BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-19-2017, 10:38 AM   #1
NoOg_sTaR
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: E82 135i, ZZT231

Adaptive headlights unable to be coded (Sticky operation).

Hey guys,

I have searched for hours with no luck so I have decided to start a new thread. I am in a bit of a problem at the moment. A while back my headlights had the dreaded adaptive headlight failure show up on iDrive.

Initially I replaced the Xenon ballast control unit (Silver one) and it turned out I needed the Adaptive Headlight Module instead (Black one) I got that and installed it and it was happy days... No more error codes.

However the headlights were pointing all the way to the right. The "0 point" was incorrect so I needed to get it coded in to fix the problem.

Some time had past... A bit too much time and now I have finally taken the car into the shop to get it coded in. The BMW technician reported back that he was unable to do the reinitialising of the headlights due to "sticky operation". They suspect the motor is damaged internally and quoted me $2816.30 to replace the entire headlight. This is a substantial amount which I don't want to pay.

I am in Australia so our headlights are the "euro" type. Now my question is. Has anyone come across this problem when coding their headlights? If so what was the work around.

If there was no way of coding them in anymore next question is this. Can I set my headlights manually to point straight then code out the adaptive feature all together and run them as standard xenons?

Any help and advice would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 06:37 AM   #2
Duesentrieb
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: E81 116i, F31 LCI 320d

Hi,

after replacing the AHL modul, the ECU needs to be coded. A 'reinitialisation' won't work without coding the ECU before.

Greetings

Daniel
Appreciate 0