BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-21-2011, 07:18 AM   #969
xxllst
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i/LeMans blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyNoodle View Post
I noticed your car pop up on CarSales a couple of days ago. I especially noticed and liked your second last picture and said to myself... Next time I sell a car on CarSales, I'm going to do something similar - mix it up a bit

Oh, and the car looks great - were the photos taken on the Great Ocean Road?

And I don't mean to disappoint but from someone who has been monitoring the second hand 135i market for the past 6 months and who has recently pulled the trigger, I think you are going to have to get a bit more realistic with your asking price - if you actually want to sell it.
thanks crusty,,,,

so what is the going price these days with low klms like mine crusty...?

and yes the pictures were taken on great ocean road ... i think its about time the roads get upgraded there also....constantly looking out for potholes
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2011, 08:22 AM   #970
CrustyNoodle
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

I'm planning on having mine down the Great Ocean Road at Christmas time so I'll take heed of your warnings.

I think the price and method you use to sell your car will depend on how long you are willing to wait to find a buyer. To give you an example of prices and times:
  • A manual 2008 in Cashmere Silver with nav. but no sunroof with 35k km on the clock which was first advertised about 12 weeks ago at $58.5k, about a week ago he dropped the price to $56.5k and its currently still there.
  • A manual 2009 in Cashmere Silver (again) with nav. and sunroof and nice colour interior with 11.5k km on the clock which was first advertised about 8 weeks ago for $62k. About 2 weeks ago he dropped the price to $57k - I'm pretty sure he'll be able to get $55.
  • On the up side, there was a 2009 in Qld. with 28k km, without nav. but with sunroof that sold just last week after only being in for a couple of weeks - the final price listed was $56.5k

There doesn't seem to be a particularly high premium on Nav. or sunroof - I don't think you get much more for it but I think it probably sells a little quicker.

Finally I suggest if you find someone is interested then don't let them go - sell it to them! For example, let's say they offer you $57k for your car currently at $61.8k, get them to come around and look at the car to ensure they like it and if they do but won't pay what you are asking then immediately drop your advertised price by a couple of grand. Hopefully this will encourage them to pull the trigger as they may start to get concerned that someone else will now be interested in it at the lower price. If this doesn't work then simply put the price back up again.

Good luck - they are selling but just not very quickly.
      08-21-2011, 09:12 AM   #971
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

xxlst, also consider dropping the price to sub 60k so as to be in the 'sub 60k' bracket, might mean the car gets included in a few more search results that way...

I reckon it's worth 55-57k
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2011, 09:14 AM   #972
xxllst
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I'm planning on having mine down the Great Ocean Road at Christmas time so I'll take heed of your warnings.

I think the price and method you use to sell your car will depend on how long you are willing to wait to find a buyer. To give you an example of prices and times:
  • A manual 2008 in Cashmere Silver with nav. but no sunroof with 35k km on the clock which was first advertised about 12 weeks ago at $58.5k, about a week ago he dropped the price to $56.5k and its currently still there.
  • A manual 2009 in Cashmere Silver (again) with nav. and sunroof and nice colour interior with 11.5k km on the clock which was first advertised about 8 weeks ago for $62k. About 2 weeks ago he dropped the price to $57k - I'm pretty sure he'll be able to get $55.
  • On the up side, there was a 2009 in Qld. with 28k km, without nav. but with sunroof that sold just last week after only being in for a couple of weeks - the final price listed was $56.5k

There doesn't seem to be a particularly high premium on Nav. or sunroof - I don't think you get much more for it but I think it probably sells a little quicker.

Finally I suggest if you find someone is interested then don't let them go - sell it to them! For example, let's say they offer you $57k for your car currently at $61.8k, get them to come around and look at the car to ensure they like it and if they do but won't pay what you are asking then immediately drop your advertised price by a couple of grand. Hopefully this will encourage them to pull the trigger as they may start to get concerned that someone else will now be interested in it at the lower price. If this doesn't work then simply put the price back up again.

Good luck - they are selling but just not very quickly.
crusty thanks for the info,,, i will take your word for it and c what the outcome will be... all i can say is that im no salesman.. so the car would have to sell it self
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2011, 09:32 AM   #973
xxllst
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmroxm5 View Post
xxlst, also consider dropping the price to sub 60k so as to be in the 'sub 60k' bracket, might mean the car gets included in a few more search results that way...

