BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #23
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46m3

Ok now I go onto is a hopped gt, laguna, boss, gt500 going to beat a 135i.... ok so hear is my 2 cents on comparing a 135i to my ford I just bought. ... they are 2 completely different cars... the 135 weighs less and is f/i to where the 302 is na...but the 302 has gobbs of power...and one thing I have learned overtime that hp is a way to sell cars ...high power looks great on paper but if the dive r can't handle it whats the point. .. but on the flip side is I didn't want to be limited on power meaning I didn't want to buy a low hp car then get to its max driving potential then have to sink a bunch of money into the motor.. my e46 m3 had a lot more power then the miatas but there where times when a great driver that was behind the wheel of a miata and flew by me in the tunrs like I was standing still...

Ok so why I choose to go with ford.. with my susp setup im am running 315/30/18 nt01 on each corner with 0 issues. .. from the factory it makes 400+ hp with neck snapping trq and ford actually detunes the new 5.0 for damage control so there is alot more power available if I decide I get board..I was amazed at how much more affordable parts were. ..for example I bought a full brake cooling kit from ford racing.. plates, hoses etc for just over 200 $ plates alone for my m3 were 300 $ then cf scoops were another 300 etc...you get the point.. not every thing is made from garbage cf..

My ford is under warranty for at minimum 6years... (please dont go into warranty issues having to do with modded cars as that subj has been beat to death) also ford racing offers actuall race parts that you couldn't buy for bmw..boss laguna seca splitter that ties into the actual chassis..facttory "x" support, ford racing has the lower fascia for the brake cooling. ..bmw does not...you have to mod the "tire coolers" and the list keeps going. .I like how ford racing has an actual race program where the exact same parts that are used on their "full race cars" are actually available to the consumer where bmw has nothing offered from their race program. ..tell me a part that is available from RLL factory z that runs in the alms series. ...

Ok so in conclusion I will tell you what I miss...at the end of tye day my track car is still a mustang. ..they are cheap and 90% of people who buy them end up trashing them. . And most that are on the road are the most hideous cars... most mustang owners will never put quality parts on them and when was tye last mustang you saw a stang running a 3pc wheel... they are a dime a dozen and we all know the bmw carries a timless classy look...a 1990 mustang compared to a 1990 m3...well enough said...I miss my m3 and at times wish I would have stuck with bmw...but pound for pound the new 5.0 was something I just had to try...and I look forward to getting my ace handed to me by new m3 , miatas etc...but I als9 look forward to giving my bmw friends a run for their money
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #24
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Also sorry for the grammar issues...I did my little rant on my phone
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #25
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
My car beat X car at the track isn't a good measure of much. You are most likely comparing drivers. I have passed e92 m3's and corvettes, yet have been passed by spec miatas with great drivers... So the spec miata must be the fastest car.... ?

Boss 302 is a solid car out of the box and in my opinion a better starting point than a 135i for track duty.
.I agree sir
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 01:17 PM   #26
Groundpilot
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135I DCT , e92 M3 DCT, Audi A6

Every car has issues. 135i has issues just like every other car if you want to track it. I am sure your new ride will need some mods to adress it as well.
I personally never had limp mode issues in 135i, no oil cooler here, but i have bigger intercooler and n55 engine is less prone to overheatting.
Having said that, i hope you are happy with your new ride and good luck.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #27
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundpilot View Post
Every car has issues. 135i has issues just like every other car if you want to track it. I am sure your new ride will need some mods to adress it as well.
I personally never had limp mode issues in 135i, no oil cooler here, but i have bigger intercooler and n55 engine is less prone to overheatting.
Having said that, i hope you are happy with your new ride and good luck.
Thank you sir...and lets be honest if the 1m was 20k less...well I would have never even looked at ford.... who knows after a few years I might end up not liking the ford and go another direction. ..the perfect car for me is tye 997 gt3 but that price tag is out of reach

Life is to long to always drive the same car...
Appreciate 0