BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-30-2011, 12:13 PM   #45
romak47
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a bat out of hell

Guys COME ON!.. where a 1'er brotherhood.. sheeesh...
JB4, DCI, Digi boost, CSL eyelids, 5% tint, KW v2's. Bastuck 85mm quad w/ berk resonated mids, LED int ltg, Perf SSK, CF int trim, 19" SF-71 rims, CDV mod, BMS OCC, ER+tial charge pipe. AR DP's, Helix IC,meth, drilled slotted rotors
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 01:24 PM   #46
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport :D

Exactly...a brotherhood and siblings always fight and bicker but still love each other lol
      05-30-2011, 07:08 PM   #47
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 08:23 PM   #48
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 09:50 PM   #49
HACKULO
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2012 BMW 335i coupe  [0.00]
2008 135i  [6.00]
rofl

cheap fast cars arent reliable
reliable cheap cars arent fast
and fast reliable cars ARENT CHEAP
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 07:46 AM   #50
1013mm
aka 1013MM
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: pokingly flush

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LazyBmw View Post
Damn can't wait..
Me too. Any day now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
By the title, I thought you were getting rid of the car itself! Glad you are keeping it, can't wait to see the next version.

Also, you left your front plate on
front plate is only removed at shows and meets. Obeying the law is always priority!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastbmw View Post
I also thought the car was going by the title and instantly thought, damn I'm going to miss the pics. Excited to see whats up next.
Me too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stong View Post
gorgeous*
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130iguy View Post
indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman135 View Post
nice car
i dont like this wheels though !

Quote:
imo JZ is a ground breaker in regards to 1er wheel fitment.. no point in resting on your laurels imo
It's alright. An opinion is an opinion. This is an open forum my friends. We are all welcome to say what we want to say. It's not going to be a perfect utopia of everyone agreeing with each other all the time! I'm fine with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoutnj89 View Post
My friend has a C 350 and changes exhaust and bumpers and paint and wheels and engine mods and.. and.. and..

WHY..? Pick a setup and say hey thats me.. Personally I fell in love with your car when it was by the windmills. WOW was that setup awesome.
Windmills might have a visitor soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by goeslikeschnell View Post
wait.. hold up...

YOU WERE TRYING TO SELL YOUR USED STOCK BRAKE PADS?
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=385516

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
sorry but it was funny couldn't help it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by h3opama View Post
There is simply no need for all this hate upon jzhang's ride. Everyone has different tastes with how they build their cars. Some look to build their cars for performance. Others build up their cars for the looks. How they modify their cars is completely up to them. I am sure jzhang understands the potential problems with stretched tires and poked wheels. Please keep the hate to yourself. If you see something you don't like then just click away from the page
Life is about taking some risk sometimes. In my mind, I don't think I made a bad choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon. View Post
For a second I thought you were getting a new car from the title haha

Can't wait to see your next set.

Form over function any day

Quote:
Originally Posted by t02t View Post
Lol awesome pics as always.. too bad your threads always turn into a flame war
looking forward to what you're getting next too!
It sucks, but it is what it is. What can I do? Not much
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsabor67 View Post
Jz,

Your car is very clean and set the way YOU like it. I'm a go fast guy, but I can definetly appreciate the work someone does on their car to make it the way YOU want it.

Your car is a "10" in my book.
Thanks man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkasteez View Post
love your ride, i personally like a mix between function and form but those ccws are so sex
Might turn this beast into a track setup once it is all said and done, but we'll see. Rolling in style is cheaper for me than tracking it every weekend.
Quote:
you and ianf2002 should get together and see who can run the highest possible rear offset.. +80 seems like something you might be interested in

this is what imagine people like you to look like

As opposed to JZ..
O wow... I don't have sexay grey hair though

05-31-2011, 08:12 AM   #51
1013mm
aka 1013MM
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: pokingly flush

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.26]
To those that are trying to comprehend my modding...

1. I find form is more visually appealing than function
Understand that I am a photographer, which makes me more of a visual guy than anything. Sure, track cars can look good too, but to me is it practical to drive a loud track car with a huge wing everyday? I don't think so. Yes, we can go into the argument that a track car doesn't have to be loud or have a large wing to be on the track, but let's be realistic here, it's all subjective. I am "driven" by looks. The car as it sits today, looks good to me.