I reckon it's worth 55-57k
bmroxm5, i think you may be right, im considering to change price!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2011, 03:50 PM   #974
mcmn
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY10 AW 135i

Quote:
I'm planning on having mine down the Great
I went and saw this car, its in pretty bad condition for its age and kms. It's probably worth low 50s. The car has:

- Car has 2 scratches on the passengers side which start at the front fender and finish at the rear fender. They look like they could polish out, but not sure.
- Dents/scratches on the front and rear bumper

FWIW - I think your car is worth 54-56K. Recommend you take a picture with the sat nav up - as i didnt notice it had it until i read here.

Paul
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2011, 08:00 PM   #975
Liub
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: E8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liub View Post
Coolio, well I just placed my order for the coilovers so I'll list it now! It won't be off the car until earliest next week, so please bid accordingly. I won't ask for payment until it's off.

I would definitely prefer a local buyer but will ship at buyers expense.

This kit has done ~5000km only. It will be uninstalled by Andrew@SouthernBM, who did the installation too.

Eibach Springs $220
Koni FSDs $720

Feel free to PM me.
Sorry guys, won't be available for sale for another 3-4 weeks. PYSPEED shafted me with inventory so I won't be able to get my coilovers until later this week, and I will be overseas for two weeks.

Please still PM me if you're still interested and I'll get back to you when I'm back.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2011, 08:30 PM   #976
dh58
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxllst View Post
crusty thanks for the info,,, i will take your word for it and c what the outcome will be... all i can say is that im no salesman.. so the car would have to sell it self
Based on what mcmn said about that car having the large scratch and dents. If you've taken good care of your car you should tell them. Also take pics to show how you've taken care of it. When I was looking at carsales for a 2nd hand car I was always looking and buying with my eyes. If the pic looked crap then I thought the car was crap. If the pic was good the car was good. Its not rational but that's how I thought. I am sure I am not the only one.

So if you take good care of your car you should tell people.
And if you can get good pics then you should use those. Usually right after a clean is best.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 05:11 AM   #977
fly135
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i Coupe N55

Garage List
2011 135i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Up for sale are my stock 18” 261 wheels and tyres off my 135i. They were only driven on for about 1 week after I picked up my brand new car from the dealership back in November last year. Since then they have been sitting in a spare room, covered up and away from any direct sunlight.

Needless to say the wheels are in perfect, like new condition and so are the tyres (they still have the little hairs on them). Tyres are standard Bridgestone Potenza RE050 run-flats in 215/40 18 and 245/35 18.

These would be a great buy for someone that wants to upgrade their OEM wheels or even just someone that already has 261’s (in rough condition) but needs new tyres and would like a fresh set of rims to mount them on.

$2,200

Pickup is from Sydney or can post at buyers expense.

Attachment 563567

Attachment 563568

Attachment 563569
Hi guys...wheels are for sale again
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 06:34 AM   #978
CrustyNoodle
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmn View Post
I went and saw this car, its in pretty bad condition for its age and kms. It's probably worth low 50s. The car has:

- Car has 2 scratches on the passengers side which start at the front fender and finish at the rear fender. They look like they could polish out, but not sure.
- Dents/scratches on the front and rear bumper

Paul
I emailed this guy a few times as well but I found him to be a total dick head - really turned me off being interested in his car. Oh well, his loss!
      08-22-2011, 07:23 AM   #979
mcmn
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY10 AW 135i

I completely agree with what you've said crustynoodle. He was, well odd at the very least.

Car wasnt worth it anyway. so no great loss!

Paul'
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 08:06 AM   #980
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

FS - Black 261s

Hi guys, posting on behalf of a non-forum member friend. Set of four gloss black OEM Style 261 staggered wheels with stock Bridgestone Potenza RFTs. The wheels are in excellent condition, no curb rash or anything. Three tyres are ~10k kms and one front tyre is newer due to being replaced a few months ago. I just got him to quickly clean up one wheel for a photo - but all are the same.

