BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-20-2009, 08:52 PM   #1
janus77
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 125i coupe

Sydney roads after all the rain.

one word: POTHOLE!

It's so ugly out there, anyone else noticing a lot more holes in the road after all the rain we've had the last few months?

There's a monster on the 3rd lane from the left heading north across the harbour bridge, they're everywhere, feels like i'm going to break a wheel.
      07-20-2009, 10:14 PM   #2
CT135
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
2009 135i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by janus77 View Post

It's so ugly out there, anyone else noticing a lot more holes in the road after all the rain we've had the last few months?

There's a monster on the 3rd lane from the left heading north across the harbour bridge, they're everywhere, feels like i'm going to break a wheel.
yeah there were a few on my daily drive from Forestville to North Ryde, but luckily they have all been filled. I know - Amazing!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2009, 10:24 PM   #3
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by janus77 View Post

I went STRAIGHT through this on my way home from work this afternoon. Flu has hit me...then the pothole hits me!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2009, 11:34 PM   #4
Kris
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: m3

Councils gave up repairing roads a long time ago in Sydney. I still cant believe we have concrete roads, they are fucking pathetic.

The harbour bridge, unbelievable. A friggin goat track - I hate sydney roads with a PASSION!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2009, 11:44 PM   #5
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
Councils gave up repairing roads a long time ago in Sydney. I still cant believe we have concrete roads, they are fucking pathetic.

The harbour bridge, unbelievable. A friggin goat track - I hate sydney roads with a PASSION!
I have to disagree. The shithole that was Collaroy/Long Reef was fixed a few months ago. I remember the CONSTANT 'Ku-chunk, ku-chunk, ku-chunk" going over those damn concrete blocks.

But I do agree. Sydney roads suck.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2009, 05:35 PM   #6
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Similar problems happened in Bris Vegas a month or so ago when we had a few weeks of big downpours.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2009, 08:13 PM   #7
wkthyk
wkthyk
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i Coupe - Sedona Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post

Agree that Councils really run out of funding to fix roads, and obtaining night work approval from DECC is making night road work even harder.

Using concrete pavement here becoz of the high % of heavy vehicles usage and concrete regid type pavement will give almost a double of service life compare to asphalt/bituman flexi type pavement. If councils using flexi type pavement for local roads, then you will see repaving roadwork every night, which could be even worse.

Harbour Bridge... well they should rebuild it long time ago. See the "jumpform" under the bridge? it does the repair from one to the other end, and keep repeating. The repairs on the bridge will never end...

I hate Sydney Road too, and they will be hardly improved. The gov just wasted too much money on unneccessary things.

09 BMW135i ; 06-09 Mazda RX8 ; 05-06 Honda City Turbo II ; 03-05 Nissan Skyline R33 GTS25T 4-Door Nismo limited Version ; 01-02 Nissan Silvia S13 ; 99-01 Nissan Skyline R31
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 07:15 PM   #8
Swift135
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 330d, M3 DCT E92

The attempt to fix pot holes near where I live is pathetic, I have had the joy of watching a repair in progress. Truck moves slowly along road with idiot standing in the back, stop at pothole, idiot pours warm tar into hole then throws a shovel of gravel on top, truck drives back and forward over mess a few times and off to next pothole. For the following hours every car driving over "repair" picks up all the gravel and tar and sprays it over a 10m area, by next day pothole has appeared again possibly even deeper than the day before.
      07-22-2009, 07:27 PM   #9
wkthyk
wkthyk
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i Coupe - Sedona Red

Actually. if cars are damaged by these pot holes, like tire punched or shocks damage, would the council pay for the repair? I got my skyline long time ago, the HKS coilovers damaged because of these unexpected holes, plus the wheel also slightly bended.... =___=" Anyone get similar experience?

09 BMW135i ; 06-09 Mazda RX8 ; 05-06 Honda City Turbo II ; 03-05 Nissan Skyline R33 GTS25T 4-Door Nismo limited Version ; 01-02 Nissan Silvia S13 ; 99-01 Nissan Skyline R31
Appreciate 0