BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-23-2010, 09:26 AM   #1
Jon.
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 125i

bmw performance parts

Hey guys,

I recently purchased a bmw 125i and I was looking at a few of the bmw performance parts. If I wish to add say the carbon fiber front splitter, spoiler and diffuser, can I just buy these parts off my bmw dealer and ask them to install it?

Or would I had to have included these parts in my order? And now I have to buy OEM aftermarket parts and get them install somewhere else?

I just want to obtain these parts and want to know how from some of my fellow Aussies.

Thank you for your time!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2010, 04:21 PM   #2
Richard135i
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: .

G'day and Welcome,

When it comes to BMW Performance parts, stay away from Aussie Dealers aka Stealers as they charge 3-4 times more than the US Dealers. There is 2 brillant and easy ways to order your Splitter, Spoiler and Diffuser. If you want to stay with all BMW Performance parts then contact Dan@United who you can find on 1addicts or if you don't mind non BMW Perf CF Parts but still want that quality then contact iCarbon. Either way they both offer brillant products with brillant service.

I have the BMW Performance Spoiler and the iCarbon CF Diffuser you can't tell they are from different companies.

Enjoy your car when it arrives and once again welcome to the community.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2010, 04:38 PM   #3
chappy
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 M-SPORT COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon. View Post
Hey guys,

I recently purchased a bmw 125i and I was looking at a few of the bmw performance parts. If I wish to add say the carbon fiber front splitter, spoiler and diffuser, can I just buy these parts off my bmw dealer and ask them to install it?

Or would I had to have included these parts in my order? And now I have to buy OEM aftermarket parts and get them install somewhere else?

I just want to obtain these parts and want to know how from some of my fellow Aussies.

Thank you for your time!
You can order them from out beloved bmw dealers if you want to throw thousands of dollars away there are plenty of places in the usa and uk to buy bmw oem performance bits just do a bit of reading through this forum and e90 forum /
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Very cheap just find the part number and enter in the search box. Great prices i use them a lot.

http://www.bmminiparts.com/Home.aspx Toby is a great guy had heaps of stuff bought from them this uk site and a lot of guys go here.

http://www.ecstuning.com/
Another usa site just had a dci intake delivered last week very good service

That just a few.
      10-23-2010, 10:01 PM   #4
Jon.
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thank you very much for the responses! I am really glad I asked you guys before I went off to call my dealers. Saved me quite a bit it seems! Thanks a bunch for all the store recommendations.

Ordering these parts would mean I'd have to install them personally right? If it's not too much trouble could some Sydney people recommend some places to help me install these parts? I've never really tried doing things like this and I wouldn't want to ruin a part or my car for that part. Oh and also, since say teh diffuser would be over a thousand, would this mean I'd have to pay a fee to the customs?

Last edited by Jon.; 10-23-2010 at 10:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2010, 10:58 PM   #5
Brian@EWS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: deciding...

Hi Jon,

Please let me know if you wish to purchase iCarbon products. European Wheel Source (EWS) is iCarbon exclusive dealer in Australia. We can guarantee best pricing as well as best quality products for your 125i . Besides the BMW performance side skirts, imo i don't think there are anything else worthy to spend big bucks on in the BMW performance parts.

You can see our iCarbon Group Buy thread in Australia forum, the group buy ends today but we are taking pre orders from members for up coming products. You should be able to find all photos and info from the link to our thread below.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=433488

Cheers,

Brian@EWS
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2010, 11:07 PM   #6
Brian@EWS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thank you very much for the responses! I am really glad I asked you guys before I went off to call my dealers. Saved me quite a bit it seems! Thanks a bunch for all the store recommendations.

Ordering these parts would mean I'd have to install them personally right? If it's not too much trouble could some Sydney people recommend some places to help me install these parts? I've never really tried doing things like this and I wouldn't want to ruin a part or my car for that part. Oh and also, since say teh diffuser would be over a thousand, would this mean I'd have to pay a fee to the customs?
We currently have 1 diffuser left in the GB at $950 + domestic shipping ($50-$80 to major cities).

Yes if you purchase parts from overseas value over $1000 AUD, you will have to pay for international shipping (at least $300 for diffuser), custom duty (10%) and GST (Another 10% on top)

As for installation, we can provide you with DIY guide and video. They shouldn't be too difficult. For Melbourne members i would recommend Andrew@SouthernBM for installation, best bloke you can get when it comes to your BMW. Unfortunately i don't personally know anyone as good as Andrew in Sydney.

Cheers and happy modding,

Brian@EWS
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2010, 12:28 AM   #7
Jon.
First Lieutenant
Rep

That is so tempted, but I think I'll wait out a bit longer before I begin my purchases. I want to let my wallet rest a bit first, but I will definitely keep iCarbon in mind. Whenever I decide to purchase and decide on iCarbon, I will definitely contact you Brian. Thanks again for the help!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2010, 01:24 AM   #8
Brian@EWS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That is so tempted, but I think I'll wait out a bit longer before I begin my purchases. I want to let my wallet rest a bit first, but I will definitely keep iCarbon in mind. Whenever I decide to purchase and decide on iCarbon, I will definitely contact you Brian. Thanks again for the help!
No worries Jon! I'm more than happy to help out when time comes!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2010, 07:50 AM   #9
aws
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 125i

Garage List
2008 135i  [1.00]
iCarbon Diffuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian@EWS View Post
We currently have 1 diffuser left in the GB at $950 + domestic shipping ($50-$80 to major cities).

Yes if you purchase parts from overseas value over $1000 AUD, you will have to pay for international shipping (at least $300 for diffuser), custom duty (10%) and GST (Another 10% on top)

As for installation, we can provide you with DIY guide and video. They shouldn't be too difficult. For Melbourne members i would recommend Andrew@SouthernBM for installation, best bloke you can get when it comes to your BMW. Unfortunately i don't personally know anyone as good as Andrew in Sydney.

Cheers and happy modding,

Brian@EWS
Brian,
If this is still available, I am interested in purchasing. Please confirm?
Appreciate 0