BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-06-2017, 01:58 PM   #1
td0tmang07
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 128i

M Sport Package Seats Issue...

Hello,

This is my first post. I'm glad to be a member and I recently purchased my first BMW, a 2013 128i.

During my search, I narrowed it down to the 128i and 135i and test drove 2 vehicles for sale in my area. I decided the 128i was the better fit for me. However, the feature from the 135i I wish I did have was the Sport Seats.

Recently, I was able to acquire Sport Seats from a 2010 135i. The seller verified that all functions and motors were fully functional and working. I had my friendly BMW repair garage install them for me and have been impressed with them, except for a minor issue.

My standard power Sensatec seats did not have the power bolster support or power lumbar support features of the Sport Seats. However, the seats had knockouts for those buttons. After having the Sport Seats installed, the power bolster support and power lumbar support buttons are not functional. All of the functions my original seats had are working with the Sport Seats.

Do you believe the functions are not working due to a wiring or programming issue? Any information or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2017, 03:18 PM   #2
Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
You're missing some wiring for sure: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494469

I don't think there is any coding involved, but if there is it shouldn't be too difficult. The worst case (i.e., most expensive) scenario would be if you needed to add or upgrade one of the modules. Actually, even worse would be if you had to run a missing wiring harness under the carpeting or something.

Probably you can just modify some connectors where the wiring harness clips to the seat, though. Good luck.
      11-07-2017, 01:53 PM   #3
td0tmang07
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 128i

Thanks!

Appreciate the info BimmerBob!

I'll examine that thread you posted and look into this more. I'll keep y'all updated.

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2017, 08:54 PM   #4
FTL_1
Rep
Drives: 135i Msport

Similar topic, but my car has the m-sport seats stock:

I have the m package seats with adjustable bolsters and lumbar support, but the passenger side is near fully inflated and the drivers side is deflated. When I press the switch to inflate on both seats, there is no sound and the bolsters do not work.

I checked all the fuses in the box and they were all fine, except I was missing fuse 3, fuse 10, and fuse 68, all of which I replaced with the correct amperage fuse and still nothing from the seats. Does anyone have any ideas what this might be? Going to be searching for seat tear down How-To's in the meantime.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0