BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-02-2015, 09:07 PM   #1
Yeineken
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i M Sport

Garage List
'11 135i  [8.20]
'16 Ford Hatchback  [0.00]
'15 X5  [10.00]
Thumbs down SOS Error w/ Heater On

Monday while driving to work I noticed i was running at 250 temp so I decided to put the heat on half way and crack the windows to bring the temp back down some. After about 20 minutes the SOS/Bluetooth disabled came on. I did some searching about it when I got to work and just seemed to be a glitch. So I ignored it.

Today I was driving home and noticed it was at 250 temp again so I did the same procedure to bring the temp back down. 20 mins later I get the same SOS/Bluetooth error. I turned the heater fan off. After half hour the error goes away and I get static for a second through the stereo and then all is well.

Whats up with this? Is it possible that the heat coming through the dash is getting a component too hot? Also I can still use the radio. Select channels and still gets signal, just no sound.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2015, 07:50 PM   #2
Yeineken
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
'11 135i  [8.20]
'15 X5  [10.00]
Bump
      04-04-2015, 09:54 PM   #3
drewster99
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1 SERIES

Are you turning the heat on when the oil gauge is at 250? Or do you have a separate coolant gauge that's running at 250? The gauge on the dash is for oil not coolant, and I could be wrong but I don't think turning the heat on will cool down the oil.
Appreciate 1
      04-04-2015, 09:56 PM   #4
Yeineken
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
'11 135i  [8.20]
'15 X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewster99
Are you turning the heat on when the oil gauge is at 250? Or do you have a separate coolant gauge that's running at 250? The gauge on the dash is for oil not coolant, and I could be wrong but I don't think turning the heat on will cool down the oil.
Yes oil. And reading the oil gauge on the dash. People that track their cars suggest running the heater as it uses engine bay heat.
      04-06-2015, 04:33 PM   #5
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeineken View Post
Yes oil. And reading the oil gauge on the dash. People that track their cars suggest running the heater as it uses engine bay heat.
I've heard that too, seems legit
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 09:55 PM   #6
6MT_Addict
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 135i M Sport 6MT, 15 X3 35i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeineken
Quote:
Correct, but via the coolant I believe. However since cooling down the coolant will cool the block and thus the oil in theory it will reduce oil temps. The REST function will pull residual heat from the cooling system via electric water pump, cycling hot coolant through the heater core while the engine is off.

As far as your issue, that's really odd. I would look through Real OEM to try and find the location of your Bluetooth module, it may shed some light on the issue

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 05:10 PM   #7
Yeineken
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
'11 135i  [8.20]
'15 X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AddictsAnonymous
Quote:
Quote:
Correct, but via the coolant I believe. However since cooling down the coolant will cool the block and thus the oil in theory it will reduce oil temps. The REST function will pull residual heat from the cooling system via electric water pump, cycling hot coolant through the heater core while the engine is off.

As far as your issue, that's really odd. I would look through Real OEM to try and find the location of your Bluetooth module, it may shed some light on the issue
Hmm is this the ALL button on LCI models?
      04-07-2015, 06:50 PM   #8
6MT_Addict
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 135i M Sport 6MT, 15 X3 35i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm not sure, I think you need the cold weather package to get the Rest button but I've heard of it being coded. I think the ALL button is a different function

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 07:02 PM   #9
Yeineken
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
'11 135i  [8.20]
'15 X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm not sure, I think you need the cold weather package to get the Rest button but I've heard of it being coded. I think the ALL button is a different function
I do have the Cold weather package. Hmm I will snap a shot of my dash in a little and post it. I hope this isn't because I was running the heater on a hot day instead of using engine bay heat
      04-07-2015, 07:34 PM   #10
mr.fabulous
Captain
Rep
Drives: Women Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeineken View Post
AFAIK, the ALL button simply dictates the same temp to the left and right
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2015, 05:01 PM   #11
NIB
Private
Nigeria
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i BMW Non iDrive

Sos Sign On Dash Board With Bluetooth Function

gee! well I also noticed that mine fairly used bought 2009 128i BMW non iDRIVE convertible shows the SOS sign, with consequent loss of the Bluetooth function and audible which was working before. The radio works and CD works. Can this failure effect the performance of the Engine. This condition has been on for days now, even with offing and restarting the Engine.
Appreciate 0