BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-01-2010, 11:13 PM   #1
scott135i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Smile Feeler: Lease Assumption on 2008 135i (Auto) - Lowest Lease Price. Period.

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I am thinking about moving into Manhattan, NY which would require me giving up my car.

The car is pretty much loaded. See below.

The lease price is $404 a month, which includes tax in NY (in your state tax may be more or less which will change the payment) and it also includes a fully transferable Tire and Wheel warranty (with SafeGuard) which covers all wheels and tires and has no deductible. I've already had several tires replaced because of the awful roads by me. The tires on the car only have about 3k miles on them, maybe less and the fronts have more thread depth than the rears, obviously (I'll find the exact amount including tread depth).

The car is a 2008 135i, in Alpine White with Black Leather.

Options:
Steptronic with Paddle Shifters
Sport Package
Premium Package
Cold Weather Package
Navigation

This is a 'Year 1 of 1' 135i. The car has approximately 13,700 miles on it. Lease started 1/31/09 and is a 36 month lease terminating on 1/31/12. So, there are 25 months left. Originally I has 10k miles a year, for a total of 30k miles at lease end, but I bought an additional 4,000 miles because I drove the car more than I thought I would this past year. So, there is approximately 1000 miles on month, for 25 months left on the lease.

Current mods on the car:
JB3 v1.4, BMS DCI, and Magnaflow Axle-Back Exhaust.

I haven't heard of a better lease price on this car which had an MSRP of around $45k.

The car is a daily driver, is washed weekly and has been waxed several times over the past year. It has never been in accident, and is basically perfect. There is a small mark on the rear bumper (1/3 the size of a dime) and a scrape on the underside of the front bumper that is only visible if you get under the car. There is no front plate drilled, and I'm using the front plate bracket that screws into the front tow hitch.

The lease transfer fee of $500 is to be paid by buyer, in addition to a down payment which will be determined by the best offer I get. So, make me a fair offer and the car can be yours.

I have all the stock parts and plan on returning the car to stock before completing the lease transfer, unless you want me to leave the mods on and you want to pay me for them (an additional $650 on top of agree upon down payment and lease transfer fee). I will obviously also give you the stock exhaust and intake to be put back on at lease end. Car is located in Staten Island, NY. PM me if you are seriously interested and make me an offer.

Again, this is just a feeler. Not sure when and even if I'll be moving yet, but I'm strongly considering it. I will be back in NY in a few days and can send pictures then. I have some with me if you want to see them. Be sure to include your email in your PM as that is easier for me.

Appreciate 0
      01-01-2010, 11:16 PM   #2
scott135i
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Here are some recent pictures of my car with snow tires installed.

Fresh cleaned pictures to be posted in a few days when I return home.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332917
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2010, 06:15 PM   #3
illirep
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3

If you are willing to let the car go with zero down, I'll take it. I'll take care of the $500 assumption fee.

Gotta be honest, you are not going to find many people willing to put money down on a lease assumption. I would have maybe considered a small down payment if this was a manual car..

PM me and I'll give you my contact info. I'm in Central NJ a few times a month, so this can be a local and convenient transaction!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 09:00 AM   #4
onehungevo
Captain
Rep
Drives:

This is a great deal!! You won't find a better deal on a 1. I would jump all over this if I didn't already have a 1 series. I'm sure the guy put a bunch of money down to get the price to $400per month.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 03:15 PM   #5
scott135i
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by illirep View Post
If you are willing to let the car go with zero down, I'll take it. I'll take care of the $500 assumption fee.

Gotta be honest, you are not going to find many people willing to put money down on a lease assumption. I would have maybe considered a small down payment if this was a manual car..

PM me and I'll give you my contact info. I'm in Central NJ a few times a month, so this can be a local and convenient transaction!!!

I already have a handful of offers from people that are willing to put money down because the lease price is so low. I am still open to offers.

And so everybody knows... the monthly price of $404 includes both tax and tire/wheel warranty(which was $31 a month). So, without the tire and wheel warranty, and without tax, the base monthly payment is around $340, just to put things into perspective.
Appreciate 0