the same thing. "Remember to give me all fives because a 4 is failing." So whenever you read that a certain BMW dealership has received such and such an honor or reward, it can be completely discounted. They only report you as a customer if they know you will give all fives. Example: Had service at a local BMW dealership about 8 months ago. Service tech gave me the line about someone from BMWNA calling and asked if I could give high marks. Affirmed I could, But then on way home while on the interstate, the hood is flopping up and down at 65mph. Called the service tech to complain. Guess what-never received that call from BMWNA. Wonder why?
psyran
p.s. Still haven't received call from the BMW re: my sales experience. Probably because the dealership thinks I won't give all fives.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2005, 08:56 PM   #112
drfluid
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 - 330i Navi, Premium

now I realize that all this survey nonsense has been a long-lived systematic error that I by no means can rectify.
After hours of contemplation and discussion with my wife, I am leaning toward letting it go......

--------------------------
while I was writing up the words above, I got another email from the saleman.
Here it goes.

Let's forget about it all. Enjoy your car. Good luck to you and your family. I
apologize if I said something that I shouldn't have said, I was just so shocked
when I saw your survey.

--------------------
yeah, I'll let it go.
Thanks for all the advices and being with my side. You guys rock!
      06-29-2005, 09:01 PM   #113
bmw330ipty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 Porsche Cayenne

I am glad things are ending like this.

The salesperson is a classic example when someone acts on emotion rather than with their head. I am sure after cooling off and using his head, the salesperson realized that he over reacted and needed to apologize.

BD
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2005, 09:02 PM   #114
fusionnv
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfluid
now I realize that all this survey nonsense has been a long-lived systematic error that I by no means can rectify.
After hours of contemplation and discussion with my wife, I am leaning toward letting it go......

Here it goes.

when I saw your survey.

--------------------
yeah, I'll let it go.

I think he is realizing how out of control this is getting. You the most will lose is a relationship with the dealer/dealership, he on the other hand might lose his job if it had gone to the next level.

Having fun driving it.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2005, 09:02 PM   #115
HRC
MAUI BUILT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i MT

Garage List
2002 E46 325i  [0.00]
2012 E70 35i  [0.00]
I'm so happy for you! Awesome! BTW, I wanted to express a big *Thank you* to all who posted on this thread for keeping it civil and keeping the moderators out of it. This is one of the most *hot* topics with lots of emotions that on another board, could've turned nasty.

Danny
Arctic/Blk Leather/Alum.Trim/MT/ZSP/Sunshades/Blk Lines/M3 Illuminated Knob/Alcantara Performance Wheel/M-E-Brake Handle/Euro Fog Switch/Koni Yellows/H&R Sport Springs/19" VMR V718's w/PS2 Tires/M-Tech Body Kit/Carbon Fiber Spoiler/Bimmian Interior Bulbs/OEM Eye Glass Tray/SSK/Alcantara Boot/Split Armrest/OEM Dual Rear Power Outlets/Rear Ashtray Delete/OEM Alum. Pedals/Osram 6000K/Brex Rings/LED Side Markers/BMS Power Box
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2005, 09:13 PM   #116
Steply
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330i Graphite

Quote:

Here it goes.

when I saw your survey.

--------------------
yeah, I'll let it go.

My guess is that he was reading this thread and realized that the tide was against him... (from earlier posts, it appeared that he knew that you frequent BMW forums)... Anyhoo, I'd want to report this to BMWNA, but that would likely result in him losing his job -- so you are taking the high road by letting this go....
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2005, 09:21 PM   #117
YYdoodle
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 fanatic

Wow this was one intense topic!! Amazing bunch of members on here I hafta say. Everybody had a strong opinion on the topic yet everybody was able to discuss civilly. 2,000+ views in like a day!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2005, 09:25 PM   #118
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terps
Wow this was one intense topic!! Amazing bunch of members on here I hafta say. Everybody had a strong opinion on the topic yet everybody was able to discuss civilly. 2,000+ views in like a day!
I guess now that we've all cooled down a bit, we can look back now and all have a little laugh. I mean, I've never seen so much activity on a single thread in one day before You guys are all great and posts like these show why E90post.com is different from all the other bimmer message boards
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2005, 09:27 PM   #119
Cloud9
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Fast!

