BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #23
Moocow
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
I am surprised no one has pointed out the obvious. You were doing 40 over the limit AND got caught. I say suck it up princess and in future if you want to be a hoon go to the track
read initial post - no one has posted useless contributing replies, as I asked for that not to happen.

I have never disputed what I have done, I merely seek advice from other that might have gone through a similar situation.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #24
Knightelf
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
I am surprised no one has pointed out the obvious. You were doing 40 over the limit AND got caught. I say suck it up princess and in future if you want to be a hoon go to the track
pavo such a shit stirrer

Build thread: http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1149793
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 08:23 PM   #25
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moocow
Quote:
read initial post - no one has posted useless contributing replies, as I asked for that not to happen.

I have never disputed what I have done, I merely seek advice from other that might have gone through a similar situation.
So if you can do the crime then man up and do the time. Not like you were just over or anything but 40 over. Kinda like me getting picked up pissed as and saying ohhhh please I didn't mean to down those 12 beers...
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 08:34 PM   #26
Blauweisser
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 125i M-Sport

For those who think that speeding isn't such a big deal, consider this: the kinetic energy of a moving body is equal to half the mass of the body times the square of the velocity. Comparing a car travelling at 100 km/h and 140 km/h, the car travelling at 140 km/h has nearly twice as much kinetic energy (actually 1.96 times) as when travelling at 100 km/h. That means in a collision, twice as much destructive energy can be transferred to the car and its occupants, other vehicles and their occupants, or to other objects. You've seen the TV news, so you know this is real.

This is of course quite separate to the increase in stopping distance should you have to brake, and other considerations such as the condition of the road itself.

Concerning the first point, we were travelling on the Bruce Highway north of Brisbane yesterday. There's a section in the 110 km/h zone where chevron's (V's) have been marked on the road, with signs recommending you keep two chevrons distance between you and the next car to allow safe stopping. Trouble is, when we tried that, there was always some moron who would dive in.

Concerning that second point, I don't think that there's a public road in Australia where it's safe to travel at more than 110 km/h. Even the best roads here are goat tracks compared to those in Europe.

If you want to drive fast, buy a crash helmet and go to track days at your local raceway.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 11:59 PM   #27
Moocow
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [9.00]
Quote:
So if you can do the crime then man up and do the time. Not like you were just over or anything but 40 over. Kinda like me getting picked up pissed as and saying ohhhh please I didn't mean to down those 12 beers...
there always has to be one smart arse f#$kwit - if you don't have anything to actually contribute that is of any use - then don't bother. Troll
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 12:53 AM   #28
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
there always has to be one smart arse f#$kwit - if you don't have anything to actually contribute that is of any use - then don't bother. Troll
LMFAO blow me, oh and next time you put the keys in the ignition try to be responsible

Oh hang on I forgot your a cry baby and I bet its ya mates fault you stomped on the loud pedal :

Seriously if you were a man you would take responsibility for your actions, but from your comments I am guessing that is a long way off.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 02:02 AM   #29
Gumball
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: A45

Pavo, u never floored it on the road? If you never ever have done a 3rd gear pull to log etc well then you have the right to be a critic but if not it could be u next...... 2nd gear to redline is 30 and over in our fine city's many 4 lane 50 zones.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 02:23 AM   #30
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumball
Pavo, u never floored it on the road? If you never ever have done a 3rd gear pull to log etc well then you have the right to be a critic but if not it could be u next...... 2nd gear to redline is 30 and over in our fine city's many 4 lane 50 zones.
Yep I have absolutely, BUT if I got caught "on a country road" I'd man up and take my medicine. Not squeal and blame everyone else
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 02:45 AM   #31
Gumball
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: A45

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumball
Yep I have absolutely, BUT if I got caught "on a country road" I'd man up and take my medicine. Not squeal and blame everyone else
True but I understand the ops need to drive for his family. Agree with a licence loss for 45kmh + but 30+ is harsh.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 02:57 AM   #32
yawn
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Only thing is the OP is not blaming anyone but himself - just looking for options in his predicament. I don't really think you can blame anyone but yourself for speeding.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 03:05 AM   #33
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M

Pav can't read OPs very well

He really wants a 1 series beast too with a proper MT
How ya doin saffa? Still sore huh?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 03:21 AM   #34
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
How ya doin saffa? Still sore huh?
Who wouldn't be, I told u to use lubricant

Seriously Pav, read the fucking OP before you spread your verbal diarrhoea.... Oh and buy a E82
So if it was your wife an kids coming the other way and the OP hit them you'd still have the same view :

I don't give a shit what the op says and why should I. He openly admitted he was doing 40 over the limit and is crying he got caught.

