BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-01-2012, 01:21 AM   #111
travisaus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

http://www.news.com.au/business/fitn...-1226379935467

Jindalee definately on the way out.
If sold there is no way they would let an independent trade with the FF name. They would have to honour your contract though.
If it was closed they would have to let you out of your contract.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 01:50 AM   #112
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

Any updates?

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 04:14 PM   #113
_Ryan_
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E87 130i

Garage List
2005 BMW 130i  [5.24]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
Joey I'm gonna need some help soon to design a workout plan to fit into the week with my running plan. I'd like some better upper body, purely visual rather than functional. Fuck all genetic potential to work with but would love to grow some outer delts and tri definition.
I hope this is the best troll ever. Not sure is srs.

Some good information here, my favorite resources.

To work out TDEE and macros I use: iifym.com
If you aren't yet an intermediate (i don't care if you just want bigger arms, you need to build solid foundations before you hang the art work): http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLi...Standards.html
Assuming you aren't yet intermediate and have read this far, try Starting Strength, books are here: http://startingstrength.com/index.php/site/products

Background- I've trained intermittently for a few years but health issues have stripped most of my mass off of me(20kgs, fail) and prevent me from training. I trained my brother for 10months as he wanted to add mass to step up at footy. 12kgs in 10months of LBM says it all.

Oh, for those who haven't been active and are getting back into it, invest in a foam roller. Use it daily, ask a PT at the gym or a physio (or youtube) how to use it.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 04:16 PM   #114
_Ryan_
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2005 BMW 130i  [5.24]
Quote:
Your body's performance is limited by your carbohydrate metabolism.
What if your metabolism is in a ketogenic state?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 04:57 PM   #115
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ryan_ View Post
Then your body's performance is limited by your Ketone metabolism :-)

Had quite a few detailed discussions with Lyle McDonald back when this was the latest (TKD, CKD, etc). After a couple of years I agreed with Lyle's end conclusions: stick to a balanced diet and you're better off.

I found Ketogenic dieting easy, I didn't get the brain fade most people do, although I've read the modem times you "go under" the quicker and easier your brain chemistry adapts.

For sure though, the best part of Ketogenic dieting is when you stop.

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 12:15 AM   #116
gazz
///Mbassador
Australia
Rep
Drives: The horse I fell off

How do you up your carbo' metabolism.
My mind and body have an antagonistic symbiotic relationship. Must be age but for me it takes a few klms to warm up and make the body realize that yes, we are going to do this whether you like it or not; then it seems to relent and we are good to go.
About to head out for a cycle now so come on you lazy bastard legs, and don't you laugh upper body, you're next in the gym.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 01:54 AM   #117
drjekl
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I know SFA about health and fitness other then maccas is no good for ya, minimise the late nights by staying off the beers, jacky d's & kebabs, and try to exercise often as practical (I play bball twice a week, walk my dogs everyday but im not 'fit' and my physique certainnly aint fooling anyone that I am either!)

Thus this has been an interesting informative read, and whilst I'm not that self absorbed that i would go to any extreme that you have, it does get one thinking perhaps we could make some easy lifestyle changes and dietary choices that would definitely improve things!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 01:58 AM   #118
Kirst
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BSM e82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjekl
I know SFA about health and fitness other then maccas is no good for ya, minimise the late nights by staying off the beers, jacky d's & kebabs, and try to exercise often as practical (I play bball twice a week, walk my dogs everyday but im not 'fit' and my physique certainnly aint fooling anyone that I am either!)

Thus this has been an interesting informative read, and whilst I'm not that self absorbed that i would go to any extreme that you have, it does get one thinking perhaps we could make some easy lifestyle changes and dietary choices that would definitely improve things!
To be honest I work in this industry and don't even follow most of what this thread has said advice wise
So you're ahead of me
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 03:43 AM   #119
Nugget
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring, GR Supra GTS

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
For weight training the Holy Grail is 300/400/500. That is Bench Press 300 lbs, Squat 400 lbs and Deadlift 500 lbs for one rep, assuming you are a well trained 5'9" 190 lb man. Allowing for my bodyweight that means my targets are:

Bench Press: 99kg
Squat: 132 kg
Deadlift: 165 kg

Let's just say I'm not threatening my targets just yet :-)
How are you adjusting these targets for bodyweight?
300/400/500 is my personal goal for 2014. Got a fair way to go, currently at 220/320/420, but I am also fairly large at 185cm and 95kgs.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 04:44 AM   #120
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Any updates?
Quote:
I hope this is the best troll ever. Not sure is srs.

Some good information here, my favorite resources.

To work out TDEE and macros I use: iifym.com
If you aren't yet an intermediate (i don't care if you just want bigger arms, you need to build solid foundations before you hang the art work): http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLi...Standards.html
Assuming you aren't yet intermediate and have read this far, try Starting Strength, books are here: http://startingstrength.com/index.php/site/products

Background- I've trained intermittently for a few years but health issues have stripped most of my mass off of me(20kgs, fail) and prevent me from training. I trained my brother for 10months as he wanted to add mass to step up at footy. 12kgs in 10months of LBM says it all.

