BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-20-2009, 06:07 AM   #23
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Does the V8 fits in the 1 series?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2010, 08:12 AM   #24
wmj73
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp, 440i GC

Garage List
2008   [0.00]
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
we still in for this drive guys? im still overseas but arriving back on tuesday and looking forward to go for a spirited drive
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2010, 02:28 PM   #25
anthonygilbo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Hey all

I'm still up for this drive on the 24th, anyone that wants to join me, PM me and I'll send you the meet point and most importantly the proposed route. Don't forget to bring cameras and radio's if you got some. I've got two so someone can use my spare if you don't have one.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2010, 09:27 AM   #26
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Don't think I can join you guys this time, heading to Byron and back on the same day is probably a tad too long for me especially I have just driven to the Gold Coast and back today.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 01:18 AM   #27
Franco
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: TiAg E87 130i M Sport

I may be in for this drive. I have just moved to brisbane, so it will be a good chance to check up some good roads.
Also, I am just about to come to my 50000km service. Where is the best place for a service?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 02:24 AM   #28
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonygilbo View Post
Hey all

I'm still up for this drive on the 24th, anyone that wants to join me, PM me and I'll send you the meet point and most importantly the proposed route. Don't forget to bring cameras and radio's if you got some. I've got two so someone can use my spare if you don't have one.

Cheers
Hey there mate.. I will be up at Noosa from the 23rd to 26th..Where abouts are you guys meeting up in Brisbane? Might shoot down and say hello..PM me if you like..

Do you guys in Brizzy know a decent car rental company where I can get my hands on a Z4, without paying the world for it..

Hooked up a 08/Z4 with "Andy's Prestige Car Rentals" but then cancelled after he sent me the contract..Too many bullshit inclusions and massive excess, even after paying the extra premium to reduce the excess..

Thanks in advance..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 04:43 AM   #29
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Only place I know with a Z4 (and its the new one) is a place down the Gold Coast, so a bit far away from Noosa?

I may be up for it, depends on work situation as having a few staff issues at the moment...
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 04:49 AM   #30
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
Only place I know with a Z4 (and its the new one) is a place down the Gold Coast, so a bit far away from Noosa?
Thanks mate.. I will be flying in to Brisbane airport and picking up a car there..

My daughter lives in Brisbane and inlaws on the Gold Coast.. Do you know the company name on the coast with the z4?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 04:55 AM   #31
BBK
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Network Car Rentals, I am pretty sure. I am not sure which model they have though, chances are it will be a 23i and most likely auto. My wife actually hired out a 3 coupe a while before I got the 135 and my experience was pretty good.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 05:00 AM   #32
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

Thanks..Used Network last year (325i vert )when I was up at Noosa..They deliver to Brisbane airport.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 05:37 AM   #33
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco View Post
I may be in for this drive. I have just moved to brisbane, so it will be a good chance to check up some good roads.
Also, I am just about to come to my 50000km service. Where is the best place for a service?
I like Coastline - but that's Sunshine Coast - they have got a very good Mechanic doing the customer service and he knows everything - he can diagnosed pretty much everything straight away. Otherwise, I don't have much problem with Brisbane in terms of being attentive, but they were a couple of ongoing problems that took them 3 times and they still couldn't fix, and Coastline could diagnose my problem over the phone. Brisbane is great for warranty though as I never have any problem claiming for warranty and they also always ask BMW to pay for parts for cars just gone out of warranty. Otherwise, I haven't used them before but there is a BMW service place in Coorparoo, who used to run the Brisbane BMW service department as far as I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
Hey there mate.. I will be up at Noosa from the 23rd to 26th..Where abouts are you guys meeting up in Brisbane? Might shoot down and say hello..PM me if you like..

Do you guys in Brizzy know a decent car rental company where I can get my hands on a Z4, without paying the world for it..

Hooked up a 08/Z4 with "Andy's Prestige Car Rentals" but then cancelled after he sent me the contract..Too many bullshit inclusions and massive excess, even after paying the extra premium to reduce the excess..

Thanks in advance..
My shop is at Maroochydore, so if I haven't got my 4x4 yet, I can take you around what's up here on the Sunshine Coast.

Quote:

I may be up for it, depends on work situation as having a few staff issues at the moment...
Staff issues, again?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 06:12 AM   #34
BBK
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Yeah Steve, do you have this problem too?! Have a major issue with sales since this manager started, the graphs never lie.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 10:12 PM   #35
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
My shop is at Maroochydore, so if I haven't got my 4x4 yet, I can take you around what's up here on the Sunshine Coast.)
Thanks for the offer mate..My wife is born and bred on the Gold Coast, so we are up visiting family then off to the Sheraton at Noosa for four days of hopefully sun and beach..

Will have to drop by and say hello.Maroochydore only a short drive from Noosa...You are a Chemist ..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 10:59 PM   #36
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Yeah Steve, do you have this problem too?! Have a major issue with sales since this manager started, the graphs never lie.
Not at the moment, but had a manager who just doesn't like to listen to directions and did her own thing. We had a lot of growth after she left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
Thanks for the offer mate..My wife is born and bred on the Gold Coast, so we are up visiting family then off to the Sheraton at Noosa for four days of hopefully sun and beach..

Will have to drop by and say hello.Maroochydore only a short drive from Noosa...You are a Chemist ..
I grew up on the Gold Coast too. I don't think I recall ever saying that I am a Chemist but everyone seems to know. lol!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 11:17 PM   #37
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
I grew up on the Gold Coast too. I don't think I recall ever saying that I am a Chemist but everyone seems to know. lol!
Ahhhh.. You might have dropped a hint many months ago and I just put it together..

My wife was born at Broadbeach and went to Miami high school..
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 06:00 AM   #38
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I may be up for this drive, GF dependent... After four weeks in Sydney, I need to get home and take the car or bike out into the mountains!
      01-23-2010, 10:12 PM   #39
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

I just spent the morning checking out and following the @rse of a rather attractve new limited edition M3. Not much of a turnout but we had a pretty nice (and remarkably restrained) drive through the Gold Coast and northern NSW hinterland regardless.

Thanks for organising Anthony! 'Hope to see that new M at a trackday later this year.

Cheers, Tim.
      01-23-2010, 11:37 PM   #40
BBK
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
I was/am working all weekend but would have loved to have come! So when is the next one? We heading to the strip sometime?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 11:40 PM   #41
micha3l
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

I'll be in for the next one for sure!

Just I don't need much temptation to push my car, and with only 500 kms on the clock I thought I better not go to makre sure I run it in properly
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 03:39 AM   #42
chappy
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 M-SPORT COUPE

Sorry couldn't make it today had to go with my wife shopping the things we do as i went to lakeside breakfast and stunning laps around the track was a awsome day over 60 bmws and 115 people turned up new M5s two 911 porsche turbo's and a host of m3s
Runflat's are no good for the track terrible.
Some photos off European forum
Attached Images

01-24-2010, 04:21 AM   #43
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Looks good Chappy. Great turnout. I missed this Lakeside brekkie unfortunately. Went kayaking to keep the GF happy instead. Must get to the next one!
      01-26-2010, 08:38 PM   #44
anthonygilbo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMc View Post
I just spent the morning checking out and following the @rse of a rather attractve new limited edition M3. Not much of a turnout but we had a pretty nice (and remarkably restrained) drive through the Gold Coast and northern NSW hinterland regardless.

Thanks for organising Anthony! 'Hope to see that new M at a trackday later this year.

Cheers, Tim.

No worries Tim. Lets hope for a better turn out next time. Felt like a bit of a loner until you showed up!!
Appreciate 0