BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-07-2016, 08:32 PM   #199
Smiley1175
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmx View Post
I'm not convinced that they're genuine sellers if they truly believe the car is collectible. It's relatively rare, ok. But that doesn't equate to collectible status.

300 M2s were allocated for Australia initially too. Does that make it collectible?
I think you're right. As a current seller of a 1M (shameless plug here) I'm:
a) not really wanting to let go of the car
b) equally not sure what market value is as the variances in pricing is massive.

I figure some other sellers are possibly in the same situation, waiting for someone to approach them with some interest and see how things progress. Everything is open to negotiations.
You've just got to find the one you want.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2016, 09:37 AM   #200
T1M
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW MY12 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_01 View Post
If looking for a collectors car, I wonder if a mint condition E92 M3 may hold its value better than a 1M coupe.
Naturally aspirated BMW's have become a thing of the past, and the E92 M3 is the last of the breed.
They're way too common, even the competition pack 2012's, plus you've got the known bottom end issues meaning you've got to open up the engine and replace bearings before it grenades itself. I don't see them holding too well, and since the F80's price drop from BMW the e90/e92 used price dropped quite a bit.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2016, 08:08 PM   #201
imske3000
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1M
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_01 View Post
If looking for a collectors car, I wonder if a mint condition E92 M3 may hold its value better than a 1M coupe.
Naturally aspirated BMW's have become a thing of the past, and the E92 M3 is the last of the breed.
They're way too common, even the competition pack 2012's, plus you've got the known bottom end issues meaning you've got to open up the engine and replace bearings before it grenades itself. I don't see them holding too well, and since the F80's price drop from BMW the e90/e92 used price dropped quite a bit.
There are less manual E92 M3's for sale than 1Ms at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if a clean low km M3 would sell pretty quick. I've been watching the 1M market really closely, they aren't moving. 1 car has sold in the last 5 weeks on carsales. I am a motivated buyer but the sellers just won't move on price. I looked at one yesterday which was marked up and the guy wouldn't move on price I said in the shape it's in I couldn't justify the price he replied "if you want a really clean 1M you're paying $110k". I left it at that.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 01:28 AM   #202
asn993
asn993
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6m 1M conversion

Has anybody looked at or know history of high mileage VO on carsales in Melbourne? Just over $50k
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 03:29 AM   #203
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: The Dark Side VAG TDI Biturbo

Prices of thr 1m varied alot depending on condition. Most of the time the price reflect on the condition in the car.

Sorry unfortunately i cant help interms of the vo in melbourne. But good luck.
Now: BMW X5 F15 M50d
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 03:41 AM   #204
imske3000
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitan
Prices of thr 1m varied alot depending on condition. Most of the time the price reflect on the condition in the car.

Sorry unfortunately i cant help interms of the vo in melbourne. But good luck.
Ive been looking at 1Ms the last month and the price isn't based on condition, they are really all over the place.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2016, 10:03 AM   #205
T1M
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW MY12 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by imske3000 View Post
There are less manual E92 M3's for sale than 1Ms at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if a clean low km M3 would sell pretty quick. I've been watching the 1M market really closely, they aren't moving. 1 car has sold in the last 5 weeks on carsales. I am a motivated buyer but the sellers just won't move on price. I looked at one yesterday which was marked up and the guy wouldn't move on price I said in the shape it's in I couldn't justify the price he replied "if you want a really clean 1M you're paying $110k". I left it at that.
There are many 'motivated buyers' in many car markets who believe everything is overpriced and just message people low-balling left right and centre, expecting sellers to just drop their pants then get upset when sellers don't agree to large price drops. Happened when I sold my evo, happened when I sold my R36, happened when I sold my Golf R. As a seller, it's really annoying! The guy saying a clean example is 110K is clearly deluded or deliberately trying to mislead you, though.

The way I see it, most with 1M's don't need to sell, it's not their main car and they don't need the money. If you can't afford what they cost, there are other cheaper cars you can look into. 135s and 335s are equally tunable, with the 10-15K spent on one of those you can have a 400wkw car and still come out better off financially than buying a 1M.