2. I live in Southern California and I am of Asian decent
The JDM cues on my car come from my background influences. I didn't want it to be 100% Euro since I like to be multi-cultural. Living in Socal has given me plenty of influences. As I've said since the beginning, my BMW is somewhat JDM and I like that. I don't want to fall into that "BMW purist" or stereotypical newer generation modded BMW category. In case you were wondering what the stereotypical newer generation modded BMW looks like, it's basically mtech kit + replica wheels, and in the 1-series case, it's CSL style wheel. I can't beginning to even count how many threads I have opened up only to be disappointed to see a rather stock looking 1-series with some CSL replicas. That's fine with me if you like the look, I actually wouldn't mind running some CSL replicas, but I just don't want my car to look like everyone else's.

I've even went as far as to prove my point when I called out most of "Socal's Finest 135i" last year. Lot's have changed, but my thoughts on modding a 1-series hasn't. Everyone should have their own unique style...

Also being a car photographer and shooting so many BMW, I get tired of shooting the "same" car all the time. If you didn't notice by now, every time I shoot at a show/meet I only shoot the cars I like and that are unique. I don't shoot every single car there. Otherwise 75% of the photos will look the same due to the fact that ~75% of the cars that do attend are modded the same.

That being said, I'm an all around type of guy, I like American muscle classics, plenty of JDM, and even pure Euro. I am very open to all different types of styling cues, which is why I attend shows/meets of different makes/styles.

3. I go to shows/meets way more than the track
As I have already emphasized. Just wanted to add here that the large stickers/graphics on my car are on there due to the respect that I have towards my sponsors and supporters. I sport them during car show season which is about to calm down here in Socal due to summer. I do miss my clean look

4. I have less than 12,000 miles on this car in 2.3 years
I work and travel close to home, so what plenty of see as a "restrict" is not much to me. Sure, I have to angle my way out of driveways and avoid major dips/potholes, but that's "normal" to me especially when the freeways here are like mine fields. I still baby this car more than anything. I think the Vegas photos of my car really pushes that point home. The furtherest I've ever gone in this car was to Vegas which is 4 hours away from home. It's not to say I keep it in the garage all the time. Believe it or not it is daily driven. It's just not practical driving a coupe long distance, that's what SUVs and minivans are for.

To be 100% honest, I was very skeptical about driving my car to Vegas, but in the end it came out a winner.

With these few explanations I hope I cleared some confusion to the reasoning behind my 1-series and it's mods. In the end of the day, your car is for you to mod. The correct way to mod your car is to make yourself happy. Let's be real here, it's a pretty selfish world that we live in. I'm not trying to prove here that my car is the hottest thing since slice bread, since you can't really beat a nice piece of sliced bread with some butter or honey (or whatever topping your heart desires... see what I mean by subjectivity?) on top. Mmmm...

Last edited by 1013mm; 05-31-2011 at 08:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 09:15 AM   #52
dcho
Captain
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i

damn john, let the haters hate. i'll be blunt for you too - 1addicts is boring because most people have the same $hit. "new wheels and rubber today" = csl reps. but then you have people making their cars too.

i think the 1 series is interesting in the sense that it can be ugly from certain angles but beautiful from others. it takes time to learn and appreciate that and I think you've done everything through your mods and photography to eccentuate the best features of the car.

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 09:23 AM   #53
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
@JZ: Thoughtful and well written! Keep up the good work and I agree with you...dare to be different! BTW remember form can follow function if done right! Now get your butt to the East Coast so you can shoot some of our cars!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 09:46 AM   #54
tylerh269
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
@JZ: Thoughtful and well written! Keep up the good work and I agree with you...dare to be different! BTW remember form can follow function if done right! Now get your butt to the East Coast so you can shoot some of our cars!
EAST COAST.... FTW!!

p.s. JZ your my idol
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 01:26 PM   #55
HotSauce
Citizen Snips
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red 2009 BMW 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerh269 View Post
EAST COAST.... FTW!!

