BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-28-2010, 10:00 PM   #1
bfi2906
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135 Coupe

Good Dealer Report

We are all (myself included), very happy to give dealers a bad time when they deserve it. So I think it's only fair to also give them a wrap when they deserve it.

I took my 135 into North Shore BMW (Artarmon, NSW) for an oil change (not a Service) last Friday. I'd booked it in 2 days prior, to be done while I waited.

I'm happy to report, it went as planned. Took about 30 Mins. Cost $225.49 (incl GST, and the obligatory $2.96 for washer additive). Which I feel is more than reasonable.

The guy I dealt with (Brad) was very knowledgeable, and something of an enthusiast. He's an ex Porsche mechanic, and thus more than able and keen to discuss modding cars.

This was my first visit to them since the were taken over from BMW Aust, by the same family that owns Scotts Honda, etc.. Have to say it was a good experience - I'll be going back.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 10:30 PM   #2
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Always had great experiences with service both in sales and servicing the car at Westside BMW in Brisbane. Complete opposite with Motorline...
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 11:23 PM   #3
micha3l
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
Always had great experiences with service both in sales and servicing the car at Westside BMW in Brisbane. Complete opposite with Motorline...
Service at Motorline hasn't been the best for me either.

But on the other hand, did not like the sales as Westside at all, Motorline won hands down with that side of it
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 04:15 AM   #4
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfi2906 View Post
We are all (myself included), very happy to give dealers a bad time when they deserve it. So I think it's only fair to also give them a wrap when they deserve it.

I took my 135 into North Shore BMW (Artarmon, NSW) for an oil change (not a Service) last Friday. I'd booked it in 2 days prior, to be done while I waited.

I'm happy to report, it went as planned. Took about 30 Mins. Cost $225.49 (incl GST, and the obligatory $2.96 for washer additive). Which I feel is more than reasonable.

The guy I dealt with (Brad) was very knowledgeable, and something of an enthusiast. He's an ex Porsche mechanic, and thus more than able and keen to discuss modding cars.

This was my first visit to them since the were taken over from BMW Aust, by the same family that owns Scotts Honda, etc.. Have to say it was a good experience - I'll be going back.
Good to hear My whole family uses BMW North Shore Atarmon for our services. Everyone there is knowledgeable and quick to reply.

I'm not afraid of hearing the "he's busy now, I'll get him to call you" line from them, everytime our SA Warren has called back within 15mins.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 07:26 AM   #5
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

Motorline have been really great to me, the Service Manager, Declan, has been really professional and sorted a few things out for me beautifully, can't speak highly enough of him.

I did get a good intro from one of their more 'valued' customers!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 04:00 PM   #6
micha3l
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alik01 View Post
Motorline have been really great to me, the Service Manager, Declan, has been really professional and sorted a few things out for me beautifully, can't speak highly enough of him.

I did get a good intro from one of their more 'valued' customers!
Declan is the one I've had issues with... And we've bought 4 cars in 5 years from them!

Last edited by micha3l; 01-29-2010 at 04:00 PM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 08:58 PM   #7
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Micha3l, sorry hear about your bad experience.

Declan was great to me, I referred to him by Darren DeCourcy in Sales - who I was referred to by my friend. They treated me really well. Declan, called me back promptly, emailed me when he said he would and got me a great price on the parts I wanted and even chatted to Honeycombes here (who are pretty average to say the least) to sort out the issue.

Also, maybe my bar for good service has sunk really low after coming to Darwin, where everything is shocking!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 09:07 PM   #8
micha3l
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Ah well, we'll see how I go with this car.

But definitely agree Darren DeCourcy is great to deal with, highly recommended
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 10:45 PM   #9
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Try talking to the sales team for recommendation, service departments usually play nice with sales. So use the sales guys as leverage - we shouldn't have to, but everything helps these days!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2010, 09:24 AM   #10
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Great service from motorline when Patrick was still there, bad experience after that with the two Darrens.

Recently move from Brisbane to Coastline and the both Sales and Service are great. Nathan who's on the desk is a mechanic and he is brilliant. Just done another oil and filter change while I had my first inspection (which is free for the corporate program), cost $250, so I am not complaining too much.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2010, 04:58 PM   #11
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
I took my car in for it's first service at Westside and was very impressed, but only been there 1 time. Very courteous and they offered me an X5 loaner. I have done all my previous servicing at Fortitude Valley but purchased cars from everywhere including Coastline and Southport. Fortitude Valley has been very good to me, had a couple bad experiences but they've taken care of me in the past.

Anyways, I took my car in for some warranty work a few days ago at Westside and was overall really disappointed with the service. I was experiencing the clicking noise whilst turning which seems to be a fairly common issue for our cars. The service dept couldn't figure out the problem, they couldn't even replicate it so this involved me having to visit them 3 times as they refused to believe me. They didn't seem to care that some of us have to take time off from work or commitments for each trip to visit them.