Basically >60K kms is in the 60's, >35K kms is in the low to mid 70's, >20K kms high 70's and <20K kms 80K+ (all depending on options, most I'd suggest are pretty clean cars, as until now they have been too expensive to beat up on or modify cheaply).

When you say you "couldn't justify the price with the condition it's in" about that one car, what issues did it have? Every one I looked at was very clean cosmetically, I just wanted one that had comfort access and heated seats in Alpine white, which was hard to find (most do not have heated seats). I really wanted the performance buckets, but couldn't find one.

Last edited by T1M; 06-13-2016 at 10:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2016, 04:18 PM   #206
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1M View Post
There are many 'motivated buyers' in many car markets who believe everything is overpriced and just message people low-balling left right and centre, expecting sellers to just drop their pants then get upset when sellers don't agree to large price drops. Happened when I sold my evo, happened when I sold my R36, happened when I sold my Golf R. As a seller, it's really annoying! The guy saying a clean example is 110K is clearly deluded or deliberately trying to mislead you, though.

The way I see it, most with 1M's don't need to sell, it's not their main car and they don't need the money. If you can't afford what they cost, there are other cheaper cars you can look into. 135s and 335s are equally tunable, with the 10-15K spent on one of those you can have a 400wkw car and still come out better off financially than buying a 1M.

Basically >60K kms is in the 60's, >35K kms is in the low to mid 70's, >20K kms high 70's and <20K kms 80K+ (all depending on options, most I'd suggest are pretty clean cars, as until now they have been too expensive to beat up on or modify cheaply).

When you say you "couldn't justify the price with the condition it's in" about that one car, what issues did it have? Every one I looked at was very clean cosmetically, I just wanted one that had comfort access and heated seats in Alpine white, which was hard to find (most do not have heated seats). I really wanted the performance buckets, but couldn't find one.
Agreed. At the end of the day the car is worth what is one willing to pay.

With the higher Ks car it is their daily car which means it will have interior wear and tear however cars that are taken care of the interior will still be spotless regardless of the Ks. So at the end of the day it dpends what you are buying the car for ? Daily or just a weekender.

Fyi mine has all the options you wanted .
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2016, 02:35 AM   #207
gmx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

30k km MY12 AW listed at 69800, didn't last long at that price!

I don't think people buy 1M for straight line fasts. I've been there, done that.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 05:51 AM   #208
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Whats with 1m prices lately!!??
Appreciate 1
      06-23-2016, 06:14 AM   #209
imske3000
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmx
30k km MY12 AW listed at 69800, didn't last long at that price!

I don't think people buy 1M for straight line fasts. I've been there, done that.
That car was at Sydney Prestige, it's popped up again at Castle Hill Hyundai
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 09:10 AM   #210
gmx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imske3000 View Post
That car was at Sydney Prestige, it's popped up again at Castle Hill Hyundai
Yeah the salesmen told me it went to another dealer/wholesaler. That dealer messed up imo. I saw this car driven around in Chatswood 2-3 weeks ago which makes it weird too.

Receiving the same stick from most sellers and I told them Z4Ms are more pure and collectible esp since only a 1/3 of them in comparison to 1Ms were imported.
Doesn't matter to me, I can wait or head in another direction comfortably.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 08:57 PM   #211
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmx View Post
Yeah the salesmen told me it went to another dealer/wholesaler. That dealer messed up imo. I saw this car driven around in Chatswood 2-3 weeks ago which makes it weird too.

Receiving the same stick from most sellers and I told them Z4Ms are more pure and collectible esp since only a 1/3 of them in comparison to 1Ms were imported.
Doesn't matter to me, I can wait or head in another direction comfortably.
Which direction is that?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 04:44 AM   #212
Smiley1175
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

I bid farewell to mine today. There are serious buyers out there and a heap of fools.
I got messages which you just laugh at and let it go. I really don't understand what those idiots think will be the outcome of low balling or abusive texts.

