01-31-2012, 11:29 AM   #45
Lay-Z M3
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: ASPP 135i Cab, E90 M3, M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemw1M View Post
I've been working at Facebook since 2006. I paid MSRP. A year from now I would pay $100k if I really wanted it..
Get it??
Forgive my ignorance - but whats the story with yourself and all other facebook employees becoming millionaires please?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 12:04 PM   #46
tkbr0wn
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.hasan546 View Post
Listen what a car is worth depends on supply and demand not original MSRP; etc. screw percentages. Like i said go look at a NSX right now. You'll pay over 50% of it's original msrp for a good condition low mile. Same for the e30 m3, same for the Supra, same for the 02-03 mustang cobra, same for the s2000 CR.

You sound young (shit well i am too but im a geezer at heart), im not trying to be offensive like tkbrown (even if it was kinda funny ). Im assuming you don't make tremendous amounts of money. Im 22. I make a substantial income. I would have paid cash for my 1M if i didn't have investments that beat the 1.54% interest rates nowadays. I was going to buy one for markup for the convenience but i had some time off from my business so i made some calls and got lucky. If it was a normal busy season for me like this Nov.-Dec. if i had wasted 1 day on trying to find a 1M i would lost sales worth $10k. Some people are that busy. Time = $$$.
My father is a serial entrepreneur. When i told him i made 200 calls to find my 1M he called me an idiot. He said spend your time making money. Spend your money to save you time. For him he's right. He'd rather pay more and not have to deal with other issues. Shit i regret not buying my 1M from my local dealer at $5k markup. The bullshit ive had to deal with the dealer i bought it from cost me more than time and grievance than the $5k i saved. Once you start making $$$$$ you'll see your more willing to pay more regardless of value.
I would love to know the percentage of S.hasan546 posts where he talks about income or his lowered S2000, Has to be be greater than 80%.

● 2015 Cayman S (Current), 2011 1M BSM #297 (Sold), 2008 135i (Sold) ●
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 12:17 PM   #47
Sy546
Captain
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E46 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbr0wn View Post
I would love to know the percentage of S.hasan546 posts where he talks about income or his lowered S2000, Has to be be greater than 80%.
Id say closer to 90-98% . But the percentage of your posts were you're a dick has to be 100%. Everything doesn't have to be a personal attack. This is a forum. Just a friendly discussion. Me & Papethova used a solid argument while you came in here just making personal comments. That does nothing except cause issues. Why do any of us care if he had spent his daddy's money? If it was daddy's money than he'd be happy to pay a markup since it wouldnt come out of his pocket.

Last edited by Sy546; 01-31-2012 at 12:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 12:24 PM   #48
RaptorKTM
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 M Coupe

Garage List
2011 BMW 1 M  [0.00]
OK i decided my 1 M is now for sale. 140K FIRM
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 12:25 PM   #49
RaptorKTM
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1 M  [0.00]
or will trade for Bugatti Super Sport + Cash
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 12:32 PM   #50
tkbr0wn
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.hasan546 View Post
Id say closer to 90-98% . But the percentage of your posts were your a dick has to be 100%. Everything doesn't have to be a personal attack. This is a forum. Just a friendly discussion. Me & Papethova used a solid argument while you came in here just making personal comments. That does nothing except cause issues. Why do any of us care if he had spent his daddy's money? If it was daddy's money than he'd be happy to pay a markup since it wouldnt come out of his pocket.
It's you're....

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 12:36 PM   #51
Sy546
Captain
Rep

Quote:
It's you're....
fixed. thank you so much
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 02:07 PM   #52
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
So having lots of money excuses you from being an idiot?

Personally, if I was going to spend 75K on a car, it damned well wouldnt be a 1 series, doesnt matter which model. I could hardly justify the 50K MSRP on my car
I collect rare precious world coins. I sometimes pay over 'book' value for some that I really want in my collection. That certainly doesn't make me an idiot, IMO. I missed opportunities on coins that I thought were 'overpriced' and lived to regret it because I just couldn't find them again.

