BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-18-2008, 10:28 AM   #1
Lax1bmw
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1999 E36 M3

Time to chime in and extend a thank you.....

First off, I want to thank everyone for alleviating my boredom at work for the past month or so. This forum is quite informative and validated my very very impulsive purchase.

Back in mid-march some friends and I decided to go check out the new M3 at Open Road BMW (which is horrible might I add). I had no intention of getting a new car as I was pretty set on locating an e36 M3. Long and behold, a pristine 135i was right smack in the middle of the showroom, strategically located before the M. I was pretty blown away --the pics I saw previously left me unimpressed, but in person...:thumbup:

After frustrating negotiations with the Open Road, I decided to search for deals elsewhere. I ended up going with Rallye over in Long Island --best deal and superior customer service.

During and after my impulsive purchase, I found this forum to provide much needed moral support and justification of purchase. So once again, thank you to all and I am anxiously waiting for "Beyonce" to hurry on home.

P.S. - Anyone other 1er's or potential 1er's in NYC? I have yet to see one on the road.

Jet Black / Coral Red / Gray Poplar
6speed - Sports - Ipod - Heated seats for the cold and lonely nights.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 10:33 AM   #2
Dave
formerly izzo/comeback
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 RC 350 F Sport

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lax1bmw View Post
First off, I want to thank everyone for alleviating my boredom at work for the past month or so. This forum is quite informative and validated my very very impulsive purchase.

Back in mid-march some friends and I decided to go check out the new M3 at Open Road BMW (which is horrible might I add). I had no intention of getting a new car as I was pretty set on locating an e36 M3. Long and behold, a pristine 135i was right smack in the middle of the showroom, strategically located before the M. I was pretty blown away --the pics I saw previously left me unimpressed, but in person...:thumbup:

After frustrating negotiations with the Open Road, I decided to search for deals elsewhere. I ended up going with Rallye over in Long Island --best deal and superior customer service.

During and after my impulsive purchase, I found this forum to provide much needed moral support and justification of purchase. So once again, thank you to all and I am anxiously waiting for "Beyonce" to hurry on home.

P.S. - Anyone other 1er's or potential 1er's in NYC? I have yet to see one on the road.

Jet Black / Coral Red / Gray Poplar
6speed - Sports - Ipod - Heated seats for the cold and lonely nights.

welcome!
i am in nyc (midtown)... and yet to see one around here...but get lots of looks/ and comments from the m5, 6 series and 335i owners in my neighborhood.

Once you get yours we should meet up in nyc..
otherwise i usually set up jersey meets

nice name for the 1!

what is your eta?
      04-18-2008, 10:34 AM   #3
Dave
formerly izzo/comeback
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 RC 350 F Sport

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.80]
ps do you know how impossible it is to find a hose in nyc to wash your car?

we should have a wash and greet asap...

that is if you have hoses in staten island haha...
      04-18-2008, 10:47 AM   #4
Lax1bmw
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1999 E36 M3

Thanks Izzo,

I like to stay with the B's when naming cars. My x's included Betty, Bertha, Belinda. So Beyonce was the obvious next choice for me.

My CA said the car should be here in a couple of weeks. According to 1800 line which I have on speed dial, "B" is at the port in Germany waiting for pilgrimage.

Hoses are plentiful in Staten Island --will let you know as soon as she arrives. I sure hope you have your 1er snuggly fit in a garage --you know how crazy NYC parking can be.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 11:21 AM   #5
pinksnyper
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Beyonce LOL
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 02:00 PM   #6
Crowley
Major
Rep
Drives:

Congrats !

Crowley

The last words on the powerplant should go to a clearly overwhelmed Hormazd Sorabjee, editor and publisher of Autocar India: “There is something simply magical about BMW’s in-line six. It has a creamy smoothness that makes velvet feel like sandpaper.”
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 08:41 PM   #7
Jackdaws
Private
Rep
Drives:

Welcome to the Club. This forum is a great resource and the members' car knowledge is amazing. I'm just happy I found and ordered my car last December even without the many benefits of this great forum. It's always entertaining!
Appreciate 0