BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-07-2008, 10:21 PM   #1
damills
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Question 128i/135i sport seat extended lower support

For those who own either a 128i or 135i with the sports package option, is there a lever under the front part of the seat that extends the seat to give your legs a little more support (makes the bottom part of the seat longer, also an adjustment lever left of that on in the middle of the seat to either lower or raise the extended portion of the seat)?

As far as I know all ZSP (sports package) E46 3-series had this feature. It gives me enough extra length to extend the lower part of the seat to reach under my knees, if you have a bad back and try this (well at least in an ZSP E46), you will see it as a valuable feature or at least IMO.

Any help appreciated, have put a deposit on a 2010 135i, I have been researching the 135i so I get the order just like I want it, so far I have not found a picture here or bimmerfest.com of a 1-series with the bottom part of the seat extended so maybe its not a feature, my reason for asking, I have searched and searched with no luck

Dealer is a 102 mile round trip, cant just get in the car and make a quick trip, its usually a planned day to shop, see parents (who live in same town) or plan something in addition.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2008, 11:19 PM   #2
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

There is a thigh rest adjustment on the sport seats. It slides out about an inch or so. There is an adjustment for 'tilt angle' for the seat itself, not just for the thigh adjustment, though.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-08-2008, 06:18 AM   #3
128er
Captain
Rep
Drives:

The 128i/135i with Sport Package (Sport Seats) Definitely has this!!
-Steptronic
-Premium Sound
-Xenons

Appreciate 0
      12-08-2008, 10:37 AM   #4
Tom K.
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328iT, '13 Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester View Post
There is a thigh rest adjustment on the sport seats. It slides out about an inch or so. There is an adjustment for 'tilt angle' for the seat itself, not just for the thigh adjustment, though.
As Lester said - in & out (but not angle) adjustment for the front part of the seat, and angle adjustment for the entire seat. My '99 SP E46 is exactly the same.
Also, power lumbar adjustment similar to the E46 is available, but only as part of the Premium Package.
After about 12k miles, the 128i seats still seem even more comfortable and supportive than the excellent seats in my E46 - but maybe that has to do with the Coral Red leather in the 128i!

Tom
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2008, 11:35 AM   #5
damills
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

128i/135i

Thanks guys :thumbup:, I didnt think about owners manual, I could have possibly downloaded one from owners circle w/o owning one but may need a vin but I can get a vin from dealers website that list the full vin on the cars on their website. I will search the site here and bimmerfest to see if anyone has already posted it, if any of you already know the location here, please let me know.

I will try and download one, that should be full of really usefull information. The part where you can extend the seat is very nice for people (like me) who have a bad back and alot of pain out of my sciatic nerve (or whatever pain is going down my leg when driving), this support REALLY helps.

Main reason Im waiting til 2010, want to make sure I order is not lacking something and the 2006 325cia (w/leatherette) Im trading or selling I still want to drive a while, not under any pressure, sometimes the researching, ordering and tracking until its here is alot of fun. Plus Im keeping my 2006 M3 convertible, loaded with hardtop, garage queen, 3700 miles.

I have decided to NOT get the premium package so I can get leatherette, I have owned both the E36 and E46 with leatherette and looks much better than leather over time. All the cars with leatherette hardly show any wear (if any) vs leather. Only thing is I will have to order BMW assist (bluetooth) and power seats seperately but believe I will much happier with leatherette in the long run.

Im going to take the chance that configured with leatherette, BMW assist and power seats, I can buy the mirror to get the UDGO on it if that is where the UDGO is located (again owners manual should tell me that one). If it is on the mirror and before spending money, I believe it might be the mirror with UDGO on it as the one on my M3 convertible.

I dont know how the entire wiring harness is made for the 1-series, I had heard the E46 was hand made and specific for each car and its options, so if I dont get ZPP, may not have option of using the mirror with the UDGO on it but I want the leatherette bad enough to not worry about UDGO, I can always put one of the remotes that came with Garage door in the car somewhere.

Here are my options thus far:

2010 135i
Black Sapphire
Black Leatherette (KA)
Glacier silver aluminum trim (4MG)
Cold Weather Package (ZCW)
Sports Package (ZSP)
M steering wheel w/paddle shifters (2XA)
Steptronic automatic transmission (205)
Comfort access system (322)
Navigation system (609) get eq when getting Premium hi-fi
Power Front Seats (459)
HD Radio ($0 if Nav ordered)
iPod and USB adapter (6FL)
Permium hi-fi (653)
Satellite radio w/1yr subscription (655)
BMW Assist (639), required since I want Bluetooth
PDC (507), very helpful with my basement and driveway, I like it
Xenon (standard on 135i)

Using 2009 pricing as a guide, reference below:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...97&postcount=1

MSRP $46665, Invoice $42945 as 2009 pricing

Again, thanks guys, going to go look for 2009 135i owners manual
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2008, 11:44 AM   #6
Tom K.
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328iT, '13 Boxster

Try this link for the '08 owner's manuals in pdf form (scroll down to the 3rd & 4th URLs):

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/newre...wreply&p=63842

Tom
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2008, 12:16 PM   #7
damills
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K. View Post
Try this link for the '08 owner's manuals in pdf form (scroll down to the 3rd & 4th URLs):

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/newre...wreply&p=63842

Tom
Thanks, like the flash stuff, downloaded all of them, I also went the route of putting in a VIN number which I got from my dealer on their website, logged into Owners Circle (dont know what its called now) but was only able to get the 2009 owners manual w/o idrive, probably because it has changed this year maybe the reason, not yet published.

Do you know if the 2009 if you get Nav has the new hard drive based Navigation, also uses google map search, reason I ask, bmwusa.com shows this to be true, but I remember a post to where it was confusing, someone had stated even though the site showed the new Nav, I remember it saying bmwusa.com shows it was either the 5-series or x5 that shows the new nav on bmwusa.com but that is not true, could even be fixed by now.

From what I have read since, only the 1-series and 3-series got the new Nav (w/hard drive) for 2009, others will in 2010, some may not get it until next model (ie. replacement for 5-series is coming soon, may stay unchanged until new design is out)

Again, thanks alot for the references, I can pass it on to anyone who wants it, only bad thing is its 8.1mb, 8mb is the limit of incoming and outgoing mail for my email server, I can always try to send but if it doesnt come across, then will need to ftp or move it somewhere, I dont have any site I can move it to.

Waiting for the fun, I remember test driving the 135i, I drove it by myself, it was a BLAST to drive, I was about to take it back and said, Ive got to do this again so I turned around and went another 15-20 minutes. I have driven my M3 convertible on the dragon one day when THP was not working (something because would not pay overtime or something) but I followed a friend in his 2006 325i (4dr w/o sports package), another friend that rode with him was holding the handle bar about the passenger seat entire time, I easy kept up with him thru all curves of accelertated or spirited driving but never stupid driving, gave me that same feeling, the test drive car was a 6-speed out of question for me w/bad back but still, it will even be fun to drive auto IMHO.

This will be a fun wait like the ones before, research, ordering and tracking

Hopefully maybe anthracite headliner maybe optional next year, read a post where a mini forum got a petition together and mini later added the anthracite headliner as an option in a package, I have the post (not the petition, just the mention of the petition), think anyone would be interested in that, I remember you could special order on the E46 (code 775 @ $350)

I joined this forum a while back but havent really been on it much until I put a depost down, you seen anything about a petition for BMW to add the antrhacite headliner to the 135i, its available about everywhere except the US, so it can be done, I have no clue why BMW does not put that with the sports package IMO, Im ordering black interior, been thru my "keeping clean" pains with Beige.

Later
Appreciate 0