So to address your comment, having lots of money allows you to have higher value 'disposable' income. I'm NOT super rich but there is some individuals that might make 1/3 of what I do and feel like I am stupid with my money. The only difference is I can afford it to come extent.

It's all relative and a simple fact of what you can afford to be stupid with. Anything you spend money on, outside basic necessities of life, is technically 'stupid'.
      01-31-2012, 02:25 PM   #53
Sy546
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Metak2you View Post
I collect rare precious world coins. I sometimes pay over 'book' value for some that I really want in my collection. That certainly doesn't make me an idiot, IMO. I missed opportunities on coins that I thought were 'overpriced' and lived to regret it because I just couldn't find them again.

So to address your comment, having lots of money allows you to have higher value 'disposable' income. I'm NOT super rich but there is some individuals that might make 1/3 of what I do and feel like I am stupid with my money. The only difference is I can afford it to come extent.

It's all relative and a simple fact of what you can afford to be stupid with. Anything you spend money on, outside basic necessities of life, is technically 'stupid'.
Exactly. Oh and to put this into perspective i just helped a friend in the UAE export a 1M from the US. He paid in total $125k after markup + my fees + car broker's fee + shipping; etc. & he didn't give a crap since the car was for some Sheikh.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 03:43 PM   #54
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
And youre failing to understand the principle of percentages. Ive never argued that 75K is too much to spend on a car. But when that cost is more than 50% of what the car originally went for new, used, then you have to reevaluate something.

Ill give you an example of an irrelevant topic to the conversation. Ready for it? I drive a convertible, and you look down on me for that. What does that have to do with percentages?
oh kid...I don't wanna get into a personal pissing argument, but I could possibly teach you more numbers than you'd ever need for the rest of your life.

That aside, you are making a poor assumption that because the "percentages" don't seem logical to you, they should not seem logical to others. Who gives a flying crap if someone wants to spend 150% of the value of a car, on a car? It's not your problem/business, and it's not coming out of your pocket. You calling someone an idiot for doing that is just as relevant as anyone calling you an idiot for driving a convertible - precisely my point.

If you couldn't justify the price for yourself, or if your dad wouldn't allow you to spend that kind of money on a car, then take it elsewhere. It is clear that all of us who own the car highly believe that it is worth every penny, even when a premium is slapped on top of MSRP. Live with it kid, not everyone thinks like you do, thankfully.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 03:44 PM   #55
RaptorKTM
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1 M  [0.00]
The message is its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. So if its a dream car, paying a any amount over value is a good purchase in their eyes.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 04:11 PM   #56
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

And this crap is why I dont like to post my age on this forum.

I was almost following your argument, until you decided to be a condescending douche.

You can have your opinions and I can have mine. You might think its justified, but I think that once you consider buying a car at a 50% markup...especially a car with mileage on it, then you should start considering cars in that price bracket.

And I understand that people want to do what they want to do, but I can still find it silly

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 05:33 PM   #57
Sy546
Captain
Rep

Quote:
You can have your opinions and I can have mine. You might think its justified, but I think that once you consider buying a car at a 50% markup...especially a car with mileage on it, then you should start considering cars in that price bracket.
Ok well compare it to cars in that price bracket...

M3? $75k. Heavier, slower at some tracks, less tq, Gas mileage that rivals with exotics, and can be seen every other mile.

Cayman R? $70-$80k. Lighter, better steering, faster on the track, similar performance as the 1M, Less DDable than the 1M, More expensive to insure, Porsche depreciate like exotics (by miles/condition). & new cayman coming in 2013, which will probably as fast as the cayman r.

Evora S- $90k. Less DDable, has quality control issues, no market to resell these, slower than the M in straight line & even on the track, Interior is ok, Nav is horrible, no trunk space, no back seats (the back seats it has don't fit normal adults.