Oh, for those who haven't been active and are getting back into it, invest in a foam roller. Use it daily, ask a PT at the gym or a physio (or youtube) how to use it.
Quote:
Quote:
Then your body's performance is limited by your Ketone metabolism :-)

Had quite a few detailed discussions with Lyle McDonald back when this was the latest (TKD, CKD, etc). After a couple of years I agreed with Lyle's end conclusions: stick to a balanced diet and you're better off.

I found Ketogenic dieting easy, I didn't get the brain fade most people do, although I've read the modem times you "go under" the quicker and easier your brain chemistry adapts.

For sure though, the best part of Ketogenic dieting is when you stop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazz View Post
My mind and body have an antagonistic symbiotic relationship. Must be age but for me it takes a few klms to warm up and make the body realize that yes, we are going to do this whether you like it or not; then it seems to relent and we are good to go.
About to head out for a cycle now so come on you lazy bastard legs, and don't you laugh upper body, you're next in the gym.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjekl View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWlady View Post
To be honest I work in this industry and don't even follow most of what this thread has said advice wise
So you're ahead of me

This thread is just tooooo funny with all these hyped up theories..

Google is your enemy, and not your friend.

I am a professional in this industry ,and have been training natural bodybuilders at a world level for the international stage for the past 10 years, and the only thing I can agree on, is stick to a balanced diet and you're better off.

Everything comes down to your genetic makeup.. The one thing you cant change.

Stick to basics people, and exercise and eat sensibly..

Last edited by Zuzu; 02-10-2014 at 08:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 05:05 AM   #121
_Ryan_
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2005 BMW 130i  [5.24]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post

I am a professional in this industry ,and have been training natural bodybuilders at a world level for the international stage for the past 10 years, and the only thing I can agree on, is stick to a balanced diet and you're better off.

Interesting that you include my quotes- so you would know that all of the target/program/movement links I provided have input from PhDs. Wouldn't you agree that for those who are time poor and just trying to keep their bodies healthy, a couple of sessions of compound movements per week is of benefit?

My stirring around ketogenic diets is because I was recommended to go on one by a professor for something unrelated to fitness.

I don't think anyone here is doubting that a balanced diet at calculated energy requirements is the recommended path.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 05:08 AM   #122
Moocow
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [9.00]
Quote:
THIS IS SPARTA

Man, I'm very impressed and I now feel like the laziest most toxic slob on the planet.

Kenny and Zuzu, what tips for the hardest part - motivation?
Only just seen this thread and read through the first 2 pages, thought I might share my journey.

When I was at Uni, 20 years ago (now 38) I weighed 78kg and was extremely fit, I was running, swimming, cycling, surfing, tennis, rock climbing daily. I left uni, got a job and exercise took a back seat. Years went by, got married, then had 2 kids and thats when the weight really got put on.
Back in November 2012, I cracked the shits as I was 94kg 182cm. I was running a couple of km on weekends but only when the conditions were perfect, as I was making every excuse under the sun to not do it. I was eating loads of bad foods.

I needed some kind of motivation. I got my sister (who was in the US at the time) to get me a Nike Fuelband. Basically it is a wristband that measures your physical activity. You set a daily goal, and the push of a button, it lights up to display your progress. You work out what your normal Nike Fuel measurement is, then up your goal, so in order to get your goal, you have to do more than you do normally to achieve it. Because its around your wrist the whole time, its a constant reminder to do more.

It is the catalyst to get fitter, you find yourself upping your goal and working harder to achieve it. You look at it at lunch time, and if you aren't 1/2 way there to your goal, you know that you have to work harder or you're not going to reach it. There have been plenty of times that I was sitting at home watching TV after dinner and was still short, so I'd get up and go do something to ensure that I get I goal. If I didn't have it, those extra getting off your arse sessions wouldn't happen. Instead of getting lunch and taking it back to the office and eating it there, you get a salad sandwich/roll and go for a 40 minute walk instead. Every little bit helps!!!! There is a great iPhone app for it, and you can compete with friends for even more motivation.

I found it to be a greater motivator, as i also got back into running, as running gains you more Nike Fuel points than anything else. I too used MapMyRun and when you see how many calories a 5km run burns, you start to think about what you are poking down your throat. Weight loss is just a maths game, if you want to eat that donut or chocolate bar, you need to work dam hard to burn it off, else it will get stored as fat. You want to loose weight fast, run, run, run, and stop eating bad foods. So I started running 3 times a week (every 2nd day), I built from 2-3km runs to the point where I was completing in a half marathon 8 months later. By that time, I had lost 15 kilograms within 8 months.

The only hassle with the Nike Fuelband - they are not available in Australia yet. You have to import it from the US.

Nike say not to swim with it, but you can shower with it etc. I actually swim with mine and haven't had any issues. They have released a second edition with is a bit more robust and has some added features.

