BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-10-2008, 02:56 PM   #23
Pamlico
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

We finally had a chance to take a 135i for an extended drive this morning. Still need to make the final decision but we're probably going to pull the trigger.

Did anyone find that Holtz was willing to negotiate price below a nominal $500 below MSRP?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 06:56 AM   #24
Narcisse91
Rep
Drives:

When I had them quote me, they quoted me MSRP. I told the guy I don't pay MSRP in general but I definitely wouldn't since they pay bottom dollar for trade-ins (they use average auction prices, which is usually less than KBB or NADA). The response was more or less they will deal, but the 1-series are going for around MSRP (which I interpreted as minimal dealing).

I didn't pursue much beyond that, because I'm interested in leasing, and the leases were terrible, so it was not even worth negotiating the sale price.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 08:22 AM   #25
Pamlico
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the info. They've mentioned $500 under MSRP, but looking at postings from others it seems that it's possible to find a dealer willing to make a more-or-less reasonable deal. Since we'll probably be taking delivery at the Performance Center in South Carolina I think a non-local dealer could make all the necessary arrangements.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 07:16 PM   #26
EDUC8ED
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: "Blue Majic"

Pamlico.....
Read my post in the ordering section. Just be aware, my experience could have been rare but you may be better have going with your plan of going with a non-local dealer. I actually got more done in 8hrs with a dealer in Ohio than in 8 weeks here. Im now scheduled for production next week. The non local dealer got me a much better deal and a lower monthly payment. Just an FYI
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 10:57 PM   #27
BigBlue
Proud Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 128i Coupe

Greetings from Florida! I lived in Rochester for 17 years, just moved down here a few years ago. Hope everyone enjoys their new ride :smile:
      06-04-2008, 12:06 PM   #28
Pamlico
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Update -

Well this all came together faster than I thought it would. We faxed an offer to both Holtz and Towne (Buffalo). Holtz responded very quickly and accepted the offer with the addition of the BMW training fee which was about $180. Since the offer was well below MSRP adding that amount wasn't a problem.

The order was placed on Friday, May 30 and today (June 4) it went to Status 150 (In Production) with a scheduled completion date of June 11. Moving a bit too fast as we're aiming to take delivery at the Performance Center in South Carolina in early August . We ordered now as we were told it would take approximately 8 weeks from placing the order to delivery, but now it looks like it may be sitting at the PC for a few weeks before we can get it.

Interestingly, Towne took over a week to respond to our faxed offer. Basically said they sell the 1 Series at MSRP, but since we've purchased 2 MINIs from them they would discount the 135i $800 below MSRP which was nowhere near as good a deal as we got.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 07:31 PM   #29
EDUC8ED
First Lieutenant
Rep

Lets keep Rochester alive! How is everyone doing????

Montego/ Coral 135i

"Progress not Perfection"
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 07:49 PM   #30
Pamlico
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDUC8ED View Post
Lets keep Rochester alive! How is everyone doing????
Hey - Was perusing 1Addicts when you post arrived.

Our car has completed production and is now awaiting transport. Nice to know it's finished but we're not taking delivery until Aug. 11 in South Carolina. 2 most to go.

It looks like we have the present car (MINI Cooper S w/ the Works package) sold. An American ex-pat living in Canada wants it and is working out the details of importing it into that country - hopefully that will go through.

Your delivery must be pending.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 08:00 PM   #31
EDUC8ED
First Lieutenant
Rep

Got your pm. Thats great, that will be a nice trip after picking up your car. Im moving a long pretty well my car was completed last week and is on a boat as of today headed for NYC. I will hopefully get my car at the end of the month. Ill be getting mine in Cleveland and driving it back. Was a little leary about driving it back but Im going to get the clear bra installed upon delivery so I wont have to deal with rock chips and bug guts will be easy to clean off.

Glad things are well. Keep in touch!

Montego/ Coral 135i

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2008, 04:07 PM   #32
RastaGurl
Private
Rep
Drives:

Also in Roch. Picked up my JB 135i 'vert' at Holtz about 2 weeks ago. They matched, and subsequently beat the deal offered by Towne, and were happy to get my business. I was a bit surprised that Towne didn't work a bit harder considering I've bought 2 BMWs from them in the last 4 years, and my friends have bought 3 BMWs and 1 Mini from them on my recommendation. Oh well.

GL with your deliveries! The waiting's the absolute worst! We definitely should have a local "meet" once everyone's picked up their respective babies. EDUC8ED, you might want to do the "painter's tape mod" for your drive back from Ohio. You'll get a bunch of stares, but who cares? As long as there are no rock chips! Where are you having the bra installed? I had mine done at the TintShop in Henrietta. They did an OK job. If you have your side mirrors done, insist that they use only one piece despite the fact that the kit calls for 2 pieces.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2008, 04:52 PM   #33
imported_Dan
Rep
Drives:

track time

Glad to hear there are other 135's coming to the area. I've got 2,200 on mine now and am starting to really enjoy it. I received notification today to go to the driving school at Mosport the end of July. Is anyone else going to be there? I hope to get use to the car under GREAT conditions. I am also planning on running the Glen August 27 & 28 with the local BMWCCA Chapter. Enjoy your 135's.:roundel:
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 08:57 PM   #34
EDUC8ED
First Lieutenant
Rep

Hey been busy lately......quick update. I should get my car hopefully next weekend!! I am going to ATL the week of the fourth so if I dont get it before I leave Im going to stop in cleveland on the way back. I swear this is going to be a very long week.