$2.3k ono.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 08:25 AM   #981
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

black 261s
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 01:43 AM   #982
JB4-335
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmroxm5 View Post
black 261s
+1
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 02:58 AM   #983
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4135 View Post
+1
Yeah, but full gloss.. none of this semi-gloss crap you have
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 06:00 AM   #984
Orlin
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post
Yeah, but full gloss.. none of this semi-gloss crap you have
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 09:27 PM   #985
sydjaz
Rep
Drives: Ford Focus RS

135i N54 HiTech full exhaust 4 sale

Hi guys,

I've had a look through the forum a few months back when I first purchased my 08 135i unfortunately I never joined up because I only had it for a month. To my unbeknowns the seating position on the beemer gave me immense back pain after about 20min of driving and this would last all day at work. Its not the cars fault its my dodgy tight hamstrings that when seated low and stretched out give me back pain. So in the first week of owning the car I had a full exhaust put on the car and 3 weeks later it was pulled of when it was sold.

I don't like to post when I haven't contributed anything to the forum community but this exhaust has been sitting in my garage since april and really only has 3 weeks of use on it and I want it gone.

I'm looking for $1800 for the lot

Thanks
Jaz

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 09:39 PM   #986
BMWRX
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 CP

Garage List
2017 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydjaz View Post
Hi guys,

I've had a look through the forum a few months back when I first purchased my 08 135i unfortunately I never joined up because I only had it for a month. To my unbeknowns the seating position on the beemer gave me immense back pain after about 20min of driving and this would last all day at work. Its not the cars fault its my dodgy tight hamstrings that when seated low and stretched out give me back pain. So in the first week of owning the car I had a full exhaust put on the car and 3 weeks later it was pulled of when it was sold.

I don't like to post when I haven't contributed anything to the forum community but this exhaust has been sitting in my garage since april and really only has 3 weeks of use on it and I want it gone.

I'm looking for $1800 for the lot

Thanks
Jaz
What's it worth new? Is it pick up only (I'd imagine so)? Do you have any videos of the car driving by with the exhaust attached?

Stupid question, but why didn't you go see a physio or the like and design a treatment to stretch your hamstrings out? I hate hamstrings stretches as much as the next guy (I have to do them, along with hip flexor stretches, for my cycling or my knees get very cranky with me) but it's something I'd endure for the sake of keeping my 135i.
      08-23-2011, 09:50 PM   #987
sydjaz
Rep
Drives: Ford Focus RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWRX View Post
What's it worth new? Is it pick up only (I'd imagine so)? Do you have any videos of the car driving by with the exhaust attached?

Stupid question, but why didn't you go see a physio or the like and design a treatment to stretch your hamstrings out? I hate hamstrings stretches as much as the next guy (I have to do them, along with hip flexor stretches, for my cycling or my knees get very cranky with me) but it's something I'd endure for the sake of keeping my 135i.
I got it for $2700 and that was a bit of a discount through the BMW Sydney. I think it 3g brand new can't remember. I will post it, just have to box it up.

I've only got the attached link from HiTech (does it work??)

Funny you say that I was and I developed it from cycling as well. Now I'm in the RS and everything is fine.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 10:47 PM   #988
dk130i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Blue car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk130i View Post
Brake Pads for 130i
Front and rear set, brand new.
Make me an offer.
In addition to the brake pads I now may have few more items for sale.

EOI
Swap your open diff for my quaife equipped diff. (My car is a 130i with manual transmission). To make it easier (and cheaper) I am proposing to swap the whole diff casing.

Assuming that diff cases are the same on 130i and 135i this would be a cost effective way to get more traction and better acceleration for your manual 135 due to the shorter diff ratio of 130i. (3.08 in 135i versus 3.46 in 130i)

Also if anyone is interested in a set of Koni FSDs, covered about 20 000 kms they will be available shortly (still on the car at present but will be removed soon).

Happy to discus further via PM/phone.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 12:41 AM   #989
130iWanted
Captain Slow
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 xDrive20D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk130i View Post
In addition to the brake pads I now may have few more items for sale.

EOI
Swap your open diff for my quaife equipped diff. (My car is a 130i with manual transmission). To make it easier (and cheaper) I am proposing to swap the whole diff casing.

Assuming that diff cases are the same on 130i and 135i this would be a cost effective way to get more traction and better acceleration for your manual 135 due to the shorter diff ratio of 130i. (3.08 in 135i versus 3.46 in 130i)

Also if anyone is interested in a set of Koni FSDs, covered about 20 000 kms they will be available shortly (still on the car at present but will be removed soon).

Happy to discus further via PM/phone.
Oh man if I hadn't just come back from a two week holiday with an empty bank balance.....
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 02:18 AM   #990
Ausfredy
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: alfa 159 3.2 SW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Hi guys...wheels are for sale again
Hi Still got the wheels for sale ?