Quote:
yes.. I do know what you mean, that's why I still hesitate to proceed any further..
I'm just really sorry that this happened to you. When you think about, there is "justice" after all. He didn't get his bonus so he got exactly what he deserved. It's obvious that he's not concerned about losing his job. If he gets fired he'll be at another dealership within 24 hours. It's very easy to get a car sales job. Sales reps move around constantly. Normally, moving from job to job is frowned upon but that's the nature in the car business. It's expected in the car industry.

It's easy for all of us to get up in arms and tell you to fight this BUT we're not in your shoes. You have to do what's comfortable for you. To me, this is a classic road rage situation. Do you chase after a crazy driver because they cut you off or just scream out what a fukking idiot and move on?

Just bring you business to another dealer.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2005, 09:30 PM   #120
Cloud9
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Fast!

Quote:

Here it goes.

when I saw your survey.

--------------------
yeah, I'll let it go.

That's good news!!! I'm happy for you. Really, now enjoy your E90!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2005, 09:37 PM   #121
swami
Rep
Drives: acura tsx

This is my last post on the topic. I'm glad the salesman realized he was treading on thin ice. I think these surveys, and the threats directed at the dealers, are for the most part, just that...threats. In regards to this being a luxury car only practice, or that less than 5 is good enough to Ford or Chevy...sorry. Go buy a Ford Ranger, and give less than perfect marks, you get the same results. I believe the carmakers really want educated salespeople. At some point in time it starts to fall back on the Sales Manager, and the people that train the sales staff. If I'm selling BMW's, I'd know the lineup inside and out, unless the people that train me don't, which should be the whole reason for the survey anyway. Unfortunately it's a popularity contest at best. A less than perfect score usually doesn't result in a better dealership, just alot of new faces.

Last edited by swami; 06-29-2005 at 09:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2005, 10:13 PM   #122
onesixeight
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4/i8

Quote:

Here it goes.

when I saw your survey.

--------------------
yeah, I'll let it go.
It's good you have a big heart to let him go... If it were me, I'd have a hard time letting this issue go :mad: :mad: :mad:
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2005, 10:17 PM   #123
Arby 330
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: jet black 330

[

Personally, my sales lady is going to have me say 6+ to every survey question. I am also planning on giving her a really posh box of chocolates when I collect my car. She has bent over backwards for me, way beyond the call of duty. I will make a full post about my whole experience when I take delivery of my car...[/QUOTE]

wouldnt it be a lot better if she was bending in the opposite direction... you could count on a box of choclates then.... i wonder what dealerships are like in navada

BTW DRFLUID i still wouldnt do anything more in the situation your in. Although it made me lose a lot more respect for the sales rep with his last email, you still have to remember his family.. and just in case you did get him fired, well then i would watch my ass for real. (wats he have to lose)
my 2 cents
RB

5% suntek- all the way around (15% strip on front winshield)
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2005, 10:40 PM   #124
Petercat
Cat Herder
United_States
Rep
Drives: LR3, again...

I'm happy he has cooled down... Maybe he has thought about what he said and how he crossed the line by threatening you with his "non-academic conflict resolution skills".

I am not certain that I would let it go at this point, just because he finally realized he crossed the line. By letting it go, you are letting him do this to another customer in the future and hurting BMW by not letting them resolve this issue how they choose. They should really be aware of how their salespeople operate and how you've been treated as a ($40K+) BMW customer.