Im definetly down for a meet, that would be cool.

I am thinking about the painters tape, but the cool thing is that they have a Ziebart in Ohio that the dealer works with so Ill be picking up my car with the clear bra, paint protection and window tint installed! I also got the performance exhaust as well. I am wondering if I should do the painters tape anyway.

Dan..do you have info on the local BMWCCA chapter, thats something I may be interested in.

Anyway lets everyone keep in touch!

Montego/ Coral 135i

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 02:22 PM   #35
RastaGurl
Private
Rep
Drives:

GL with everything!! As for the BMWCCA, it's pretty cheap, just a little over $100 for a three year membership, AND you get Roundel magazine, which is totally worth it. Check out the website: http://www.bmwcca.org/index.php
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2008, 07:34 AM   #36
RastaGurl
Private
Rep
Drives:

BTW, who has the Montego blue 135i coupe I saw on Alexander Street last night? Are you here?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2008, 09:21 AM   #37
Pamlico
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RastaGurl View Post
BTW, who has the Montego blue 135i coupe I saw on Alexander Street last night? Are you here?
At least you see the cars on the road. Over the past couple of weeks I've driven to / from Boston and to / from the middle of the north shore of Long Island and I still haven't seen a 1-Series.

We were originally going to take delivery at the Performance Center in South Carolina, but had to cancel that. Right now the car is on the good ship Emden heading West. Looking at the shipping schedule for that boat it seems it doesn't stop at the Port of NJ/NY, rather it goes to Charleston, Jacksonville, and Baltimore then back to Europe. Seeing that schedule I thought that the word to cancel the Performance Center delivery didn't make it on time and the car was headed to South Carolina. The Holtz sales guy says that they received confirmation of the PC delivery cancellation and that the car will be trucked to Rochester from wherever it unloads. Seems somewhat inefficient. We shold have the car by mid-July. Since we're planning a long road trip with the car I'm hoping that the delivery time we're discussing is accurate.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2008, 10:36 AM   #38
RastaGurl
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamlico View Post
At least you see the cars on the road. Over the past couple of weeks I've driven to / from Boston and to / from the middle of the north shore of Long Island and I still haven't seen a 1-Series.

We were originally going to take delivery at the Performance Center in South Carolina, but had to cancel that. Right now the car is on the good ship Emden heading West. Looking at the shipping schedule for that boat it seems it doesn't stop at the Port of NJ/NY, rather it goes to Charleston, Jacksonville, and Baltimore then back to Europe. Seeing that schedule I thought that the word to cancel the Performance Center delivery didn't make it on time and the car was headed to South Carolina. The Holtz sales guy says that they received confirmation of the PC delivery cancellation and that the car will be trucked to Rochester from wherever it unloads. Seems somewhat inefficient. We shold have the car by mid-July. Since we're planning a long road trip with the car I'm hoping that the delivery time we're discussing is accurate.
What a pain! Hope you get your car sooner than expected, and certainly before your planned road trip! They waited until they had several cars to deliver to Holtz before getting my car here, even though it was unloaded and ready at the PDC for about 4 days. We assumed it was because fuel's so expensive these days it just made sense to "batch" deliver.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2008, 10:47 AM   #39
Pamlico
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I hope that I don't have to wait for a gaggle of cars to be ready to ship up here before it leaves wherever it eventually is unloaded.

We're not leaving until early August so hopefully all will be well.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2008, 04:40 PM   #40
EDUC8ED
First Lieutenant
Rep

Montego is my color!!! Pamlico I hope it works out for you, it sucks that things get more complicated towards the end. We will have to do something at the end of the summer after we all have our cars.

Montego/ Coral 135i

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 07:46 AM   #41
Pamlico
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Getting together once all the cars arrive would be fun.

We're planning on an about 4000 (!) mile trip with the car. I'm pretty sure it will be here before the date we're planning on leaving, but I'm hoping it arrives early enough to allow me to install a few things that are on order as well as to let me spend a full weekend detailing it (clay bar then Zaino).

I guess I could mention that we ordered Alpine White, just like the refrigerator in the kitchen . The past couple of cars I've had were darker metallic colors and I'd spend all my time working to avoid / eliminate paint swirls. I'm hoping that AW will be less demanding of my OCD.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2008, 11:45 AM   #42
chorn
Rep
Drives:

Got mine yesterday, Youll see me pulled over in Fairport soon enough

Appreciate 0
      06-28-2008, 12:07 PM   #43
EDUC8ED
First Lieutenant
Rep

HOT! CONGRATS!

Montego/ Coral 135i

Appreciate 0
      06-28-2008, 12:10 PM   #44
Pamlico
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Nice. Where in Fairport? We're in the Bushnell's Basin area.
Appreciate 0