BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-30-2010, 03:09 PM   #1
dieselmitchell
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i M

Garage List
2010 BMW 135i  [0.00]
WHERE can i get E0 (non ethanol) gas?

Hey all
I live in central new jersey in the Belmar area of Monmouth county and I am having a ridiculously hard time finding ethanol free gas. Does anyone know where I can buy some E0 gas locally? This is getting to be very frustrating so any help is much appreciated. Even if the places you know about aren't super close please let me know of anything you do. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2010, 05:32 PM   #2
dieselmitchell
Private
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 135i  [0.00]
well i have found it in other areas of the u.s. but just not around where i live... i have read though that BMW recommends using E0 (non ethanol) gas in the N54 engine because problems may arise in the turbos due to continued use of ethanol blended petro. furthermore, ive also read that using e10 decreased fuel economy anywhere from 10-15% which sucks plus, i have heard that E0 produces a slight power edge over E10, but i have yet to find substantial data supporting this last assertion. the former two assertions of BMW recommendation and fuel economy are true however... therefore am trying to figure out where i can get 100% petro
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2010, 06:21 PM   #3
dieselmitchell
Private
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 135i  [0.00]
i agree with everything you said track... the edge of e0 over e10 is slight at best in pure performance terms. also it makes sense what you mentioned about the HPFP; seems like BMW engaging in anus protectus; though i am not entirely sure that was the only reason BMW suggested that E0 is better for the N54, but it may be. i will have to research this a bit further. however, it seems like i am going to have to break my back to find e0 in my immediate area so i will most likely be filling up with 93 e10... on that note, i just got into a 2010 135i and was wondering what e10 gas folks out there have found to provide the greatest performance. i have heard shell v-power is one of the best... any thoughts?
      02-12-2010, 06:11 AM   #4
jkp1187
Unindicted co-conspirator
United_States
Rep
Drives: to work, mostly.

Don't know how far you are from the border, but it is the law in Pennsylvania that any gas station using ethanol has to have a sticker on each pump indicating that ethanol is present. Out near Pittsburgh (assuming everyone's following the law,) the stickers seem to come off during the summer and back on during the winter. I know a couple of stations that seem to follow this pattern. The closest one to me is Shell, which is also a "top tier" fuel, so I try to patronize them as much as possible.

Again, assuming everyone is properly following the law....might want to see what you can find in Pa.
Appreciate 0