The first time I went to drop off the car for the problem. The second time I went to pick up the car but I only got as far as down the driveway and 100m down the road but came back because the problem was still there. I was pretty annoyed. I had to leave the car their overnight. They weren't even apologetic or reassuring that they would fix it anytime soon. Third time I went back the next day because they said they couldn't replicate the problem. I ended up going for a drive with one of their technicians and wollah, the noise came back straight away. Got the technician to tell the boys in service dept what he heard and they were surprised. I didn't leave my car with them for the weekend because they would only give me a 120d when I knew they had plenty of other cars available. Also found I had an extra odd 150km on my odo and I dropped the car off with a FULL tank of petrol (cost me $76) and was given the car back with just over half. I also asked them to fix the brake squeal issue and this wasn't fixed on the 2nd or 3rd visit. Overall, very disappointed with Westside on my last visit to say the least.

Westside BMW aren't even the most convenient dealership for me but I am happy to travel for good service and good people that I can trust looking after my car. I will maybe give them one more chance otherwise I'll look at going somewhere else and be sure to give their manager my 5 cents about what's going on down there. Sorry for the rant, just had very good experiences with Merc in the past so these sort of experiences frustrate me.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2010, 08:36 PM   #12
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
That sucks man...

Moral of this thread? Everyone has had good AND bad experiences with most dealers!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2010, 11:45 PM   #13
rocketship
Australia
Rep
Drives: 123d coupe

Dealerships

Hi Guys,
I totally endorse Darren De Courcy at Motorline BMW in Brisbane for his professional service, and willingness to go the extra mile. I waited 3 loooong months for my 123d coupe, they were kind enough to let me test drive the 125i and 135i coupes while I waited, as I was busting to get it!
At this stage I have had no need for any services (6500km only), but I was introduced to Declan who did seem very willing too - we enjoyed some tech talk about the 123d when it was delivered. So far the 123d has had none of the problems that seem to come up with the 135i, no clicking noises, actually can't fault the functioning and reliability - I have come from a lot of Japanese cars recently like Honda/Toyota/Mazda, rarely any mechanical issues. But the old Jaguar 420 I have and also love - well, let's not go there eh :-)
No offense meant here, but sometimes if you spend a little time with the guys and ask in a nice way they will maybe give you special treatment if needed. It's good to have a forum like this to hear other people's experience
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2010, 02:01 AM   #14
chappy
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 M-SPORT COUPE

When i was buying my 335 went to brisbane bmw and nobody bothered to come and see me for about 30mins and when he did see me wasn't interested selling me a car and just took my phone number and i walked away now that's service so i went to motorline and anthony sold me a new 335 for a good price and i was very happy.
But there treatment with customers in service department not real good they just don't want to now you.
One wheel alignment took about 3hrs while i waiting very bad indeed i think one of the service guys took it for a spin and there grass all over the car most probably shucking wheelies some were.
Try westside bmw and they were great very kind and prompt.
PLUS 1 FOR WESTSIDE
MINUS 4 FOR MOTORLINE SERVICE PLUS 1 FOR SALES

After coming from lexus of about 7years warranty work at lexus was bring the car in 5 minutes to look at it and order parts no questions asked no matter how expensive the parts are and of cause the free beautiful cakes and wine and coffee and drinks miss the cakes.
Bmw has to take photos and get approval from head office.

Last edited by chappy; 01-31-2010 at 02:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2010, 08:27 AM   #15
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Interesting..

My first relationship with a stealership was Col Crawford (the regulars here know about what happened). Needless to say, i will never use Col Crawford for anything in future. Be that parts, service or buying my next car. From my experience the sales team are wonderful, and make you feel welcome, but senior management is a f**king flop and only care about numbers.

Kloster BMW where i bought from in the end were just awesome. Felt so pleased with them, felt a valued customer and the 3 follow-up calls (one in the afternoon after picking up my car to make sure i got back to Sydney safely and the car was fine) really hit the mark. A personal call from the dealer principal really took it to a new height!

My first service was with BMW Sydney. They have good communication, but just very efficient. Get 'em in and get 'em out type of mentality. Mind you, my service was on a Friday and I had a great loan car (330d) for the day. They even remembered I was playing golf and asked me how my (shoddy) game went

Everyone who's looking for a BMW i always recommend Kloster. They found out on Thursday afternoon that i bought the car, and it was ready for pick-up Saturday @ 10am, in the delivery bay in the showroom. Absolutely wonderful, and the Sales Manager, Arthur, was polite and just a great guy.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2010, 09:38 PM   #16
harpoon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Do you guys have to pay for courtesy cars? I'm a corporate customer at col crawford and I just booked for a service and he said a loan car is $66 ??! Surely not.
      01-31-2010, 11:09 PM   #17
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
Do you guys have to pay for courtesy cars? I'm a corporate customer at col crawford and I just booked for a service and he said a loan car is $66 ??! Surely not.
Nope. My car @ BMW Sydney was free (booked a month in advance). Had it for the whole day, given with just over a quarter of a tank, but it was a diesel. Didn't even put a drop in it.

Col Crawford are just trying to rip you off - i'd go somewhere else.
Appreciate 0