BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-17-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
SGJB135i
Banned
Rep
Drives: Jet black 135i

Need Help Picking Tire Sizes

Hey there guys. As some of you saw that i was selling all my mods to buy my new wheels, i have achived my goal and i ended up buying my wheels! Just waiting for them to be shipped and i will throw out a teaser I just need help with my tire sizing. I am dropped on H&R Sport Cup Kit. So when i say the wheel sizing, some of you will already know what it is!

18x9 et 38
18x10.5 et 44

Please no one comment saying they wont fit, blah blah blah! LOL. I already have done my research. But i need some help with tiring sizes. Im planing on Hankook v12. I know there are some websites offering Rebate's and whatnot. Can anyone show me the cheapest website to buy them? Im thinking of 215/35/18 and 245/35/18. Please let me know what you guys suggest. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
fboutlaw
Cone Cruncher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetblack135 View Post
Hey there guys. As some of you saw that i was selling all my mods to buy my new wheels, i have achived my goal and i ended up buying my wheels! Just waiting for them to be shipped and i will throw out a teaser I just need help with my tire sizing. I am dropped on H&R Sport Cup Kit. So when i say the wheel sizing, some of you will already know what it is!

18x9 et 38
18x10.5 et 44

Please no one comment saying they wont fit, blah blah blah! LOL. I already have done my research. But i need some help with tiring sizes. Im planing on Hankook v12. I know there are some websites offering Rebate's and whatnot. Can anyone show me the cheapest website to buy them? Im thinking of 215/35/18 and 245/35/18. Please let me know what you guys suggest. Thank you!
Wont fit, blah blah blah. Actually, they may be ok.

Why are you going with this setup?
- Massive width with skinny non-grippy tires.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #3
SGJB135i
Banned
Rep
Drives: Jet black 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fboutlaw View Post
Wont fit, blah blah blah. Actually, they may be ok.

Why are you going with this setup?
- Massive width with skinny non-grippy tires.
What do you recommend?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #4
Eyeman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 135 blk, blk, step

Garage List
Wow, I'm actually more worried about getting those fronts to fit than the rears. You'll probably end up with 3+degrees of camber and you can always just add a little more rear camber. I looked up a couple of other brands of tires that run small and I think I'd go with Falken FK452s in the sizes you mentioned because they are really rounded and run small. Plus they are cheap. Once you get it all working you can work into a slightly wider running tire with your next set. Hankooks run pretty much proper for their quoted sizes in my experience although this was not with a V12. Falkens, Toyos, Nittos tend to be more rounded and run smaller.
Injen, RR OCC, MadDad Whisper, donut spare, 19x8.5et43fr 19x9.5et45r Volk LE37's, rear fenders rolled/pulled, PSS4S 225/35fr 255/30r, KW V1's, AR coated catless dps, Cross strutbar, CF grills and license plate holder, iCarbon diffuser, ETS black anodized FMIC, M3 control arms, Quaife, ER chargepipe, ForgeDV's, Topspeed Custom Tune, V3sims, Braille, Andrey_GTA rear hub mod, Ebay Mstyle front bumper and performance style side skirts.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 09:40 PM   #5
fboutlaw
Cone Cruncher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetblack135 View Post
What do you recommend?
You said you did your research, and have already bought the wheels, but I would have recommended scaling back on the wheel widths. These are very aggressive / wide wheels for a 135, and my concern is in the front you will rub on the fender and in the back you will rub on the fender.

Those tire sizes are puny for the wheels. Those are stock tire widths and you're upsizing 2.5" in the front and 3" in the back. They are going to be super stretched out and I'd be very worried about blowouts.

I run 255's up front with an 8.5" +45 wheel and 285's in the rear with a 9.5" +62 wheel. The front fitment required going to the ER widebody kit and camber plates. There's really not much room up front unless you are doing terrible things to your suspension and putting massive bump stops in.

With a 9 and 10.5" wheel, I'd expect tire sizes in the 265 range in the front and 305 width in the rear. And those tire sizes would definitely require body modification. Of course that's if you were doing it for handling / grip.

As this is clearly for looks though, it doesn't matter what tire you put on. go with something cheap though for easy replacement as you'll quickly destroy the tread stretching them out like this.
Appreciate 0