So for anyone who struggles with motivation when it comes to fitness, I cannot praise the Nike Fuelband enough - It has changed my life, I now crave activity and go to the gym 4 days a week, play comp tennis 1 night a week, run around 15 km per week and have just got back into cycling. And I feel awesome! I'm back to my Uni weight, but I am built a lot bigger.

Hope my story has helped anyone with motivation issues. My chemistry teacher once told me "Excuse are like arseholes, everybody has one, and every bodies is full of it!"

Last edited by Moocow; 02-10-2014 at 08:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 06:16 AM   #123
david.orr
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:

Yup what he said.

I'm no bodybuilder and Joe hasn't offered to train me for worlds either but my simple rules are

'what you eat'
'how much you eat' and
'when you eat'

One should find this balance for himself/herself, perhaps guided by a qualified/trained pro. Following a set of rules or formulae devised and promoted by someone is pure folly, worse when you have to pay for them.

Last edited by david.orr; 02-10-2014 at 06:23 AM.. Reason: removed 'natural' from 'natural bodybuilder. i'm no bodybuilder, full stop :)
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 08:03 PM   #124
Nugget
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:

Why am I included in those quotes?
I just stated my weight lifting goals for the year.

I always found it hard to to exercise consistently, I would have sporadic bursts of activity following by long periods of inactivity.

About 2 years ago I bought a squat rack, barbell and weights and started following simple programs all based around basic barbell exercises.
I did around 18 months of Strong lifts 5x5 (then 3x5) and just finished 4 months of Wendlers 5/3/1 program.
It is the most consistent I have been with exercise ever. I think it comes down to simplicity and the fact it is easy to quantify and track. Plus it feels good

I recently started to throw in a bit more cardio but it actually makes me feel worse, hurts my knees and decreases how much and often I can lift.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 08:20 PM   #125
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
Why am I included in those quotes?
I just stated my weight lifting goals for the year.

I always found it hard to to exercise consistently, I would have sporadic bursts of activity following by long periods of inactivity.

About 2 years ago I bought a squat rack, barbell and weights and started following simple programs all based around basic barbell exercises.
I did around 18 months of Strong lifts 5x5 (then 3x5) and just finished 4 months of Wendlers 5/3/1 program.
It is the most consistent I have been with exercise ever. I think it comes down to simplicity and the fact it is easy to quantify and track. Plus it feels good

I recently started to throw in a bit more cardio but it actually makes me feel worse, hurts my knees and decreases how much and often I can lift.
Fixed.. I posted the reply on my phone and slipped up..

Its fantastic that you have found some consistency in your training.

A word of advice.. if your knees hurt from squating and leg pressing, reduce your weights by 40-60% and increase your reps to 20-25 and you will increase your growth/stamina and strength..have fun.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 08:42 PM   #126
Nugget
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Fixed.. I posted the reply on my phone and slipped up..

Its fantastic that you have found some consistency in your training.

A word of advice.. if your knees hurt from squating and leg pressing, reduce your weights by 40-60% and increase your reps to 20-25 and you will increase your growth/stamina and strength..have fun.
Knees only started to hurt when I started jogging and doing sprints. But will take your advice anyway, have been doing low reps/heavy weight for a fair while, time to mix it up.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 11:22 PM   #127
HecticX5
FULLY!
Australia
Rep
Drives: CLA 45 AMG

Simple uleh, hectic workout needs hectic food afterwards. Charcoal barbecued chicken and lamb shish kebabs accompanied with hummus on warm pita bread gets the job done. Thats why Edwin is afraid to defend me at basketball training, my muscular presence is intimidating uleh.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 11:55 PM   #128
Nugget
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HecticX5 View Post
Simple uleh, hectic workout needs hectic food afterwards. Charcoal barbecued chicken and lamb shish kebabs accompanied with hummus on warm pita bread gets the job done. Thats why Edwin is afraid to defend me at basketball training, my muscular presence is intimidating uleh.
Solid advice.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 12:08 AM   #129
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HecticX5 View Post
Simple uleh, hectic workout needs hectic food afterwards. Charcoal barbecued chicken and lamb shish kebabs accompanied with hummus on warm pita bread gets the job done.
^^ What our hectic bro said.. ^^
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 12:58 AM   #130
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
A few thoughts:

* Get younger. Oh wait ..
* Reduce bodyfat, increase muscle mass
* Optimise nutrition
* Train up your muscles

As I get older I am more thankful for what my body can still do and for what it doesn't do

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 12:59 AM   #131
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjekl View Post
Thus this has been an interesting informative read, and whilst I'm not that self absorbed that i would go to any extreme that you have
OK so you think I'm self absorbed.

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 01:01 AM   #132
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
How are you adjusting these targets for bodyweight?
300/400/500 is my personal goal for 2014. Got a fair way to go, currently at 220/320/420, but I am also fairly large at 185cm and 95kgs.
Using the sciences based estimating based in the books I linked previously in this thread. Like any clever ideas published about training for the mass audience, they aren't tailored to any individual.

Appreciate 0