If you condone his actions then your a fool as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 03:24 AM   #35
Moocow
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [9.00]
Quote:
I haven't squealed or blamed anyone else! I am 100% at fault - I have not denied this.

All that i am doing is trying to work out what options I have, if there are options available I'd like to lessen the pain that this will cause to my wife and young children.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 03:39 AM   #36
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
So if it was your wife an kids coming the other way and the OP hit them you'd still have the same view :

I don't give a shit what the op says and why should I. He openly admitted he was doing 40 over the limit and is crying he got caught.

If you condone his actions then your a fool as well.
He's not looking for sympathy Pav, he's asking how he can pay his dues and get on with his life. No one is condoning speeding in this thread

I'm pretty sure that I've seen you doing over 40 outside Advan, so don't act all fucking righteous here... Or do u only use the tune and meth on the track?
Well if he wants to pay his dues then "suck it up princess" and get the bus
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 03:40 AM   #37
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I haven't squealed or blamed anyone else! I am 100% at fault - I have not denied this.

All that i am doing is trying to work out what options I have, if there are options available I'd like to lessen the pain that this will cause to my wife and young children.
Does she actually know?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 04:12 AM   #38
Moocow
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [9.00]
Quote:
Does she actually know?
Yep. I told her straight away.

If was as simple as catching a bus and it only affected me, then that's what i'd do - but its not. As stated I am concerned not for myself.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 04:21 AM   #39
pavo335
Banned
Rep

You know what, I hope you learn your lesson and best of luck. Although I do think you need to lose your license to do that.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 06:55 AM   #40
walbjj
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: s2000

whilst i do see pavo's view, speeding recklessly is the worst thing, i can also see that moocow is trying to find the best solution to his shitty situation.
as mentioned, legal advice is ur number one option, but its still no guarantee, u might be thousands out of pocket and still lose ur licence.
one option that u might not have thought of is hiring a nanny. i have a mate that has a fulltime nanny that picks up and drops off the kids. she uses their car to do the errands. she costs about $200 a day. cheap when u consider childminding costs. she is a university masters student or something.
anyway, thats just a suggestion, it would be short term, just for the term of ur suspension, so if u do the maths, it might actually be cheaper to do it that way, than to try and get legal advice.
another option is if the licence hasnt been cancelled already, make the trip across the border and get a nsw licence. a mate has done this a few times and BOOM, hey presto, full nsw licence. as long as they havent sent the final cancellation. and as we know, there is always a huge lag with regards to fines and penalties being priocessed.
i think the only sticking point is u need a current address in nsw. so open a bank account or something, get a mate to couch for u, whatever it takes to get that documentation.
thats my advice
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 06:59 AM   #41
Ninjaoz
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: E39 540i, E90 320d,F15 30d

Garage List
2011 BMW 320d  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by walbjj View Post
another option is if the licence hasnt been cancelled already, make the trip across the border and get a nsw licence. a mate has done this a few times and BOOM, hey presto, full nsw licence. as long as they havent sent the final cancellation. and as we know, there is always a huge lag with regards to fines and penalties being priocessed.
i think the only sticking point is u need a current address in nsw. so open a bank account or something, get a mate to couch for u, whatever it takes to get that documentation.
thats my advice
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 07:30 AM   #42
walbjj
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: s2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaoz View Post
are u laughing as u think its a devilishly good idea, or r u laughing at the hairbrain suggestion.
i know a handful of people that have done this over the past few years, and one has done it the past year for the second time. lost it in WA, came to sydney, lost it in sydney, went back to WA.

they say that the systems r linked, but i think the processing lag is what gets them. u may lose the licence, but the time it takes to get the notice in the mail, u could be long gone
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 07:37 AM   #43
Liub
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: E8

Quote:
Originally Posted by walbjj View Post
whilst i do see pavo's view, speeding recklessly is the worst thing, i can also see that moocow is trying to find the best solution to his shitty situation.
as mentioned, legal advice is ur number one option, but its still no guarantee, u might be thousands out of pocket and still lose ur licence.
one option that u might not have thought of is hiring a nanny. i have a mate that has a fulltime nanny that picks up and drops off the kids. she uses their car to do the errands. she costs about $200 a day. cheap when u consider childminding costs. she is a university masters student or something.
anyway, thats just a suggestion, it would be short term, just for the term of ur suspension, so if u do the maths, it might actually be cheaper to do it that way, than to try and get legal advice.
thats my advice
To be honest, that's brilliant.
      01-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #44
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liub View Post
To be honest, that's brilliant.
Yes indeed, fraud added to a licence suspension sounds good.

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
Appreciate 0