BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-11-2011, 08:06 PM   #1
Venom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.50]
P2AAE code but no issues

Hello fellow 1Addicts,

My car is currently throwing a P2AAE (fuel pump) code with none of the symptoms of a fuel pump failure. There is no MIL or CEL light on, the car runs fine, etc. The only indicator I may have is that the tach jumps a bit on idle while the car is warming up. The car runs fine though, especially once given some throttle.

Does anyone here know what this may be? I have uninstalled my Cobb AP in the meantime and cleared all codes but it is still throwing P2AAE even after I clear it.

I have felt a 135i Step where the HPFP was on its way out, that car was jerky and took a good 30seconds to startup. But my 135i has been nothing but smooth, so I am a little confused as to what the code is being thrown for if there is no indicator other than the AP saying so.

No mods on my car except for the BMW Performance Exhaust and the now uninstalled Cobb AP.

Many thanks,
-NurEinser
Appreciate 0