p.s. JZ your my idol
+1, JZ your car is one of my favorites on here and the only reason I got my wheels is because I loved how they looked on your car. Can't wait to see what you have next in store
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 05:13 PM   #56
HebbNH
Resident Cacodemon Expert
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 135i 6MT

Thought for sure you were getting rid of the car when I read the title. Glad you're just changing some things, can't wait to see what's next!
BMS JB4 | BMS DCI | ETS intercooler | ETS charge pipe | HKS SSQV III | CP-E downpipes | BMWP exhaust | P3Cars vent gauge | LUX V3 angel eyes | Weisslicht smoked LED sidemarkers | Blackline LCI taillights | Slek Designs front lip | BMWP grills | Seibon M3 hood | iCarbon CSL trunk | iCarbon rear diffuser | BMWP suspension | Yokohama Advan Neova AD08s | Work Brombachers - FLOSS edition | H&R spacers | TC Kline studs | Project Kics R40 lugs
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 06:02 PM   #57
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Alright,

Keep chuggin JDM guy, no worries, your car looks sweet, I just stated a few opinions before, never said anyone cant customize their ride to themselves thou. Schells posts were just lame is all..
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 06:15 PM   #58
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzhang View Post
In case you were wondering what the stereotypical newer generation modded BMW looks like, it's basically mtech kit + replica wheels, and in the 1-series case, it's CSL style wheel. I can't beginning to even count how many threads I have opened up only to be disappointed to see a rather stock looking 1-series with some CSL replicas. That's fine with me if you like the look, I actually wouldn't mind running some CSL replicas, but I just don't want my car to look like everyone else's.

This is the EXACT reason why I didnt go with Breyton's or any other CSL-style wheel. Everyone has them. I couldnt do that, and it kills me right now that my car is still bone stock. I can't drive a bone stock car around, nor can I mod it the same way everyone else does.

Keep doing what you are doing. Not everyone with a 135i needs to build it to be a track car. There are some people out there that like to focus on the show side of things.

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 06:23 PM   #59
competition
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F87 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by thez99 View Post
Alright,

Keep chuggin JDM guy, no worries, your car looks sweet, I just stated a few opinions before, never said anyone cant customize their ride to themselves thou. Schells posts were just lame is all..
Wait what? Now you're saying his car looks sweet? What happened to not replying to this thread anymore?

My posts were lame because I was calling you out?

Since you're such a function over form guy, what suspension mods do you have on your car?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 06:46 PM   #60
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by goeslikeschnell View Post
Wait what? Now you're saying his car looks sweet? What happened to not replying to this thread anymore?

My posts were lame because I was calling you out?

Since you're such a function over form guy, what suspension mods do you have on your car?
Man..let it go

I never said his car DIDNT look sweet, just gave my opinion on a form over function setup is all..you're the one that came in guns blazin. I happened over the thread again n saw the stuff he said later, decided to post again, so
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 06:46 PM   #61
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
In...
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 06:47 PM   #62
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
All you whores cramming popcorn...gimme sum
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 08:49 PM   #63
randomquickness
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996tt

can I haz some popcorn too? I always enjoy john's threads!
      06-01-2011, 12:21 AM   #64
competition
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F87 M2C

LOL you guys and your popcorn

Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 12:47 AM   #65
Makkasteez
1nt3n5ity
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

jz i want to shoot some day this summer man!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 02:30 AM   #66
derekL
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMDUBS

Garage List
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 128i  [6.96]
Haters gonna hatee! Glad you don't let people influence the final decisions about YOUR car!

Soo... anyways.... will we be seeing the new set anytime soon? and when is the next Socal meet? im down to any in the summer!!

|Shadowline Grills|Hotchkis Front Sway Bar|DIY CF Black Fabric Trim|Carbon Fiber Trunk Spoiler|Black O.Z Ultraleggeras|BMW Performance Exhaust|M-Sport Bumpers w/ Fogs|Shadowline Diffuser|CSR Eyelids|BMW Performance Shifter/Boot and Handbrake|AFE stage 2 intake|Koni FSD + Eibach Pro-kit|///M mirrors|Blackline LCI|
Appreciate 0