Let's hope he learned from the experience and maybe scared himself straight.
      06-29-2005, 10:51 PM   #125
Dani
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325I Graphite

drfluid-
this issue seems resolved but I would strongly encourage you to post something in the dealer reviews forum simply listing your location, bad experience, and let people contact you privately if they are looking at buying and want to avoid your salesperson.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2005, 10:51 PM   #126
Amil
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 3.0i

give me this salesmens name i want to make sure i never get near him
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2005, 11:59 PM   #127
silverado
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyran
[...]
They only report you as a customer if they know you will give all fives.
This is REALLY messed up I didn't think they had control over who gets polled. If this is the case then this whole system is just a big useless charade. Not only is the grading system stupid (anything other than 5 is failing), but they are actually testing you to see if you'll give 5's or they won't ask you. I think this explains why this salesman is so upset and how he can claim that this is the worst rating he's ever got. He's so pissed off he picked a bad one!

Appreciate 0
      06-30-2005, 01:06 AM   #128
tim916
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:

Here it goes.

when I saw your survey.

--------------------
yeah, I'll let it go.
Screw letting it go. The guy is obviously back-pedaling now because he has been reading this thread and he is worried that you are going to report him and that the appropriate consequences will follow i.e. he gets fired. F**k that s**t. You go ahead and report this dispicable person. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

As a side note, this survey/bonus system is typical corporate BS: you make achieving a 100% bonus virtually impossible so that you can keep the bottom line nice and fat. It's like the donkey being led by the carrot hanging from the string.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2005, 01:24 AM   #129
HRC
MAUI BUILT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i MT

Garage List
2002 E46 325i  [0.00]
2012 E70 35i  [0.00]
The guy is trying to move on, let him do it.

Danny
Arctic/Blk Leather/Alum.Trim/MT/ZSP/Sunshades/Blk Lines/M3 Illuminated Knob/Alcantara Performance Wheel/M-E-Brake Handle/Euro Fog Switch/Koni Yellows/H&R Sport Springs/19" VMR V718's w/PS2 Tires/M-Tech Body Kit/Carbon Fiber Spoiler/Bimmian Interior Bulbs/OEM Eye Glass Tray/SSK/Alcantara Boot/Split Armrest/OEM Dual Rear Power Outlets/Rear Ashtray Delete/OEM Alum. Pedals/Osram 6000K/Brex Rings/LED Side Markers/BMS Power Box
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2005, 02:24 AM   #130
Broken1
Addict
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i M-Sport

eh, poeple get out of hand sometimes. He's now tried to make a mense. You have your car, and are happy with it. I think just let it go. Let someone else take the personal risk of this guy getting heated up again outside your house.

Walking away from the fight is the mature thing to do!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2005, 05:32 AM   #131
jubol
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

I was thinking about this whole survey problem!!
When they survey me, I'm going to say NO SURVEY!! When they ask why?? Because you give our survey results paired to names, which I think is totaly wrong!!!
If all the folks on this and other boards did the same as I'm going to do, I think BMW would get the MESSAGE!!!
Fred
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2005, 05:47 AM   #132
onesixeight
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4/i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby 330
[

BTW DRFLUID i still wouldnt do anything more in the situation your in. Although it made me lose a lot more respect for the sales rep with his last email, you still have to remember his family.. and just in case you did get him fired, well then i would watch my ass for real. (wats he have to lose)
my 2 cents
RB
Arby...

Nothing again you...but no one should feel sorry for this guy! We're talking about a bonus here...It's not like he's living paycheck to paycheck off this survey.

Even if he did get fired, maybe he'll actually look back, wake up and smell the coffee to what he actually did wrong. Because even after the third and final e-mail, he doesn't acknowledge he did anything wrong, but instead just attempting to brush the issue aside.

Comm'on...there are poor people staving in third world countries that would bend over backwards to do the job that this fool does. What about the thousands of other unemployed people in this country who are honest, hard working people but were laid off due to circumstance out of their control...I'm sure they'd do a much better job than this arrogant BMW sales person. To me, he's one of the last people on earth I'd feel sorry for.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread