BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
Nemco
Private
Rep
Drives: 135is #361/586

Another 135is Review (Autobytel)

I don't think this one has been posted yet:

http://www.autobytel.com/bmw/135/201...review-115791/

Last edited by Nemco; 04-22-2013 at 02:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 02:22 PM   #2
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Interesting. Sadly, it seems like you have to get about 8 pages in until you get an actual review since most of it is just telling you the specs and options and what's on there, though ultimately we're able to get a review similar to what the other say.

And yet, they don't include a single actual picture OF a 135is, just a stock red 135i that doesn't even have the m-sport package on it. =(

Good find though. I saw some local news station that had done a review, but it was a 1 minute review filled with misstatements of fact and specs, so wasn't worth much in the end.

As an aside Nemco, 1) how you liking the 313s and 2) what are your thoughts on mineral grey after having it for a bit now?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
Nemco
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post

As an aside Nemco, 1) how you liking the 313s and 2) what are your thoughts on mineral grey after having it for a bit now?
I have to say, the 313s make me LOVE the Mineral Grey now. The darker hue of the metal on the 313s, compared with the 261s, goes much better even though the style is very similar.
Attached Images

Last edited by Nemco; 04-22-2013 at 03:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #4
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009

"And yes, if you’d like, both the BMW’s DSC and Dynamic Traction Control can be disabled entirely."
And scream like a little girl as fly sideways backwards off the cliff!
I mean really! If you can drive the car at speed with the DSC off....you my good friend are either NUTS or a hell of a good driver!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #5
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemco View Post
I have to say, the 313s make me LOVE the Mineral Grey now. The darker hue of the metal on the 313s, compared with the 261s goes much better I think, even though the style is very similar.
Ooh, looking good! I feel the same way about the 313s which is why I shied away from titanium silver and space gray on the "is" since it contrasted and popped better with the mineral gray. Sorry to hijack your thread, just itchin' for mine in the final days.

By the way, to continue your pseudo "is" tranformation, aside from the performance exhaust and PPK 2, you might want to look into the carbon fiber side mirrors or see if possible to get the black "is" ones. I'll post pics of mine soon so you can see, though there are a few mineral grey "is" photos lurking around in a couple of posts.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #6
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah269 View Post
"And yes, if you’d like, both the BMW’s DSC and Dynamic Traction Control can be disabled entirely."
And scream like a little girl as fly sideways backwards off the cliff!
I mean really! If you can drive the car at speed with the DSC off....you my good friend are either NUTS or a hell of a good driver!
Not really. A hell of a lot easier to drive than a shifter kart. And those don't have any kind of driver assist nannies.

And to stay on topic, that article was pretty meh. Looks like they just read the Road and Track article and regurgitated most of it.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #7
Nemco
Private
Rep

Quote:
Ooh, looking good! I feel the same way about the 313s which is why I shied away from titanium silver and space gray on the "is" since it contrasted and popped better with the mineral gray. Sorry to hijack your thread, just itchin' for mine in the final days.

By the way, to continue your pseudo "is" tranformation, aside from the performance exhaust and PPK 2, you might want to look into the carbon fiber side mirrors or see if possible to get the black "is" ones. I'll post pics of mine soon so you can see, though there are a few mineral grey "is" photos lurking around in a couple of posts.
Thanks!! Carbon fiber mirrors are an interesting idea. The problem is its tough to know until they are on the car. I may actually prefer retro fitting the first gen mirrors if I were going to all the trouble.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #8
doublevanosrc
Loves his G20
Rep
Drives: 2020 330ix M sport

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
I have to say, the 313s make me LOVE the Mineral Grey now. The darker hue of the metal on the 313s, compared with the 261s, goes much better even though the style is very similar.
Just awesome looking!!

2020 330ix-Msport
Past-
2013 135i
2011 135i
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #9
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Thanks!! Carbon fiber mirrors are an interesting idea. The problem is its tough to know until they are on the car. I may actually prefer retro fitting the first gen mirrors if I were going to all the trouble.
Trust me, you DO NOT want the first generation side mirrors. Having had them, they were so poorly designed, I would get this awful wind whistling noise as soon as I got over 60mph. Was INCREDIBLY annoying and then I saw they soon re-designed them so I shouldn't have the same issue with a 2013 as I did with my 2008. I almost got the carbon fiber ones then to try to counteract it.

I think someone on here was or still is selling their CF mirrors for dirt cheap, like $100 or less, so you may want to check that out. I'm sure there are pics somewhere, too though probably not on a mineral grey. If anyone put on an older sparkling graphite, it would look very similar to mineral grey. You could always try to paint yours black and might look good since you have the black grille, as well.

Anyways, pics of your car with the 313s helps me get through the days...thank you!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #10
Nemco
Private
Rep

Quote:
Trust me, you DO NOT want the first generation side mirrors. Having had them, they were so poorly designed, I would get this awful wind whistling noise as soon as I got over 60mph. Was INCREDIBLY annoying and then I saw they soon re-designed them so I shouldn't have the same issue with a 2013 as I did with my 2008. I almost got the carbon fiber ones then to try to counteract it.

I think someone on here was or still is selling their CF mirrors for dirt cheap, like $100 or less, so you may want to check that out. I'm sure there are pics somewhere, too though probably not on a mineral grey. If anyone put on an older sparkling graphite, it would look very similar to mineral grey. You could always try to paint yours black and might look good since you have the black grille, as well.

Anyways, pics of your car with the 313s helps me get through the days...thank you!
My pleasure! Thanks for the tip on the older mirrors. Good to know.

One more for the road, using a flash, so looking a little more Space Grey:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0