BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-12-2016, 04:46 PM   #45
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtsk View Post
Matter fact, I'm gonna drive it this weekend.
I'll give you a full report afterwards.
Saturday is suppose to be 68 and sunny.
Yes! This is the right thing to do. I've never driven one, but with all I've read and heard, you're going to love the 1M. Good decision. As a car enthusiast, especially if you love the 1 series, you owe yourself this!

Last edited by Esteban; 04-12-2016 at 06:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 06:16 PM   #46
Drtsk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80C,GT4,C4GTS,CT4-BW,MK8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Yes! This is the right thing to do. I've never driven one, but with all I've read and heard, you're going to love the 1M. Good decision. As a car enthusiast, especially if you love the 1 series, you owe yourself this!
Not expecting much.
Greater the expectation, the greater the disappointment.
I'll give u my full report afterwards.

I've driven so many crazy fast cars over the yrs. that I am looking for something that will grab my soul. 0 to 60, skidpad, lap time, etc ... none of that is important to me. This is the reason, in recent weeks, that I have enjoyed driving the GTI and 135 more so than other cars. Sometimes imperfect is more attractive (Only in cars and not girls).

Here is the pic of the GTI.

http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/th...xff8.jpeg.html
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 02:54 AM   #47
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtsk View Post
Not expecting much.
Greater the expectation, the greater the disappointment.
I'll give u my full report afterwards.

I've driven so many crazy fast cars over the yrs. that I am looking for something that will grab my soul. 0 to 60, skidpad, lap time, etc ... none of that is important to me. This is the reason, in recent weeks, that I have enjoyed driving the GTI and 135 more so than other cars. Sometimes imperfect is more attractive (Only in cars and not girls).

Here is the pic of the GTI.

http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/th...xff8.jpeg.html
If you've done any reading in the 1M forum, you'll see that what they talk about most is the way the 1M feels, as opposed to numbers. Raw and visceral. Again, if you like the 135i, I think you'll be more than pleasantly surprised with the 1M.

Nice looking GTI your son's got there and I'm sure a lot of fun. Very practical as well. Good all-around car. He is a lucky guy.
      04-27-2016, 12:07 PM   #48
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Silver 135 DCT

Acura TRD?

Saw a Acura TL (2010?) with a TRD badge......seriously stupid! She (although I'm sure it was the boyfriend/husband who put it on) should at least faked it with some sort of Honda badge. I'm not sure how well Honda & Toyota parts mix.......
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 09:45 AM   #49
RighteousDevil
Rep
Drives: MBM N54 E82 ///M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
BTW, an ///M license plate frame is permitted by the Car Gods. No sacrilege here.
I have an ///M plate carrier, de-badged otherwise, I figured it would match well with the factory installed ///M badges all over the car. Glad to see I was inline with appeasing others.

In all honesty, I don't worry about what some fool did to his/her car. Not my worry and or problem. I find it rather funny most of the time anyway. (There are either some truly clueless folk out there or just plain trolls.)
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 10:22 AM   #50
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocklanders View Post
Gave him the thumb down flapping lips greeting. So if you frequent this forum I just wanted to say 1890 called "You don't have an M" ...STOP!!!!!
Well that's a little harsh imo...
Appreciate 0