BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-29-2010, 12:03 AM   #1
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

Removing the interior trim

Hi, I just purchased some matte carbon fiber fabric interior trim for my car . I couldn't find the DIY for removing the shift knob/boot for automatics... is it the same as manual cars?

Also, since I didn't want to buy the tools, what are the best tools to remove the interior trim? A credit card and covered/soft flat head screwdriver?

edit: also couldn't find how to remove the ash tray wood part... i could have sworn i had seen it!
      09-29-2010, 11:22 AM   #2
ulrichd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M-Sport

Ashtray trim requires removal of the entire center console, unless the design has changed since 09.

Here's the link:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216944
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 11:38 AM   #3
RAYKHOURY135
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135I

Smile shift know on septronic

just did this yesterday. you pull up on the shift knob, will take some force the first time, becarefull not to break your nose as when it comes loose from the force it will come out quick and in the direction you are pulling. hope this helps. it was more teadious than difficult to get that ashtray out. hope this helps

ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
Hi, I just purchased some matte carbon fiber fabric interior trim for my car . I couldn't find the DIY for removing the shift knob/boot for automatics... is it the same as manual cars?

Also, since I didn't want to buy the tools, what are the best tools to remove the interior trim? A credit card and covered/soft flat head screwdriver?

edit: also couldn't find how to remove the ash tray wood part... i could have sworn i had seen it!
2008 BMW 135I JET BLACK / CLEAR BRA / GIAC STAGE 2 / INJEN INTAKE / HPF FMIC / STETT CHARGE PIPE / FORGE DV / EIBACH SPRINGS / V3 VENT GAUGE / BMW PREFORMANCE BLACK GRILLS / PLM CATLESS DOWNPIPES / BMS O2 SIM / BERK RACE EXHAUST / 18" VMR VB3 W/ DUNLOP STARSPECS / ICARBON REAR SPOILER
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 11:38 PM   #4
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

I just read the link posted... and it doesn't comment about the ashtray part?