BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-12-2021, 08:57 PM   #1
CharsadehBEAST
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Minivan

Pic Request: custom upholstery

Let's see what you got! I'm mostly interested in seeing custom seat upholstery, dyed seats, modified door cards, rear seat delete setups, alcantara bits (other than steering wheels).

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 01:59 AM   #2
WrathOTM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

That is an...interesting use of carbon fiber or CF wrap. And I don't completely hate it but my general reaction is that of visible concern. If that is a real CF door card, that is fuckin' legit.

Uh, anyway my near-ish future plans are either dark red or burgundy leather to replace the sensatec from Lseat dot com. I have a custom ebony metallic vinyl wood wrap for all my trim that I think will look awesome with any shade of red leather. My door trim leather is sagging and letting little bits yellow foam out and all over the friggin place and pissing me off because I cant keep it in place as some spray glue didn't do shit. I'm going to get a couple square feet of a couple colors to try out on the door card to see which I like best. And its coming down to scarlet/burgundy/dark red or maybe blue.

The alcantara in the pic above is cool but to me that's too ubiquitous. But I would be lying if I said that it didn't look good with the CF.

All that said, does anyone have diamond stitched seats they could post a pic of?

Here is a pic from the 1M guys for a rear seat delete which looks exceptionally clean, and I just might take this route too...
Attached Images

08-13-2021, 06:18 AM   #3
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

I'll see if I can snap a pic of my custom napa sport seats with gray stitching that matches the Aluminum hex trim for you later.

Need to install my matching boots and steering wheel cover. Thanks for reminding me.
      08-15-2021, 02:50 AM   #4
CharsadehBEAST
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Minivan

WrathOTM I found those from a quick Google search, I believe they are real CF door cards but IIRC they come with a price tag just under $1k a piece.
I don't think diamond stich will go with the spirit of the E82, I previously bought a VW Corrado that had suade diamond stitching done by the previous owner and it was out of place.
I've seen that rear seat delete shelf during my search, I haven't decided if I want to cover the open space with a net or another shelf. I'm also reviewing stereo upgrade options and possible exhaust upgrades and my final decision will be dependant on how much noise I'm willing to accept in the cabin.

ShocknAwe please post when you have an opportunity, I'd love to see what you've done.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 02:26 PM   #5
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Took my steering wheel off today to send out and meant to snap a photo of the seats for you.. forgot we went to the beach with the dog and kiddo this week. Gonna have to clean my interior first it's apocalyptic!
      08-18-2021, 01:29 AM   #6
WrathOTM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharsadehBEAST View Post
WrathOTM I found those from a quick Google search, I believe they are real CF door cards but IIRC they come with a price tag just under $1k a piece.
I don't think diamond stich will go with the spirit of the E82, I previously bought a VW Corrado that had suade diamond stitching done by the previous owner and it was out of place.
I've seen that rear seat delete shelf during my search, I haven't decided if I want to cover the open space with a net or another shelf. I'm also reviewing stereo upgrade options and possible exhaust upgrades and my final decision will be dependant on how much noise I'm willing to accept in the cabin.

ShocknAwe please post when you have an opportunity, I'd love to see what you've done.

Real CF?! I'm gonna coooooooooomeeeeee