BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-24-2009, 01:23 PM   #1
bimmer135
Rep
Drives: 135I Crimson Red

Bumper scatched by the dealer and 3bent wheels

Hi, everyone.
I brought my 135 to dealer today for tire replacement on the second time (pothole).
He advise me that I got 3 bent wheels. (a different SA didn't advise me of bent wheels 2 weeks ago when I got a flat tire replaced due to pothole. I paid $180 for wheel alignment.) I was kind of angry that they didn't find out 2weeks ago. I mean how do I get 3 bent wheels within 2 weeks driving from last tire replacement??? But Anyway.
SA said I have to bring it in and leave it there for a few days to have the insurance company look at it. They will then let me know if the bent wheels needs to be replaced.
If in the insurance company didn't replace it, what damage will be don't on the tires. Is it ok to drive around with bent wheels???

They also scatch up my front bumper when the technican park my car into the sidewalk. SA said the dealership will take care of it when I bring it in next time...
You can see a little bit of scratch from the front bumper, but it look pretty bad if you were looking at the lower front angle. do you guys think a paint job will be sufficent??? What should I tell these people in the dealership next time I bring my car in to check on the bent wheels.
Please give me some advices. thx
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2009, 06:11 PM   #2
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Where are you in NY? I know a guy on LI that does bent wheel fixes. If they arent that bad its possible to get them fixed. Although our wheels are alloys and they are a bit harder to fix. No Promises.

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2009, 07:27 PM   #3
Addict...Nah Im A Junkie!
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 135i, 98 M rdstr

What dealership did this???

Warn us so we don't go there.
      07-24-2009, 08:14 PM   #4
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: women wild

do you have tire and wheel warranty?
      07-29-2009, 12:05 AM   #5
93accordEX
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 07 335i montego/terra

Im also wondering what dealership this is? My girlfriend popped a tire on a pothole and brought it to westchester bmw and they told her the rim was bent and had to be replaced for something like $460. They gave us back the old rim and to me it looks perfectly fine. I was thinking of bringing it somewhere to have it balanced and see how it comes out.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 12:07 AM   #6
93accordEX
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 07 335i montego/terra

oh and I forgot, we think they also scratched the trunk, but there's really no proof. She doesn't pay attention enough to remember if the scratch was there beforehand or not, but I personally don't remember it.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 05:18 PM   #7
bimmer135
Rep
Drives: 135I Crimson Red

So I finally brought my car in today to have everything fix at the same time. I know it's been quite sometimes since my last post, but the earliest appointment i can get was today.
3 bent wheels (insurance company need to see it first before fixing). My wheels is cover under warranty, but it will only be fix under certain conditions. That's why they need to insurance company to take a look at them first. Fix bumper (scratched by their technician). And annual maintenance and inspection.
I drop off my car and one of the SA said that the someone will be in contact with me about my bumper. (no one call me yet!!!!).
I ask him how is my bumper going to be fix. He said most likely it will get repainted. Now I am a little bit worried because they haven't done a great job yet.
Does anyone know when BMW repaint a part of the car, do they used the original paint. Are they gonna take out my whole bumper and repaint it??? The part of the bumper that is scratched is all the way at the bottom. Or should I just tell time to forget about repainting it???
(Last time they fix handle cover that was coming off on the passenger side, the SA told me that they took the whole passenger side door to put in a handle cover on. These people that's works there really worried me)
I just don't want to bring it home and something else breaks.
By the way, The BMW Service Department is in NY Metro area.
thanks for comments and replies.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0