BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #23
jsmonet
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 x7 m50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbalch View Post
update: the general sales manager called me back today and said that since the PPK1 is ~$1200 he would be able to pay half. Bullshit.

I am real pissed that he couldn't do it free, any ideas what to do now?
I'm having trouble seeing how that's bullshit. So your car took longer than expected.. nothing was actually harmed in the process.

Did you seriously expect to be given >1200 dollars, retail, of swag for some extra wait? It sucks, but that's asking too much.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 04:42 PM   #24
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
I thought the PPK was reduced to something like $599? Was that a limited time offer? If he's not willing to budge, I might ask him to go halfsies on the performance suspension and install it for free. They charge so much labor on that so it might be better bang for your buck. You pay $600 for a transformed car. The BMW tune is pretty mild where the suspension is a very nice upgrade. After having mine for 2+ years, I can say that if the car is lacking in one area the most, it's definitely handling.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #25
crbalch
The Schwab
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 AW M340xi

Garage List
2017 BMW X1  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmonet View Post
I'm having trouble seeing how that's bullshit. So your car took longer than expected.. nothing was actually harmed in the process.

Did you seriously expect to be given >1200 dollars, retail, of swag for some extra wait? It sucks, but that's asking too much.
Not only did it take an extra 4 months, my Client Advisor was absolutely terrible throughout the whole ordering process. He consistently took weeks to respond to emails, never called me back, and overall was totally disinterested in my sale. This to me is completely unacceptable, and I feel that I should be compensated for my wait.

Had I received my car on time, I could have done the PPK1 for the same cost as what he wants now, yet it is their fault I had to wait in the first place? That doesn't seem right now does it?

Go look at one of the guys that posted earlier regarding Infiniti and how they gave hime 2k worth of stuff. $1200 is pocket change for them. I work for GE Capital, a large company with many people that would buy from the dealer, and if I explain to folks about my experience, they will certainly defer. That loss of even 1 or 2 customers would make up in giving me this kit.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #26
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

The PPK for $599 was only for a limited time, till the start of the New Year. Posts show that the price went up right after the New Years weekend.
Glad I got mine that final week.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #27
crbalch
The Schwab
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW X1  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I thought the PPK was reduced to something like $599? Was that a limited time offer? If he's not willing to budge, I might ask him to go halfsies on the performance suspension and install it for free. They charge so much labor on that so it might be better bang for your buck. You pay $600 for a transformed car. The BMW tune is pretty mild where the suspension is a very nice upgrade. After having mine for 2+ years, I can say that if the car is lacking in one area the most, it's definitely handling.
yeah dude it was $575 before the new year then they bumped the price up. So what is essentially happening is that I would need to pay the same amount now, to get the kit for what I could have gotten it for had it been delivered on time.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #28
crbalch
The Schwab
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW X1  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
Quote:
This is a #fairfieldcountyproblem
yeah i need to think it over
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 05:04 PM   #29
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Here's what you might do... I gained a great deal of leverage at the same dealer when I had 2 people buy their cars upon my recommendation immediately after my sale because of my good experience. It wouldn't hurt to mention that you have 2 friends who's leases are expiring on another brand and they are interested in BMWs but after hearing about your horrendous experience, you'll have no choice but to recommend they go to one of the other 4 dealerships within a half hour drive. Something you might also add is that the real person at fault here is the salesperson who treated you so poorly. If anything, that guy should cover the other half. You're paying good money for - what they call - premium service but were actually treated poorly.

EDIT: You might also mention my exceptional experience at that dealer and that you chose them for that very reason. You are mystified by the lazy and unresponsive actions by the CA.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #30
pinmagic
The Only Sane One Here
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbalch View Post
Not only did it take an extra 4 months, my Client Advisor was absolutely terrible throughout the whole ordering process. He consistently took weeks to respond to emails, never called me back, and overall was totally disinterested in my sale. This to me is completely unacceptable, and I feel that I should be compensated for my wait.
Why did you give him the sale? I researched my specific salesman before I pulled the trigger.
      01-18-2012, 05:22 PM   #31
2012_135i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i, 6MT, M-Sport

They may be BMW, but you still can't trust 'em when it comes to their bottom line. I'd check around on that quoted price. Like the KingOfJericho, I'd heard it was $599 as well.

This sounds suspiciously like what my dealership tried to pull on me, just in a different way. I had the $1,000 Drive for Team USA rebate guaranteed to me by the dealership through the end of December. Then, after placing my order and signing off on my deal, I found out the sponsors only had it available through the end of November which would be before my dealer could actually sell me the car. My dealership said they were doing everything they could to make sure I got my rebate as promised. Fine. Meanwhile, as I was waiting for my car to be built, another fall sales promotion kicked in which my sales guy said he could get me as well because the car wasn't yet officially sold to me. So great, another $500 credit, all well and good. Now it gets interesting. The car hits California and we do the rest of the paper work to finalize the sale and transfer ownership to me. At this point my sales guy says that they weren't able to have the $1,000 rebate extended past November, but not to worry, the dealership would cover that [like they should]. However, there was just one small misunderstanding about the $500 credit. I actually wasn't eligible for it because of something to do with the financing I had done on the car. At this point my bullshit alarm started screaming in my ear. I very calmly and patiently went through all the details, showed my sales guy how the $500 credit had nothing to do with my financing, and asked him to explain the logic of how they were connected. He looked embarrassed, shuffled the paper work, and said, "I see your point, let me talk to my sales manager". He disappeared and the requisite 20 minutes went by while I wandered around looking at other cars. When he came back he smiled and said there was a difference of interpretation about the application of the $500 credit but he "went to bat" for me and secured it in my favor. Turns out the dealership was going to put in for the credit (which I was elligble for) and keep it for themselves to reduce their loss on the $1,000 rebate by 1/2.
      01-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #32
crbalch
The Schwab
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW X1  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinmagic View Post
Why did you give him the sale? I researched my specific salesman before I pulled the trigger.
First new car experience, just went with whoever...mistake on my end
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 08:31 PM   #33
crbalch
The Schwab
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW X1  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
Yeah I the Team USA rebate debacle as well but ended up getting it...the PPK1 was $599 before Jan 1, then the price jumped up to $900. So after labor the thing is around $1200.

