BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-13-2008, 08:23 PM   #23
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor View Post
come again! you sure? i did not know that! can you verify this andrew or others here? how are codes "thrown" by the way? as CELs or registered in an ECU log which bites you in the ass when you need/are given software updates?

that is a problem unless you swear off the dealer network forever.
Prof it's true my friend!!! Lol. Seriously, 99% of chips out there gives you this result. Ie. you use less fuel as you have so much more torque that you get to your desired speed so much quicker.

Unfortunately there is no CEL with fault codes. It's just hidden in your log. But with the right diagnostics tool, you can clear it before you visit your dealer. It doesn't matter anyway with Active processor as it doesn't give any fault codes.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2008, 08:27 PM   #24
Red135
La Flama Blanca
Rep
Drives: 1-series

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor View Post
come again! you sure? i did not know that! can you verify this andrew or others here? how are codes "thrown" by the way? as CELs or registered in an ECU log which bites you in the ass when you need/are given software updates?
Active's website states that it is safe for v81 / 29.2.
      08-13-2008, 08:32 PM   #25
professor
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

yes, i guess with so much power on tap just blowing in the direction of the accelerator would be enough to do most of the daily driving!

wayne, when are the clubsports going on the car? i am very keen to see how you find them. (and to see how your back holds up after they are installed!!)
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2008, 08:35 PM   #26
professor
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

no fault codes then. cool. its all very good then. we can have our chips and eat them too. rock on!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2008, 08:38 PM   #27
Wraith
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonB View Post
I want to move to Melbourne!
LOL I'm 'wrapped' (yes that spelling again professor) I'm in Melb. :biggrin:

So stoked we have a knowledgable and dedicated local 135i tuner

And awesome effort to all you guys doing and helping with all the reasearch and testing and trials etc.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2008, 02:11 AM   #28
Yep 135
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 135 manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim135AUS View Post
:w00t: :thumbup:

Andrew from Southern BM did the ecu operation on my 135 yesterday. Gotta say, he's a surgeon extraordinaire! The result is one very happy patient. The car is uterly transformed.

Let's just say the car goes from being merely very quick, to blindlingly, seriously, obescenely, neck-snappingly, ferociously quick. Do you get the impression that I kinda like it?! Do I what...

I have been fortunate to have driven some pretty fast cars in my time, but never ANYTHING like this. The shear effortlessness, the ease with which you can overtake cars with th merest carress of the accelerator- just awesome.

And whatsmore, if you want to just tootle around the place, the car feels just as docile as stock- idles the same, sounds the same, cruises the same.

But, light the wick and just stand back........

Way- your're absolutely right, wheel spin is almost unavoidable not only in 1st and 2nd but also 3rd.

You really need to re-learn the way you drive- you literally squeeze on the power- don't even think about planting the foot-unless you want to leave a big smokig mess that was once your rear tyres behind.

Way is also right regarding fuel consumption- because of the awesome power and torque, the car actually (anecdotally, since I have only driven the car for 130kms) uses less fuel as it gets up to speed so quickly and effortlessly.

But, use the power and mpg seems to go to hell in a basket- totally expected from such a dramatic upgrade. The point is, you have choice as to how much of the power and therefore fuel that you want to use. Fair Enough.

Now, I hve not dynoed the car (only done 3000kms and am no to keen) but frankly see absolutely no need.

It's blindingly obvious that regardless of the continuing prattle about dyno outputs, the active processor on 135's is a total masterpiece of a processor.

I have driven a number of Bimmers in the past with competing chips but NEVER have I seen and felt a result like this.

I have now carried what I believe are the holy trinity of mods:

Sprintbooster, the CDV valve and now the active processor.

And Andrew has done it all for me with a minimum of fuss, in his friendly, professional and always enthusiastic manner- this guy is a true addict and a very good businessman as well. Thanks Andrew!

Hope this gives you guys another heads-up on what is possible with these amazing 135's
Thoroughly recommended! :headbang:
Hows the experiance going still Bimr135AUS? Fuel economy, power, know problems so far?
Have you any other mods or is that it?
Still recommend?
Thanks in advance.
Yep.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2008, 02:31 AM   #29
Bim135AUS
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 135I

Done just over 1000kms with the chip.

and, yep, everything is still as I previously stated.
Great chip and fuel economy is fine if driven sedately. Use the power and fuel use is greater but that is just physics.

Can't get something for nothing.....
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2008, 05:04 AM   #30
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Yep, I've done 1800km of hard driving and normal driving, and absolutely no problem.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2008, 06:06 AM   #31
Yep 135
Lieutenant
Rep

thanks guys, sound very reliable and satisfying.
Way I see you are getting the RR exhaust, is that catted or not? Is it suuposed to make more grunt? How much lighter is it?
Yep.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2008, 06:11 AM   #32
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Yep I have no idea. Still waiting for RR to release the product! Lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2008, 06:24 AM   #33
Yep 135
Lieutenant
Rep

yes they are a bit cagey. I suppose for good reason. I see their new intake is to give up to 14hp + 20tq at the wheels but still no Pics though. All is supposed to be released this week. carnt wait!!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 09:58 PM   #34
taiheung
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper S

Is SouthernBM the only importer of this product? Or can I get my mechanic to install the Active Processor product too?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 06:07 AM   #35
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 F80, M140i

I made the offer to fly up and install them for the Sydney guys if we could get 5 together on the same day, however as that seems very unlikely to happen now, i can give you some details of a new contact i have in Sydney who is more than capable of installing the Processor.

My offer still stands though,,,,,up to you guys!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 07:00 PM   #36
taiheung
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper S

Andrew could you PM me the details?
Coincidentally, it would be nice if your contact's name is also Andrew...
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 10:25 PM   #37
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 F80, M140i

Pm sent
Appreciate 0