BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-17-2022, 02:27 PM   #1
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

No lift shift activating on its own

My setup is mhd stage 2+. Jb4 installed but off aka map 0 on option 1. Just in the car for no lift shift which has been working fine for years. Recently I am driving not even WOT and it will cut like it's doing the ignition cut for no lift shift and then repeatedly do so, almost acting as a limiter under all circumstances. I'm not sure what is causing this all of a sudden, the only change I made to the car this year is going from the v9 to v10 maps. Anyone else seeing this?

I can pull the NLS relay and jb4 out and call it a day but I enjoyed having NLS with MHD handling all the rest before, never was an issue. Is there anything else I should check? I'm fairly confident it's related to NLS because it happens at the rpm set for that in the jb4. To test I disabled NLS by setting menu 8 to 0 rpm, I will test that later today but fairly confident it's somehow related. Ideally I'd be able to get it to work reliably like I used to, but with the v10 maps.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2022, 10:04 PM   #2
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Confirmed setting menu 8 to 0 rpm in jb4 seems to have fixed it and disabled no lift shift, but now how can I go back to using it correctly or even figuring out why it suddenly stopped working as intended?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2022, 02:02 AM   #3
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Update: this was only an issue on v10 not v9. I'll eventually try 10 again now that MHD+ is out and has throttle improvements made, but for now the car runs great on v9.
Appreciate 0