BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-29-2008, 11:59 PM   #1
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: women crazy

Blue Tooth extra option?

Blue tooth is not standard option in 128i/135i?

I saw the phone symbol on the steering wheel but i was told i have to pay extra for bluetooth to work. Anyone have enough on this?

The 1 Brouchure is not that great, very deceiving....
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2008, 12:16 AM   #2
GMT II
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: I ride the bus.

The phone button is standard; the actual feature is not. :wink:

It is bundled in the US with the BMW assist option and cannot be ordered by itself. There is a DIY floating around of a possible retrofit but you would have to do it yourself.

6MT / ZPP / ZSP / Nav / Prem. Hi-Fi / Sirius / CA / Heated Seats (you keep the ski bag) / Park Dist. / HD Radio (because it was free)
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2008, 12:50 AM   #3
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep

I love the 1 series (only car in the 30-40K range thats nice looking) but its BS how BMW has so many "if you want this, you need to add that" options
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2008, 01:08 AM   #4
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
While we're on this topic, does anyone know if I don't continue my BMW Assist Service, will I still be able to use my bluetooth?

I got BMW Assist mainly for bluetooth and my phone; it would stink if I had to keep a subscription to BMW Assist to keep my bluetooth functionality.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2008, 03:36 PM   #5
GMT II
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: I ride the bus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
While we're on this topic, does anyone know if I don't continue my BMW Assist Service, will I still be able to use my bluetooth?

I got BMW Assist mainly for bluetooth and my phone; it would stink if I had to keep a subscription to BMW Assist to keep my bluetooth functionality.
You keep the BT option regardless of your BMW assist subscription.

FYI, BMW does us a favor at the end of the day by bundling things into packages. It would be far more expensive to have to order everything on an individual basis. The vast majority of BMWs in the US are ordered with prem + cold weather. This lets them install elements of the packages in every car. For instance, parts of the BT phone module are in every car whether you order it or not; same deal with the alarm.

6MT / ZPP / ZSP / Nav / Prem. Hi-Fi / Sirius / CA / Heated Seats (you keep the ski bag) / Park Dist. / HD Radio (because it was free)
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2008, 07:45 PM   #6
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT II View Post
You keep the BT option regardless of your BMW assist subscription.

FYI, BMW does us a favor at the end of the day by bundling things into packages. It would be far more expensive to have to order everything on an individual basis. The vast majority of BMWs in the US are ordered with prem + cold weather. This lets them install elements of the packages in every car. For instance, parts of the BT phone module are in every car whether you order it or not; same deal with the alarm.
True, but on the other hand, you should be able to mix and match options if you wish like they can in Europe. I know it CAN be more expensive, but in this case it would be cheaper to be able to order BT without BMW Assist. I know I would, since I didn't want to pay $750 for just what I'd be using, BT.

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 11:34 PM   #7
jmexx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

BMW Assist reduced my insurance a tad so it all balanced out. I told the nice insurance people that it's like On Star and BAM, saved my self some moula.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 10:17 PM   #8
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep

If you get BMW Assist and the 4 years run out but you dont renew will the Blue Tooth still work?

Logic tells me yes but then again BMW could be sneaky sneaky
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2008, 12:44 AM   #9
2K2 DNA
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i

Bluetooth is not a service, its technology that's installed in the car. Functionality will not be disrupted if Assist is not renewed.