TT-RS- $65k-$75k. Less DDable, Also has a markup at many dealers (only 500 to the country i believe), less backseat space, AWD (either love or hate it), only real competitor to the 1M IMHO.

What else? C63 & IS-F don't compare since they are heavy luxury sedans.

Last edited by Sy546; 01-31-2012 at 07:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 06:57 PM   #58
HALOTHANE
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: INTERLAGOS ZCP

Garage List
My Bugatti Veyron is more expensive than your M3, 1M, 135, and 128 combined. And.....I didn't buy it with daddy's $$$$.

Let's set some grown up rules: put your money where your mouth is, speak from experience, respect others opinions, no one cares how many millions you wipe your parts with, and (overall) enjoy your cars - whatever you may drive. It's a forum, not a pissing contest!

Value, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder and is rarely intrinsic to the item in question. It is often subjective and perceived, especially in regards to luxury items. Harvard Business 101.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 08:55 AM   #59
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:

LOL tk bustin ballz in this thread..
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #60
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
there's a lot of ball busting and over-inflated chubs in this thread, and it's all pointless. why doesn't everyone chill? so opinions are opinions...why does everyone have to push or justify their points (scratch that, opinons)? if you have lost of money, it's relative and subject to your opinion as to what's valuable or 'worth' paying more for. Metak said it best...

i absolutely love this car, but i also know how i am...i'll have something better at some point (maybe i'll keep this, maybe i'll sell it).

1series...you must have a permanent red stain on your upper lip from all the 1M kool-aid your sucking on! it seems like every time someone attacks the 1M or questions it's superiority, you take it personally and lash back (mostly in a negative tone). who cares? let it go...and stop being such a snob. let vert have his opinion, and let's get along like adults. i don't mean to just pick on you, it just seems like a pattern; that's all.

tk...same way. you're a little rough around the edges...but you're definitely right...s.h. ALWAYS talks about that damn S2000!!! hahaha

everyone try to play nice. we're all the same in a way, and we have the same interest. let's save the flaming for trolls, not for each other. it seems like we're bored and have nothing better to do lately.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 09:32 AM   #61
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep

Just made a pitcher...who wants some?

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #62
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1k0d3n
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
there's a lot of ball busting and over-inflated chubs in this thread, and it's all pointless. why doesn't everyone chill? so opinions are opinions...why does everyone have to push or justify their points (scratch that, opinons)? if you have lost of money, it's relative and subject to your opinion as to what's valuable or 'worth' paying more for. Metak said it best...

i absolutely love this car, but i also know how i am...i'll have something better at some point (maybe i'll keep this, maybe i'll sell it).

1series...you must have a permanent red stain on your upper lip from all the 1M kool-aid your sucking on! it seems like every time someone attacks the 1M or questions it's superiority, you take it personally and lash back (mostly in a negative tone). who cares? let it go...and stop being such a snob. let vert have his opinion, and let's get along like adults. i don't mean to just pick on you, it just seems like a pattern; that's all.

tk...same way. you're a little rough around the edges...but you're definitely right...s.h. ALWAYS talks about that damn S2000!!! hahaha

everyone try to play nice. we're all the same in a way, and we have the same interest. let's save the flaming for trolls, not for each other. it seems like we're bored and have nothing better to do lately.
"all right people, stop attacking each other, but before I'm done, I'm going to attack a couple of you"

I love these forums!!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #63
tkbr0wn
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
Just made a pitcher...who wants some?

Is that pitcher of Kool-Aid Valencia Orange? Cant tell in that light... ;-)

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 10:10 AM   #64
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Is that pitcher of Kool-Aid Valencia Orange? Cant tell in that light... ;-)
That snap is the sound of Kay's balls being busted, and that after he signed off on the BSM color for the blind among us.

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 10:29 AM   #65
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
A lot of internet tough guys here. How about this jolly reading on "How To Win Any Arguments on the Internet"

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/how-win-any.php
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0