BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-28-2021, 11:18 AM   #1
adeuel
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Oxford Green M5C

Manual sport seat electric functions help?

Long story short, last year swapped the original base seats in the 128i to e92 sport seats. That added electric lumbar and bolsters over the base seats, which I got wired up to work fine. However...

Extra ballasts made it feel like I was sitting even moreso "on" the car instead of "in" the car. Fast forward to this week...

I came across a full coral red interior with manual front seats that have electric bolsters and heat.

Swapped everything out, and no bolster and no heat functions working now.

One would think same pinout for heat and bolsters across all interchangable seats, but no. Funny thing is, heat worked from first swap, base to e92 sport, but heat doesn't work going back to e82 manual seat.

Anyone have some instructions or DIY for getting bolsters to work now?
Heat too, but not as important since I don't drive this in the winter.

BTW, the manual seats are the best OE mod ever. Feel much more connected to the car, and in a better seating position with a helmet on.

Thanks!

AD
Appreciate 0