I may end up just doing it, I'm not happy about it at all, but he seems that he doesn't want to budge, and I really want to keep a good relationship with the dealer. Not too sure yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012_135i View Post
They may be BMW, but you still can't trust 'em when it comes to their bottom line. I'd check around on that quoted price. Like the KingOfJericho, I'd heard it was $599 as well.

This sounds suspiciously like what my dealership tried to pull on me, just in a different way. I had the $1,000 Drive for Team USA rebate guaranteed to me by the dealership through the end of December. Then, after placing my order and signing off on my deal, I found out the sponsors only had it available through the end of November which would be before my dealer could actually sell me the car. My dealership said they were doing everything they could to make sure I got my rebate as promised. Fine. Meanwhile, as I was waiting for my car to be built, another fall sales promotion kicked in which my sales guy said he could get me as well because the car wasn't yet officially sold to me. So great, another $500 credit, all well and good. Now it gets interesting. The car hits California and we do the rest of the paper work to finalize the sale and transfer ownership to me. At this point my sales guy says that they weren't able to have the $1,000 rebate extended past November, but not to worry, the dealership would cover that [like they should]. However, there was just one small misunderstanding about the $500 credit. I actually wasn't eligible for it because of something to do with the financing I had done on the car. At this point my bullshit alarm started screaming in my ear. I very calmly and patiently went through all the details, showed my sales guy how the $500 credit had nothing to do with my financing, and asked him to explain the logic of how they were connected. He looked embarrassed, shuffled the paper work, and said, "I see your point, let me talk to my sales manager". He disappeared and the requisite 20 minutes went by while I wandered around looking at other cars. When he came back he smiled and said there was a difference of interpretation about the application of the $500 credit but he "went to bat" for me and secured it in my favor. Turns out the dealership was going to put in for the credit (which I was elligble for) and keep it for themselves to reduce their loss on the $1,000 rebate by 1/2.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 08:57 PM   #34
leggomycraigo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW 135

My CA wasnt great either, nice guy but not good CA. I even tried to get him an easy sell, my friend ended up buying a 55k 3 series off the lot from another BMW in the area since he didnt respond back to me.

I voiced some concerns to the the management prior to leaving the dealership and they came out with some hats and stuff and offered me "a box full of bmw gear" if I give them a perfect rating on my dealer survey. I dont really think some hats and cups and keychains can really sway me from voicing my opinion though.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 07:45 AM   #35
alvitdk
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by leggomycraigo View Post
My CA wasnt great either, nice guy but not good CA. I even tried to get him an easy sell, my friend ended up buying a 55k 3 series off the lot from another BMW in the area since he didnt respond back to me.

I voiced some concerns to the the management prior to leaving the dealership and they came out with some hats and stuff and offered me "a box full of bmw gear" if I give them a perfect rating on my dealer survey. I dont really think some hats and cups and keychains can really sway me from voicing my opinion though.
And you should stick by that. When I got my wife's Golf TDI last Year, we had lots of problems with the delivery, half the extras missing, a scratch in the bumper (I was told they will buff it out at the first service, lol) and much more. I gave them a 5 out of 10 in most categories and got a call from the manager. They offered free VW gear and a dinner coupon for 200.-, did not change my mind at all, other clients should not have to go through that, I mean what is a evaluation for if you can buy your way into a 10
Also Drive: 22' Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Waiting for 23' BMW Z4 M40i:
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #36
crbalch
The Schwab
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW X1  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
Update after a while: I ended up going ahead and ordering the PPK1 from the dealer, and they are paying for half of it. So the total price of it plus labor is $1200, but we originally talked about it being $1100.

I am going to end up paying $550 total for the kit with installation. I am happy with it, considering I am essentially getting the labor for free, and the 2011 intro price.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #37
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Seems agreeable. I want a ride to compare.

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #38
crbalch
The Schwab
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW X1  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Seems agreeable. I want a ride to compare.
Yeah I figure its the best I am going to do, might as well go for it, Ive heard great things about the PPK.

We can definitely do the comparison, hopefully getting it installed next week
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #39
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
I've actually never been in an N55 car so it'll be a nice intro. You can also test out the CDV mod.

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 10:06 AM   #40
crbalch
The Schwab
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW X1  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
Quote:
I've actually never been in an N55 car so it'll be a nice intro. You can also test out the CDV mod.
definitely
Appreciate 0