BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-03-2015, 06:10 AM   #67
joao.toscano
Captain
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M140i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Just came across a video from last year's tour... looking forward to this year's tour!

What a ride Dackelone ... what a blast must be driving those roads ...

Reason of life my dear

All the best!
Appreciate 1
      04-08-2015, 04:58 PM   #68
markymark666
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: M135i F21

Quote:
Just came across a video from last year's tour... looking forward to this year's tour!

Yeah! This one was great
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 05:39 PM   #69
thehalcyon
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 135i MT LeMans

Quote:

Dack, Epic video! Thanks for sharing.

Have you ever taken any "tourists" on these drives? I would love to drive these roads at some point, being a continent away...it's a bit difficult. Maybe one day i'll do a Euro delivery.. There must be a place to rent bmws there! (ok who am I kidding probably not but I can dream.)
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2015, 03:14 AM   #70
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

The ALPS are calling!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 06:46 AM   #71
joao.toscano
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The ALPS are calling!!!
Oh yeah!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 07:25 AM   #72
Solo_M_Tech
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 6MT

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Jealous! I need a better paying job!!! lol
      01-08-2016, 08:22 AM   #73
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Must be winter... but MAN am I yearning for another awesome Alpine drive!!!

Looking back at "our" pictures from past trips... it just makes me feel so good that we have such an awesome group of car nuts here on our forum. And yes, I am already thinking of this year's Adventure!!

Dackel's Tours AG.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2016, 05:38 AM   #74
joao.toscano
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
Hi Dack ... I was just showing my girlfriend how hard is to drive that road - we've been in some nice roads when we drive to Solden (twice) and Zermatt but this is other challenge ..
I'm curious to understand what's the rhythm you guys ride per day? And is there in most areas 3G/4G available?
In case we drive only us you think that in case of issue with car we'll have a proper assistance .. Looks scary and exciting drive there ... I'm pretty sure we'll be there one day ..

Best!
Joao
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2016, 07:12 AM   #75
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by joao.toscano View Post
Hi Dack ... I was just showing my girlfriend how hard is to drive that road - we've been in some nice roads when we drive to Solden (twice) and Zermatt but this is other challenge ..
I'm curious to understand what's the rhythm you guys ride per day? And is there in most areas 3G/4G available?
In case we drive only us you think that in case of issue with car we'll have a proper assistance .. Looks scary and exciting drive there ... I'm pretty sure we'll be there one day ..

Best!
Joao
Go with Dackel AG Tour this year! It is a fun, but safe trip. No racing there, although in some sections we were carrying higher speeds because why not. The last thing you want to do while driving on the tight Alpine roads is being on a mobile, though. You won't get lost if that's your concern.

Look in this thread about last year's trip.
      01-09-2016, 01:18 PM   #76
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:

Best!
Joao
We try to not drive too long every day. Maybe 150 kms or so. It really depends on the area and how many turns. In the Sella area... we might only drive 100 kms.... but even so it will take us maybe two hours to get there... because the roads are so twisty and scary. Plus we like to pull over every now and then to take some photos or get a drink and walk around. We're not into racing or anything.... but we do have our "fun" now and then on the "nice" sections of roads.

For instance from Imst, Austria to Soelden, Austria and then heading down the immelsjoch Hochalpenstraße to Vipiteno BZ, Italy - I think it took us a little over three hours.

Its always good to stop for lunch and enjoy the scenery. And its always great to talk cars with our group of 1Addicts.

If you have any other questions feel three to ask away!

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2016, 03:49 PM   #77
joao.toscano
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
This is everything I've been looking for years ..or decades!

Find such a group (as here in Netherlands I don't know many) and enjoy the pleasure of riding such as you guys do ..

The description you said is perfect Dackelone - you guys have the rhythm we like to do!

What's the timeframe and deadline to have our participation in place?

I'm already talking with my girlfriend about this - as I'm really looking forward to do it!

Quote:
We try to not drive too long every day. Maybe 150 kms or so. It really depends on the area and how many turns. In the Sella area... we might only drive 100 kms.... but even so it will take us maybe two hours to get there... because the roads are so twisty and scary. Plus we like to pull over every now and then to take some photos or get a drink and walk around. We're not into racing or anything.... but we do have our "fun" now and then on the "nice" sections of roads.

For instance from Imst, Austria to Soelden, Austria and then heading down the immelsjoch Hochalpenstraße to Vipiteno BZ, Italy - I think it took us a little over three hours.

Its always good to stop for lunch and enjoy the scenery. And its always great to talk cars with our group of 1Addicts.

If you have any other questions feel three to ask away!

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2016, 04:46 PM   #78
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
This is everything I've been looking for years ..or decades!

Find such a group (as here in Netherlands I don't know many) and enjoy the pleasure of riding such as you guys do ..

The description you said is perfect Dackelone - you guys have the rhythm we like to do!

What's the timeframe and deadline to have our participation in place?