It's been a great car, but time for something new.
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2016, 12:07 AM   #213
NFB091
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: Bmw 1M VO

Regarding the 1M at castle hill Hyundai, it isn't a bad car had some front end damage so who Evers looking at it make sure it's been painted up properly .
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2016, 09:45 PM   #214
gmx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitan View Post
Which direction is that?
Just get it done with an M2 as pricing is clear, or N/A stuff like 987 S or Z4M Coupe because there will be nothing like that ever again. Avoiding E46 torn subframes and SMG lameness...
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 12:54 AM   #215
tom_b
Rep
Drives: 130i (rip)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFB091 View Post
Regarding the 1M at castle hill Hyundai, it isn't a bad car had some front end damage so who Evers looking at it make sure it's been painted up properly .
I had to laugh when I read this.....

Had a look at this car on the weekend. Hadn't read this post prior to that but the first thing I did was run my hand under the front spoiler to see, not if, but how much it was scratched up underneath. Having owned a 130i and being aware of how easy they scratch up under there, I was surprised to find this one smooth as glass. I asked the salesman whether it had been painted recently and he assured me it had not.

Also a little ding and a scratch on the driver's side door as well as a gap between the diffuser and rear guard raised question marks.

It drove nicely though. I did find it somewhat annoying the lengths I had to go to extract a test drive out of them. I felt like I had to commit to buying the car before I drove it. I explained that I would also look at other cars as part of my buying process and was asked why on earth would you do that. Cause it's common sense I thought, but anyway......

Apparently two other potential purchasers during the week had to be content with being driven round the block as the dealer principle was not there to grant approval for a test drive.

Not really having dealt with Dealers with this kind of car though maybe it's understandable. Perhaps I should just relax
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 01:33 AM   #216
martymil
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: Garage is to big to list.

Yep that's castle hill for you, I was buying an jeep srt and they gave me a run around and told me there is a 3 month wait and the manager wasn't in for a test drive LOL

Same day I went to central coast jeep, test drove one and got one with a substantial discount which castle hill weren't even interested in discussing

Don't know how these dealers stay in business

Now I avoid them like the plague and you don't need to relax they are just dickheads
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 04:54 AM   #217
tom_b
Rep
Drives: 130i (rip)

Quote:
Originally Posted by martymil View Post
...............I avoid them like the plague and you don't need to relax they are just dickheads
I lol'd
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2016, 07:49 PM   #218
gmx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_b View Post
I had to laugh when I read this.....

Had a look at this car on the weekend. Hadn't read this post prior to that but the first thing I did was run my hand under the front spoiler to see, not if, but how much it was scratched up underneath. Having owned a 130i and being aware of how easy they scratch up under there, I was surprised to find this one smooth as glass. I asked the salesman whether it had been painted recently and he assured me it had not.

Also a little ding and a scratch on the driver's side door as well as a gap between the diffuser and rear guard raised question marks.

It drove nicely though. I did find it somewhat annoying the lengths I had to go to extract a test drive out of them. I felt like I had to commit to buying the car before I drove it. I explained that I would also look at other cars as part of my buying process and was asked why on earth would you do that. Cause it's common sense I thought, but anyway......

Apparently two other potential purchasers during the week had to be content with being driven round the block as the dealer principle was not there to grant approval for a test drive.

Not really having dealt with Dealers with this kind of car though maybe it's understandable. Perhaps I should just relax

I dropped by there about a month ago to check it out as I was working in the Norwest area, so why not?
I knew all about the car and lowballed the fuck out of the used car salesmen just to see what happened. He giggled, I laughed on my way out. I still laugh.

Despite the shitty service, very dodgy.. I'd just stay away. The group that had it advertised before don't exactly have a great reputation as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2016, 02:00 AM   #219
gmx
Lieutenant
Rep

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...AutoAlert;PCAA

Pretty interesting.
      12-04-2016, 04:11 PM   #220
Iceman21
Private First Class
Rep