BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-07-2014, 08:42 AM   #1
Broke135
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 SSII/FR 6MT

Raleigh/Durham/CH dealership

Hey All,

I just moved up to the RDU area a few weeks ago and am looking for some people who have experience with the local dealerships.

I have a 2010 135i with warranty and I want to do some mods but don't want to void the warranty. Most things I can return to stock if necessary, but I would like to see if anyone has any experience taking modded cars, under warranty to either Leith BMW or Performance BMW.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 09:07 AM   #2
EGO_CHECK
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135I ManTransmission

Garage List
Hey, did you ever get any information/test waters? I've had mine serviced at Leith (oil change) and I'm about to start back down the modding road also. I had my Burger Tune intake on when I took it in and they said nothing but thats just an intake not sure about serious mods. I had a bad experience with purchase at Performance but that was mainly due to a newbie sales guy (rest of staff were great). Not sure about stance on modding.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 03:32 PM   #3
Broke135
Private First Class
Rep

I got my oil changed at Leith a few months back and talked to one of the guys about mods. From what I could tell, minor mods (DCI, axle back exhaust, etc.) are not going to be an issue. As far as some of the bigger things (downpipes, intercooler) I'd be a little weary.

As for tunes, I would absolutely remove it if you have to take the car in. Even switching to valet mode is risky since it's easy to check for tunes that have steering wheel controls.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 05:48 PM   #4
EGO_CHECK
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharple135 View Post
I got my oil changed at Leith a few months back and talked to one of the guys about mods. From what I could tell, minor mods (DCI, axle back exhaust, etc.) are not going to be an issue. As far as some of the bigger things (downpipes, intercooler) I'd be a little weary.

As for tunes, I would absolutely remove it if you have to take the car in. Even switching to valet mode is risky since it's easy to check for tunes that have steering wheel controls.

Thanks for the information. I'm going to go Cobb and maybe a PE for now. I'm under warranty until May 2015. What mods are you running currently? Not too many of us 1 owners around here. I've run into maybe 3 others and only one of them apperared to have been modded.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 07:42 PM   #5
Broke135
Private First Class
Rep

Right now I have JB4, BMS chargepipe, HPF intercooler, and DCI. Have some M3 suspension pieces that I haven't installed yet.

I haven't run into any 1ers around here yet. Probably only seen one or two around.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2014, 01:27 PM   #6
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke135 View Post
Right now I have JB4, BMS chargepipe, HPF intercooler, and DCI. Have some M3 suspension pieces that I haven't installed yet.

I haven't run into any 1ers around here yet. Probably only seen one or two around.
Hey, I'm in RDU area as well, near Southpoint Mall. I've taken my 128 in for service at Performance and got really good customer service. Granted the repair bill was around ~$1,400 I don't think that would have changed regardless of where I went. They were quick and got everything done in a matter of a day and I picked it up after work the following with no issues. However, I am unmodded for the time being, so bringing mine in didn't pose any problem.

I usually head to Raleigh pretty often for drinks and stuff, so I'd be down to meet some fellow 1ers in the area.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2014, 10:45 AM   #7
Broke135
Private First Class
Rep

Hey Billup, I've been trying different bars/restaurants in either Raleigh or Durham pretty much every weekend since moving here.

Any good bars or restaurants you would recommend?

And I'm down to grab some drinks with some local 1ers anytime.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2014, 09:39 AM   #8
EGO_CHECK
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Guys, if your part of the Vanos recall Leith BMW has the parts. I'm having mine done Friday. I called for another issue and mentioned recall they advised they had parts. Just FYI
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2014, 12:42 PM   #9
turbo_chris
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 335D, 13 X5D

Shoot me a PM if you need work done in the triangle area. I work at Leith.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 12:51 PM   #10
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke135 View Post
Hey Billup, I've been trying different bars/restaurants in either Raleigh or Durham pretty much every weekend since moving here.

Any good bars or restaurants you would recommend?

And I'm down to grab some drinks with some local 1ers anytime.
Raleigh has plenty of nightlife, I just started to dabble in over there. All kinds of good food, like Sitti for Mediterranean, The Pit for BBQ, and tons others.

Durham has a bunch of good places to eat as well, depends what you're into. I usually go to Tylers Taproom because of the beer selection personally, the food is so so, though.

Bars, I like to go to Franklin Street near the college in Chapel Hill, tons of bars to choose from in that entire area.
Appreciate 0