I'm already talking with my girlfriend about this - as I'm really looking forward to do it!

That's great to hear, man! Welcome!

As to your questions from the other thread:

Quote:
Let me pop up a few:

- Will be a 2016 edition?
Yes, I am sure

- If yes will this be optional for outsiders to join?
There are no outsiders and insiders. 2014 was our first time with the group and even my dad, who does not speak well DE/ENG at all, felt comfortable and enjoyed it there.

- Do you guys ride this tours mostly in Summer? If yes namely which period.
July/August?; last year it was in August.

- What can you advice in case we're alone riding to Passo dell Stelvio?
DSC off.

- Is there enough network and support in case trouble happens?
It's not like we're driving through the middle of nowhere, man; no worries!
      01-09-2016, 06:10 PM   #79
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

swagon

Quote:

What's the time frame and deadline to have our participation in place?

Yes, we will definitely do a tour this year!! (and every year as long as I am living in Germany)

I'm not sure on an exact date as of yet. Probably late summer July/August. Some of the guys in our group want to have the tour in September(ish)... because of far less crowded Alpine Passes then. That's something I am considering. Also a few of our "gang" have placed orders for the new M2... so it would be nice to have a bunch of tuned 1er's, 2er's and 1M's and M3's to play with the latest offering from ///M division!

Just keep an eye out on the European section of 1Addicts. I will make a planning thread around April - I think.

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 02:50 AM   #80
joao.toscano
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
Fantastic!

Please do let me know more details when the thread comes out!

September would be great or early July. This year I'm planning to stay in Europe rather than be out of mainland.

How many days you guys book for you last year's tours? Just that I'm aware and I can have such number available to join you guys.

M2 ... so nice! My bimmer will be so happy to drive with you guys

Cheers

Quote:
swagon

Yes, we will definitely do a tour this year!! (and every year as long as I am living in Germany)

I'm not sure on an exact date as of yet. Probably late summer July/August. Some of the guys in our group want to have the tour in September(ish)... because of far less crowded Alpine Passes then. That's something I am considering. Also a few of our "gang" have placed orders for the new M2... so it would be nice to have a bunch of tuned 1er's, 2er's and 1M's and M3's to play with the latest offering from ///M division!

Just keep an eye out on the European section of 1Addicts. I will make a planning thread around April - I think.

Dackel

HGT'2022 |
M&M-PerformanceCC
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 04:36 PM   #81
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Fantastic!

Please do let me know more details when the thread comes out!

September would be great or early July. This year I'm planning to stay in Europe rather than be out of mainland.

How many days you guys book for you last year's tours? Just that I'm aware and I can have such number available to join you guys.

M2 ... so nice! My bimmer will be so happy to drive with you guys

Cheers
We usually do a half day of driving together on a Friday and all day Saturday. Then a half day of driving on Sunday.

Some of us will take off a few days before Friday's big meet up... and we drive together in a small group(five or six cars) thru some of the scenic Passes in Switzerland or Austria - before meeting up in the Sella Alps.

It will really depend on where we all decided to drive this year. In the early Spring me and Artemis and maybe Trond - we will meet up for a little "scouting" mission before the main event! Then we will plan where our Tour will drive and we will pick a date.

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2016, 12:56 AM   #82
joao.toscano
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
Great!

Looking your pictures in a global scale it looks that you guys been there for a few weeks

So should not be any problem at all - actually we'll certainly take a few more days rather than a weekend as we might want to explore a little more there.

Will see. For now we'll look forward to read from you and when is something planned please do put me in loop.

With kind regards,

Joao

Quote:
We usually do a half day of driving together on a Friday and all day Saturday. Then a half day of driving on Sunday.

Some of us will take off a few days before Friday's big meet up... and we drive together in a small group(five or six cars) thru some of the scenic Passes in Switzerland or Austria - before meeting up in the Sella Alps.

It will really depend on where we all decided to drive this year. In the early Spring me and Artemis and maybe Trond - we will meet up for a little "scouting" mission before the main event! Then we will plan where our Tour will drive and we will pick a date.

Dackel

HGT'2022 |
M&M-PerformanceCC
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2016, 03:20 PM   #83
1mmaniac
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1m

Quote:
In the early Spring me and Artemis and maybe Trond - we will meet up for a little "scouting" mission before the main event! Then we will plan where our Tour will drive and we will pick a date.

Dackel
Could you keep me in the loop? I might have time to join and catch up on the miles I missed in '15
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2016, 04:14 PM   #84
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mmaniac View Post
Could you keep me in the loop? I might have time to join and catch up on the miles I missed in '15
Sure thing, buddy!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2016, 04:30 PM   #85
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Good to see new people showing interest in the 1Addicts tour.

Might have two or three people coming with us, too.
      01-14-2016, 04:37 PM   #86
joao.toscano
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
Counting days now ...

HGT'2022 |
M&M-PerformanceCC
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2016, 05:12 PM   #87